DROID TURBO: Cases

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Seidio has a product page up for the Droid Turbo. There is no ETA and no pictures - it says "under development". You can't preorder, but prices are listed:

SEIDIO | Motorola Droid Turbo Accessories

Never used one, but I've always known them as having a pretty good reputation for cases with kickstands and holsters.
http://www.seidioonline.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=BD2-HT2MTDTK-BK
The Dilex Pro with Holster had always been the best for me. On every smart phone I ever had I bought a Seidio extended battery with case and holster. Been been very reliable over the years. They have great customer service whether you purchase the item through Seidioonline.com, Amazon, or Android Central

3 different BlackBerry, Droid X & X2, Droid Inc 2, Samsung GS3..

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Picked up a Commuter yesterday for my 32 BN and it is tight. Top right corner is just barely extending out from not fully clipping on but I'm thinking its the inside rubber bunched up near the earpiece hole. I'll try stretching that out today and see if that helps.

Even though it's light it does as some heft to the phone.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
While I usually have a more heavy duty case of some sort (not Ottorbox Defender heavy duty, but heavier than a skin), my go to cover for my phones has mostly been a silicone skin. Some nicer than others, but that's usually how I roll. eBay is usually lousy with them, but even those are not really out there for the BN Turbo.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
^^ Yeah, not many thin BN choices, but there are a few. One is currently available through VZW, and Cruzerlite is out (a rep told me that it fits BN).

The Aero Armor has some colors available, but unclear if it fits - though as pointed out before it is pictured on Amazon covering a BN.

Diztronic and Tudia are specifically making BN cases; Tudia is out before Christmas and Diztronic said "late December".

Not sure about the fit of ebay cases. I'm sure I'm missing something.

cactusleon

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
i think i am going to order the Aero Armor case, i would realy like something clearish to show the back, and do not like the casemate, i have been looking for the Tech21 everywhere with no luck, i also like the Puregear Clear/Black case thats on ebay, but was told it will not fit even tho it appears to be on a BN version in the pic, sorry i cant link it yet

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i think i am going to order the Aero Armor case, i would realy like something clearish to show the back, and do not like the casemate, i have been looking for the Tech21 everywhere with no luck, i also like the Puregear Clear/Black case thats on ebay, but was told it will not fit even tho it appears to be on a BN version in the pic, sorry i cant link it yet
The Tech21 isn't great with Ballistic Nylon. It fits but due to the extra size the top right tends to pop off in the pocket.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought the incipio case. It is big and trends to slip out of my hand. I'm very anxious for the seidio surface case. I had one on my DNA and it feels great.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
How is the Incipio Dual Pro big? You must have small hands...I have a red/black Dual Pro for my Turbo..it is fits great and to me, for a dual layer case, it is quite thin. It protects very well. I dropped the Turbo in my garage, while the Dual Pro was on...the Turbo was fine and the case had no scuffs or scratches.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I bought the incipio case. It is big and trends to slip out of my hand. I'm very anxious for the seidio surface case. I had one on my DNA and it feels great.

I'm a HUGE Seidio fan, but if you don't mind something bigger than the Seidio Surface check out the Speck Candyshell at the corporate VZ stores. It's a bit bigger but has a great feel in the hands and a very solid/protection feel. - I have very small hands and this has been the most comfortable grip for me. - and fits in the should fit in the Dilex Holster

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I just received the Cruzerlite circuit style from Amazon. It fits the ballistic nylon Turbo just fine - I was surprised. If you like the looks, go get one.

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
How is the Incipio Dual Pro big? You must have small hands...I have a red/black Dual Pro for my Turbo..it is fits great and to me, for a dual layer case, it is quite thin. It protects very well. I dropped the Turbo in my garage, while the Dual Pro was on...the Turbo was fine and the case had no scuffs or scratches.
Don't take things personally. It is my opinion. I'm sure the incipio case will provide really good protection. I still have it on my phone, but it does tend to be slippery. The seidio surface case has a unique feel that is easier to hold in my opinion.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I never take things personally. I just get tired of people talking negative without anything to back it up. Giving everyone the impression that the Dual Pro is big. Just comment about how YOU think it is big and let people make their own decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Seidio rep on the phone today estimated about 3-4 weeks from now for their Droid Turbo cases, but said that it's not set in stone - I'll add an edit to my original post. He also said he was unsure if it (EDIT: I meant 'they': both the Surface and Dilex Pro) would fit the BN version as he didn't know about the two versions. He said they'll see if they can test it before it hits the market - I *strongly encouraged* for them to do so. So take it for what it's worth.

cactusleon

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
i ended up getting the speck case today, tried it out in the store, fits great and i didnt realize that the lines on the case werent just an ugly design and were rubberized for more grip, love the case so far

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Seidio rep on the phone today estimated about 3-4 weeks from now for their Droid Turbo cases, but said that it's not set in stone - I'll add an edit to my original post. He also said he was unsure if it (EDIT: I meant 'they': both the Surface and Dilex Pro) would fit the BN version as he didn't know about the two versions. He said they'll see if they can test it before it hits the market - I *strongly encouraged* for them to do so. So take it for what it's worth.

I'm looking forward to these coming out. I had a Surface case on my RMHD and loved it. I really hope they fit the BN Turbo.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The seidio surface case has a unique feel that is easier to hold in my opinion.

Yes. It's hard to explain, but the Seidio Surface has a very different feel, It's smooth, lint free, but has a sure hold feel that's better than the TPU cases. It's kind of like how the back of the Black MGF Turbo feels where it's smooth yet textile in your hands, but with even better in hand secure feeling. Also very minimalistic. And consider the holster. It's also hard to explain how easy it is to access and re-holster if you go to your phone frequently.

swelljibes

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
zagato27:

You mention your Droid Turbo fits face-in within the leather holster for the Blackberry Z30. Are you talking about a Kevlar or Ballistic Nylon version of the phone? If you have a Kevlar then the BN version would be even tighter... Do you think the BN would fit, too...?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i ended up getting the speck case today, tried it out in the store, fits great and i didnt realize that the lines on the case werent just an ugly design and were rubberized for more grip, love the case so far

I had that one for my Maxx and under the circumstances it was a nice case for my tastes (the circuumstances being that there weren't a lot of options for the Maxx either). While it isn't bulky by any means, I still prefer the slimmer silicone skin type covers as my every day "case." Then I usually have a more rugged case for the gym or stuff like that. Then others because I'm a dork like that.

Anyway, yes, the Speck is a nice hybrid type case, and for that type very slim. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Rhyno81

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
You've got the ballistic nylon, correct? Please post back about the dimpled inner surface of the back of the inside of the case and whether or not that messes with or otherwise affects the Turbo's nylon backing.

I see no reason to not buy this case. The complaint regarding the bumps is nothing to be concerned about. It looks like the nylon gets pressed flatter where the bumps press on it and being flat they are slightly more reflective. If it wasn't for that you wouldn't see them at all. I had the case off temporarily while I put on a screen protector and while I was pushing around on the screen getting the protector on, the nylon getting pressed against my desk got rid of any sign the case had been on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463