DROID TURBO: Cases

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the black MGF and like the feeling of it. Problem is I find myself sitting it screen down a lot. Has anyone came out with one that's just a bumper? If not, I'll probably pick up one of the cheap tpu ones.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my Turbo BN yesterday. Should be here tomorrow!

I just ordered the Tudia BN case. If anyone is looking for this case buy it off eBay. It's $9.90 on eBay with free shipping versus $7.99 + $4.45 shipping ($12.44) on Amazon. Same company selling it on both.

Now I just need to find a screen protector. Sucks Spigen doesn't make one.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my Turbo BN yesterday. Should be here tomorrow!

I just ordered the Tudia BN case. If anyone is looking for this case buy it off eBay. It's $9.90 on eBay with free shipping versus $7.99 + $4.45 shipping ($12.44) on Amazon. Same company selling it on both.

Now I just need to find a screen protector. Sucks Spigen doesn't make one.

I ordered the tempered glass screen protector from xtremeguard for like $6. It hasn't arrived yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Sent via Turbo!

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
The Seidio website now has the Surface case and Holster listed as available and shipping now.
I emailed them to see if it would fit the BN Turbo but no response yet.

SEIDIO | Motorola Droid Turbo Accessories

Thanks for the heads-up! Yup, certainly much faster than what they told me about availability being 'sometime' in Jan. I've also asked about BN fit and haven't heard anything either.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the tempered glass screen protector from xtremeguard for like $6. It hasn't arrived yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Sent via Turbo!

Yea, I decided to go with Mr. Shield screen protector on Amazon. It's has 4.6/5 stars. Though it's only 23 reviews. It's $6 for a 3 pack.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up! Yup, certainly much faster than what they told me about availability being 'sometime' in Jan. I've also asked about BN fit and haven't heard anything either.

So I just had a chat on Seidio's website to ask about the BN fit with the Surface. They are testing it. Should be an update by early next week.... I guess it takes a few days to try and slide a phone into it to see if it fits?

Hello, thank you for visiting Seidio Online! How can I help you?
me: Does the surface case for the Droid Turbo fit the ballistic nylon version?
Just a moment...
Austin: The product team is testing it with that particular model at this time.
me: any idea when the testing will be done? I can wait...
Austin: They should have an update early next week.
me: ok. thanks.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hate to say this but I don't think it'll work. The surface case is a pretty slim fit already.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hate to say this but I don't think it'll work. The surface case is a pretty slim fit already.

I agree. I had the Surface case on my HTC DNA. Loved the case, been waiting for Seidio to release the case for the Turbo. Oh well, looks like Diztronic it is... Once it comes out for the Turbo.

cactusleon

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
i just also bought the puregear case that is on ebay, clear back, black around the edges, fits like a glove, even tho i was told by the seller it wouldnt fit the BN, even has a little raised square for the droid 64gb logo, i only wish the outer ring was almost like a rubberized or siliconeish material, but if i need my phone in a more heavy duty environment i will slip on the speck case, but im loving the puregear so far

swelljibes

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Per recommendations above I ordered and just received my Blackberry Z30 leather holster. I have the ballistic nylon version of the Droid Turbo and inserting it (in its naked state) is certainly one tight fit. As described, though... if the phone is inserted with the screen facing inwards, one can get it in and out.

NOTE: Inserting the phone into the holster is easy. However, learning to remove the phone easily from the holster (without resorting to vigorous "cajoling") requires finding the sweet spot/exact right motion, otherwise it's quite difficult. I'm hopeful that over time, after a certain break-in period, the holster materials will relax just a tad... enough to reduce this early "snugness" to almost nonexistence.

Otherwise, (subjectively) the holster seems quite handsome and very well made... with a strong magnetic flap over the top to hold the phone in the holster and a very adjustable belt clip that rotates a full 360 degrees (with 24 detents... every 15 degrees). Purists won't like the Blackberry logo embossed vertically on the front face of the holster, but although present, it's not terribly visible.
Blackberry Z30 holster for Droid Turbo.jpg

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Per recommendations above I ordered and just received my Blackberry Z30 leather holster. I have the ballistic nylon version of the Droid Turbo and inserting it (in its naked state) is certainly one tight fit. As described, though... if the phone is inserted with the screen facing inwards, one can get it in and out.

NOTE: Inserting the phone into the holster is easy. However, learning to remove the phone easily from the holster (without resorting to vigorous "cajoling") requires finding the sweet spot/exact right motion, otherwise it's quite difficult. I'm hopeful that over time, after a certain break-in period, the holster materials will relax just a tad... enough to reduce this early "snugness" to almost nonexistence.

Otherwise, (subjectively) the holster seems quite handsome and very well made... with a strong magnetic flap over the top to hold the phone in the holster and a very adjustable belt clip that rotates a full 360 degrees (with 24 detents... every 15 degrees). Purists won't like the Blackberry logo embossed vertically on the front face of the holster, but although present, it's not terribly visible.
View attachment 155865

The holster will loosen up just a tad. Not a bad option until something better comes out.

On a side note I received the Tudia TPU type case today and it's a great fit.

Posted via Turbo

zagato27

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 155865

I believe I gave it a review earlier in the thread. I have the kevlar Turbo and it glides in easily. Yeah, the BN is probaby a tight fit. Kind of surprised that you were able to get it in. Good protection and pretty handy especially if you are using a BT earpiece. My Turbo is naked. I ordered the Tudia clear bumper case and it fits nice but don't think I'll ever use it as I really like the case. At the moment my Turbo is nekked but I do have a 2mil glass cover coming. Hoping that it will still slide in when I get it, if not my Turbo will probably remain nekked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol