DROID TURBO: Cases

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
NOTE: Inserting the phone into the holster is easy. However, learning to remove the phone easily from the holster (without resorting to vigorous "cajoling") requires finding the sweet spot/exact right motion, otherwise it's quite difficult. I'm hopeful that over time, after a certain break-in period, the holster materials will relax just a tad... enough to reduce this early "snugness" to almost nonexistence.

I like this type of slipcase since I just want something when my phone is in in my bag. I do not want to put an attached case since the phone is already pretty bulky.

Currently I am using a slipcase from an iPaq (remember those). But it is a little too wide and a little short. As a result the Turbo slide out too easily. Anyone have an recommendations for other slipcases?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I like this type of slipcase since I just want something when my phone is in in my bag. I do not want to put an attached case since the phone is already pretty bulky.

Currently I am using a slipcase from an iPaq (remember those). But it is a little too wide and a little short. As a result the Turbo slide out too easily. Anyone have an recommendations for other slipcases?

The Z30 pocket case works as well. The DT is a bit taller than the case but no issues.

Robot Check

515zHXBiYiL.jpg

ahein88

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Tudia case on eBay/Amazon is slimmer than the Tech21 (BN). I bought a phone on swappa which came with the Tech21 case but it is a little chunkier than I wished. I am also waiting to hear about the Diztronic when it comes out...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Tudia case on eBay/Amazon is slimmer than the Tech21 (BN). I bought a phone on swappa which came with the Tech21 case but it is a little chunkier than I wished. I am also waiting to hear about the Diztronic when it comes out...

I got both cases and the Tudia is thinner by quite a bit.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I have one just like this that I originally got for my Razr Maxx HD. Very nice. I have my Droid Maxx stashed away in it now (doesn't fit perfectly but well enough for a drawer.

The one I have is real leather, as this one also states it is:

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid Turbo Vertical Bergamo Slide In Leather Case Pouch with 2 Removable Belt Clips (Fixed and Swivel): Cell Phones & Accessories

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and purchased the Tudia. I will let people know how it compares to the tech21.

It's quite a bit slimmer than the Tech 21. In fact the Tech 21 I have is now in a drawer. But I will get the Diztronic TPU once it's released for the BN version.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could get my hands on a Tech21...

Posted via the Android Central App

Bummer. :(

Do you have the BN model? I stopped using the Tech21 because it pops the corner off when in my pocket since its made for the MG Turbo.

It's quite a bit slimmer than the Tech 21. In fact the Tech 21 I have is now in a drawer. But I will get the Diztronic TPU once it's released for the BN version.
Same. I got Tudia but I'll use Diztronic when available. Always liked Diz.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Which one? The Tough Case? If so, how thick is it? Can you use just the rubber bumper alone?

Sent via Turbo!

It's pretty thin. I tried the Tech 21 at the store and it felt way too wide.

Unfortunately the bumper won't stay on the phone by itself. It needs the back cover to snap on the phone.

Attachments

• 4412.jpg
    4412.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 62

ahein88

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I was offered almost 30 bucks for my used tech21 case (it came with my phone for free on swappa) . Why is it in such high demand? Verizon doesn't even have them in stock. Going to have to run it naked until the Tudia arrives.

charklos

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Got my Tudia in a few days ago. Gotta say, it's a nice case and slimmer than the Speck, and almost as thin as the Case Mate. I definitely suggest it, and am also looking forward to the Diztronic for my BN.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know the BN version is supposed to be different enough to cause differences in the way cases fit, but why are you all so excited about the Tudia case? Personally, I LOVE the way the BN looks (and feels), so why cover that up with a case? The Puregear one covers the back, but at least I can see it. Why get the BN version at all, unless you wanted the extra storage, I suppose. Not hating, just curious

Sent via Turbo!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I know the BN version is supposed to be different enough to cause differences in the way cases fit, but why are you all so excited about the Tudia case? Personally, I LOVE the way the BN looks (and feels), so why cover that up with a case? The Puregear one covers the back, but at least I can see it. Why get the BN version at all, unless you wanted the extra storage, I suppose. Not hating, just curious

Sent via Turbo!

Well, it was a no brainer because it was the only 64GB model. I was getting that extra storage for sure. I think I would have gotten BN anyway, unless I knew about the case issues. Then I may have gone with the metalized glass.

I use the phone without a case at home. Because I only have the black silicone case verizon sells, I have only been using that for the gym and maybe half the time I'm away from home otherwise. If I had a slimmer silicone case, I would likely use it anytime I left the house for normal reasons, as I have with all of my phones.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Added the Speck "Candyshell" (I think it was called) to my growing little case collection today. FANTASTIC case. Very solid grip. For my hands that are dried out, this thing has amazing grip. It gives the feeling the phone will NEVER fall out of my hands. It look like such a cheap and junky case in the box, but what a great feel.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty thin. I tried the Tech 21 at the store and it felt way too wide.

Unfortunately the bumper won't stay on the phone by itself. It needs the back cover to snap on the phone.

The Case Mate is pretty nice but for me I wish the camera/flash cutouts were to exact sizing like Tudia did with their TPU case.

81CIfCt7M9L._SL1500_.jpg

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Added the Speck "Candyshell" (I think it was called) to my growing little case collection today. FANTASTIC case. Very solid grip. For my hands that are dried out, this thing has amazing grip. It gives the feeling the phone will NEVER fall out of my hands. It look like such a cheap and junky case in the box, but what a great feel.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
Yes, it's the Candyshell Grip, and is definitely a quality case that adds unparalleled grip and very good protection, a very solid feel. While thicker than a standard TPU it's not overwhelmingly big.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool