Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Screen has a pinkish tint to it. Anybody else?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
So I was informed by someone else who had this issue about it and turns out I have it too. When looking at a white screen, there's a bit of a pinkish tint almost like screen burn on the phone. Mine is above the capacitive keys, and runs up about a quarter inch above it. The guy that told me about it has it at the top of the screen. Does anybody else have this?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen has a pinkish tint to it. Anybody else?

Just checked a totally white screen and no pink anywhere on screen.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

That's a shame. Finally had my phone all set up and all. Guess I'll be exchanging it for another.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Total bummer. Were you one of the guys with a gap between the cap buttons and the chin?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Total bummer. Were you one of the guys with a gap between the cap buttons and the chin?

Hadn't even heard about that. There's a small gap but it's not noticeably large. Can't get a fingernail in there.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Perfectly white screen here. And a gorgeous one at that.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Hadn't even heard about that. There's a small gap but it's not noticeably large. Can't get a fingernail in there.
A few people have mentioned that the gap isn't on their device but I too have a gap. Its small and the two display units at my Verizon store and my friends have the gap too. No big deal, I'm not exchanging it over what appears normal. Even pictures online appear to have the gap although you won't see the gold color.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
My screen has this, starts from the top and goes down an inch or so. Not very noticeable and depending on viewing angle sometimes it goes away.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I exchanged mine today due to battery draining unusually fast...

New one has noticeable color temp/,brightness difference left to right most noticeable on keyboard. Left looks dark slate gray right looks more tan gray. Defective?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to return mine. On the minimum brightness, everything has a purple or pink tint to it. Nothing is fully black. This is frustrating. On the gallery when I'm view a photo and it isn't full screen, the background is like a bluish color instead of black too. Gotta be an issue.

latinusmaximus

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday and it does have a pinkish/purple tint at the top of the screen that takes up about 1/3 of the screen. Also the phone got really hot while charging I downloaded GSam Battery Monitor and the internal temp got to 113 F. I did a little test and charged it to 100% right before going to sleep and left it off the charger for about 6 hrs and the battery drained 10% while on sleep mode. There is def something up.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So I was informed by someone else who had this issue about it and turns out I have it too. When looking at a white screen, there's a bit of a pinkish tint almost like screen burn on the phone. Mine is above the capacitive keys, and runs up about a quarter inch above it. The guy that told me about it has it at the top of the screen. Does anybody else have this?

I noticed this as well but its not like REALLY PINK its like you look st it and say "is that pinkish? I can't even tell..." So it doesn't bother me. Also, if you turn up your brightness, it goes away.

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday and it does have a pinkish/purple tint at the top of the screen that takes up about 1/3 of the screen. Also the phone got really hot while charging I downloaded GSam Battery Monitor and the internal temp got to 113 F. I did a little test and charged it to 100% right before going to sleep and left it off the charger for about 6 hrs and the battery drained 10% while on sleep mode. There is def something up.

That temperature is normal. Mine did that as well. The engineers knew that would happen.

latinusmaximus

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my wife the same exact phone and hers doesn't over heat and has a crystal clear screen. If I turn up the brightness it is less noticeable but its still not normal. If I'm paying 650 for a phone I expect it to work as designed.