I'm coming from a Galaxy S3. There was a built in flashlight widget so you didn't have to install an app. I can't find this in the Turbo. There was also a setting in the display menu to activate the battery percentage in the top line tray. I know the battery percentage is displayed in the Command Center, but I really liked it at the top. Has anyone found a way to enable this? Maybe these were Samsung specific. Thanks!
    11-02-2014 01:19 AM
    The best I can tell you is to download the tesla flashlight. It's the only one that doesn't ask for permissions.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jesta192 likes this.
    11-02-2014 01:50 AM
    I'm coming from a Galaxy S3. There was a built in flashlight widget so you didn't have to install an app. I can't find this in the Turbo. There was also a setting in the display menu to activate the battery percentage in the top line tray. I know the battery percentage is displayed in the Command Center, but I really liked it at the top. Has anyone found a way to enable this? Maybe these were Samsung specific. Thanks!
    Two of my fav apps are GSAM battery monitor and Droid light. Should solve your problems.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-02-2014 01:58 AM
    Sorry. Not availability natively on Droid Maxx or Droid Turbo.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uni.flashlight

And

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...amlabs.bbm.pro

Are apps that have these functions you are asking for. I've used them both.
    11-02-2014 01:01 AM

And

I have GSam and Droid Light installed on my Turbo and both work fine.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-02-2014 01:07 AM

And

You might want to look at the permissions for that Flash light your using . Why does it need full access to the network ? The answer is because it doesn't . Use TeslaLed or Droidlight . ( Look at the permissions folks for apps before installing ) .
    11-02-2014 06:02 AM
    I'm pretty sure that lollipop is going to have a flashlight toggle on the settings screen when it comes out. Hopefully it will also support native battery percentage. I've never understood why stock android would hide that.
    Davidoo likes this.
    11-02-2014 07:20 AM
    I just use the settings extensions app. It gives you the quick setting in your notifications bar, has a flashlight, and automatically adds a battery percentage in the top left that you can see with the phone in sleep mode
    11-02-2014 07:25 AM
    Thanks for all the great answers. I'll definitely use one of the flashlight apps without all the crazy permissions. Looking forward to L. I don't add any apps that aren't necessary.
    11-02-2014 11:34 AM
    For the flashlight, and a lot more, I use Power Toggles. Great app with all the switches you can imagine. You can define them in a widget or in your notification bar.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-02-2014 11:44 AM
    I've always just used the Motorola flashlight...
    11-02-2014 01:45 PM
    There is a terminal emulator command to turn on stock battery percent.

Or use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid4batpercent
    11-02-2014 04:12 PM
    +1 to Power Toggles.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-02-2014 06:46 PM
    Also, where is the Task Manager? I asked this in one of the stickies at the top of the forum but it appears no one is looking at them much. On my Galaxy S3 you could long press the home button and you could manage/clear your RAM along with some other functions such as default resets. I simply can't find this at all now. Anyone found it?
    11-02-2014 08:00 PM
    There's really no reason to clean RAM on a modern Android phone (I believe all it does is eat up as much RAM as possible, squeezing other apps out of RAM). Android should have no trouble managing your RAM with this much available to it.

If you want to close a single app, it is sufficient to swipe it away on the Recent Apps menu.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-02-2014 08:08 PM
    This ^^^^^

11-02-2014 08:18 PM
    It's in the clock on the home screen.
    11-03-2014 08:49 AM
    It's in the clock on the home screen.
    I don't see the flashlight, battery percentage or task manager in the clock on the home screen. I assume you are talking about the round clock that is called the Command center. Please let me know what you found as I can't find it.
    11-03-2014 04:54 PM
    I don't see the flashlight, battery percentage or task manager in the clock on the home screen. I assume you are talking about the round clock that is called the Command center. Please let me know what you found as I can't find it.
    The battery percentage is at the bottom of the command center. You have to download a flashlight. Motorola has the droid light in the play store. Hope that helps you out.
    11-03-2014 06:05 PM
    The battery percentage is at the bottom of the command center.
    He's looking for a status bar battery percentage. I like having that, too, so I can tell at a glance from the lock screen what the battery % left is without having to unlock the phone, go back home to the default home screen, etc. I use the app GSam with a notification for battery % which works most of the time, but sometimes you get a lot of notifications that the oldest ones slide off the screen.
    11-03-2014 06:24 PM
    One way to see a battery percentage with out unlocking the phone is to use DashClock widget on your lock screen and download the DashClock Battery Extension for it. You will be able to see the percentage right in your lock screen.

Not the same as always there in the notification bar. But it's still pretty convenient when you're picking up your phone.

Sent from my Moto X
    11-03-2014 08:02 PM