Turbo vs Maxx Video Comparison

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I did a video review on the Turbo and thought I'd also do a comparison review to show what's been upgraded from the Maxx.

surfpirate

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Excellent video. I think I am most impressed that it sounded so professional and ....

no wait .... I am most impressed that it was done at 2:20AM in the FREAKIN' MORNING!! :D

Well done.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Very good comparison. One small detail though, the Maxx did get a red version so there's two colors available.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Excellent video. I think I am most impressed that it sounded so professional and ....

no wait .... I am most impressed that it was done at 2:20AM in the FREAKIN' MORNING!! :D

Well done.

Thanks. LOL. Well, there was the time change last night so I figured I had an extra hour. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Great video. The epocrates demo was a key difference.

A few niggles: It's true that the Maxx was announced in July 2013, but it wasn't released until late August. Also, the Maxx was released as a 32 GB storage phone, but the new gray and red options are now 16 GB only - the 32 GB version is no longer available. Also, until the OTA that was just released to add VoLTE to the Maxx, passing your hand over the display of the Maxx did, in fact, turn on active display as well. We lost that feature with the OTA last week (I'm sure that was an inadvertent bug.)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Great video. The epocrates demo was a key difference.

A few niggles: It's true that the Maxx was announced in July 2013, but it wasn't released until late August. Also, the Maxx was released as a 32 GB storage phone, but the new gray and red options are now 16 GB only - the 32 GB version is no longer available. Also, until the OTA that was just released to add VoLTE to the Maxx, passing your hand over the display of the Maxx did, in fact, turn on active display as well. We lost that feature with the OTA last week (I'm sure that was an inadvertent bug.)

The maxx had the wave over feature? I don't remember that. I'd have been using it all the time if I knew it was there.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The maxx had the wave over feature? I don't remember that. I'd have been using it all the time if I knew it was there.

Only when the phone was laying horizontal. If you waved your hand over the prox sensor top left, if the display was dark, active display would immediately show. You couldn't dismiss a call that way, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22