What does 15 minutes of charging really give you?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
If I'm attempting to get the phone to 1% I think I could take it. Casual use to 1% might be a different story.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hi Snareman! Glad to hear you're still alive! How's the casual use going so far ?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
When the battery is low, the Turbo Charger chargers faster, then levels off to normal, then trickles towards the end. It isn't consistent.

Last edited:

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've beat it down to 74% since 6am. About 6h now.

Posted via the Android Central App

That sounds like more of a gentle nudge than a beat down. :)

Keep us updated and make sure to have a buddy when you get under 30%

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
When the battery is low, the Turbo Charger chargers faster, then levels off to normal, then trickles towards the end. It isn't consistent.

True! At least according to the folks who actually made the phone. I bet they took the plastic off :p

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So today I got my phone down to 25% (that's really low for one day's worth of use coming from the Maxx). I again charged for 15min and it again went up 1%/min to 40%. Maybe I need to get it all the way down to 1% to take true advantage of the turbo charger. Its still a lot faster than my Maxx charged at least

jd254

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just drained my Galaxy S5 and charged it for 15 mins using the stock charger. I was able to get 18% battery life.

Let's see if the S5 can match the Moto's advertised 8 hours with me just texting and checking my work emails. (I get a lot of work emails)

I'll report back at the end of the work day.

Can someone else run the same test on their Droid Turbo?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
As noted above I only got it down to 25 percent but it charged at 1% per minute. Certainly not going to get 8 hours of use out of 15%

jd254

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that. I just want to know how the two phones stack up against each other.

Also, if I put my phone into ultra power saving mode, I'll get 2 days of standby time. 8 hours won't be a problem.

jd254

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just drained my Galaxy S5 and charged it for 15 mins using the stock charger. I was able to get 18% battery life.

Let's see if the S5 can match the Moto's advertised 8 hours with me just texting and checking my work emails. (I get a lot of work emails)

I'll report back at the end of the work day.

Can someone else run the same test on their Droid Turbo?

results: 15 min charge from 0 equates to 18% battery life = five hours of light texting, craigslist, and email

from 0%, it takes 1 hour and 44 mins to get a full charge.

I would like to see a comparison against the Droid Turbo

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
As noted above I only got it down to 25 percent but it charged at 1% per minute. Certainly not going to get 8 hours of use out of 15%

Actually, if their claim that the battery lasts for 2 days (48 hours) is true, then coming from a 100% charge that's 0.48 hours per 1% (28.8 minutes). By that logic, in order to last 8 hours, you'd need 16.67% battery. That's not that far off if you said it was charging at 1%/min...

Now, real world test may prove or disprove this, but I've been finding that with *moderate* use and a decent signal strength, I am getting close to 48 hours per change. The problem is that in reality, we sometimes need to use our phones a lot more than "moderately" and in areas where the signal may be crap...in which case you're not going to get anywhere near that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12