DROID Turbo / IR Sensor

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently at a Verizon store buying the Droid Turbo and will waiting in line I wonder how many IR sensors are present on this phone. Seems like it's only one at the very top by the front facing camera. Will swiping my hand by the bottom of the phone does nothing and only when swiping around the top of the phone does actually active the display. Any takes on this? So I'm assuming the function of turning the screen off if not looking at it doesn't matter in this phone since the battery is huge...!

shamo316

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
there is actually 4 ir sensors. 1 on each corner of the droid turbo. go to a dark room and tilt it side to side and youll see some of them

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
there is actually 4 ir sensors. 1 on each corner of the droid turbo. go to a dark room and tilt it side to side and youll see some of them

I really need to be enlightened. I just try on a dark room, looking thru the camera of my Moto X at the Turbo and there is only one light in up... What I'm missing, cause at the display unit Moto X (14) at the Verizon store I could swipe my hand by the bottom part and the screen will turn on... not with the Turbo!

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I really need to be enlightened. I just try on a dark room, looking thru the camera of my Moto X at the Turbo and there is only one light in up... What I'm missing, cause at the display unit Moto X (14) at the Verizon store I could swipe my hand by the bottom part and the screen will turn on... not with the Turbo!

It does have 4 sensors. Mine lights up with pretty much any movement nearby.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed something, actually. In a slightly dim, sunlit room, I can actually see 3 IR sensors turn on if I hold the phone and don't move. One on each bottom corner and one in the top right corner, all glowing very dim red. Then, they all go out after a second. At the first slight movement, they come on again, and if there's more movement, the Moto Active Display comes on.

What shocks me is I JUST noticed the dimly lit sensors now, after over 2 weeks with the phone. Does anyone else see the IR sensors come on?

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed something, actually. In a slightly dim, sunlit room, I can actually see 3 IR sensors turn on if I hold the phone and don't move. One on each bottom corner and one in the top right corner, all glowing very dim red. Then, they all go out after a second. At the first slight movement, they come on again, and if there's more movement, the Moto Active Display comes on.

What shocks me is I JUST noticed the dimly lit sensors now, after over 2 weeks with the phone. Does anyone else see the IR sensors come on?
All the time :)

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca