12-17-2014 10:07 AM
31 12
tools
    I had the always listening on with my turbo and it was crazy always popping on like the phrase was said. it was even coming on with the radio playing I had to disable the launch phrase of the Moto app. It was a disappointment cause I liked that feature on the phone.
    12-14-2014 01:17 PM
    Yes, the active display coming on during driving is super annoying esp if there is no notification. It forces you to look at it, thats what bugs me.

What I found out is that if you keep it FLAT it blinks repeatedly BUT if you keep it SEMI UPRIGHT it doesnt get activated at all. So I currently keep it in my cupholder, actually fits perfect, only activated when its supposed too. I am thinking about getting one of the phone holders that attach to the ac vents. Some thing minimalist...
    I have one that goes in the CD player, the display is active a lot in that, both portrait and landscape. I haven't tried upside down yet. I have a vent one somewhere, but wouldn't see it being much different.

One work around I'm still playing with is keeping the proximity sensor covered, seems to work so far. If it proves to work, I'm planning on sewing a "cap" for it.

Edit: One important thing, is this trucks the phone into thinking it's in your pocket. Still get notification sounds, but the screen won't light for notifications.
    12-14-2014 01:55 PM
    I had the always listening on with my turbo and it was crazy always popping on like the phrase was said. it was even coming on with the radio playing I had to disable the launch phrase of the Moto app. It was a disappointment cause I liked that feature on the phone.
    Try training with a different phrase, at least 5 syllables. Last year's phone required "ok Google now" for that reason, I believe.
    12-14-2014 07:05 PM
    Moto Display uses two methods to turn on the screen. It uses the phone's accelerometer to tell if you move the device. If you move the device at all, Moto Display will turn on. Only way to stop this is to turn off Moto Display. The other method uses the front IR sensors to detect if you wave your hand in front of the screen. This method can be turned off within Moto Actions. It only "breathes" when you have a notification. It uses the proximity sensor to tell if the phone is in your pocket. It has almost no battery impact, as GSAM will tell you.
    12-17-2014 06:43 AM
    Wait, I thought that moto display still breathes periodically with a clock and unlock icon even if there are no notifications?
    12-17-2014 07:37 AM
    Mine only breathes with a notification. And not even then if I have the top of the phone covered.
    12-17-2014 10:07 AM
31 12