how to make photo albums in gallery

nlatham

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
So my husband just upgraded to the turbo. On his previous Motorola he could make photo albums to seperated his photos in his gallery, we can't seem to figure out how to do that with this one. Any tips?

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Google Photos is also a great app bc it backs all your pics up to the cloud and doesn't require a separate login.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I use quickpic also. Its simple and reliable and free. You can also hide pics and when u do it hides them in the stock gallery.

I dont like having photos backed up to any cloud type server.. I back them up to my laptop and keep a spare flashdrive to save things on i know i want to keep

nlatham

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
So theres no way to do it on the photo gallery itself you have to use another photo app To do it?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So theres no way to do it on the photo gallery itself you have to use another photo app To do it?

Yes you can on the original gallery app, but since it defines galleries based on the folders you store the photos in, you merely have to create new folders on your phone storage.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

kjkosse

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there an answer to the above question? I would like to know where and how I should create the folders to generate new albums. Thanks in advance!

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Is there an answer to the above question? I would like to know where and how I should create the folders to generate new albums. Thanks in advance!
Can be done more than one way but the easy solution is to install Quickpic - it's what the default Gallery should be. Easy as pie to create folders (albums) and to move/arrange content as you wish.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
OP, I understand your frustration. Having just been through this transition myself last week when I upgraded from the RAZR Maxx to the Droid Turbo.

My RAZR Maxx allowed me to create new albums/folders within the gallery and alas.. on the Turbo I cannot (at least after a week of searching/hunting/investigating).

Given your question, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I found the app ES File Explorer (free on Google Play Store) a superb utility. Not only can I create my much needed gallery albums, but I can also manage my internal storage (ringtones, pictures, notification and alarm sounds, etc.). Since the Turbo has no microSD card, ES File Explorer gives me the ability to still have control over the device storage much like I had over the SD card.

Again, I'm sorry its not the inclusive on-the-phone method you were wanting and are used to, and I'm not making any promises, but I really think the ES app will serve you well.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
OP, I understand your frustration. Having just been through this transition myself last week when I upgraded from the RAZR Maxx to the Droid Turbo.

My RAZR Maxx allowed me to create new albums/folders within the gallery and alas.. on the Turbo I cannot (at least after a week of searching/hunting/investigating).

Given your question, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I found the app ES File Explorer (free on Google Play Store) a superb utility. Not only can I create my much needed gallery albums, but I can also manage my internal storage (ringtones, pictures, notification and alarm sounds, etc.). Since the Turbo has no microSD card, ES File Explorer gives me the ability to still have control over the device storage much like I had over the SD card.

Again, I'm sorry its not the inclusive on-the-phone method you were wanting and are used to, and I'm not making any promises, but I really think the ES app will serve you well.
Every Android phone user should have the ES File Explorer on their phone (or tablet), whether the phone comes with its own file management utility or not. It is head and shoulders above anything else I've personally used. In addition to file and folder management, it also allows file searching, and one of my favorite features, is that you can create an APK file from any application on the phone; thus giving you the ability to side load an application from your phone to another device (like an Amazon product without Google Play).

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
In addition to file and folder management, it also allows file searching, and one of my favorite features, is that you can create an APK file from any application on the phone; thus giving you the ability to side load an application from your phone to another device (like an Amazon product without Google Play).

Very true. This is exactly how I was able to side load Firefox onto my Kindle Fire HDX. Since I did that over a year ago, I had forgotten about it. Yet another reason ES is so very useful.

Kenny Acosta

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I'm currently an iPhone user making the switch to Nexus 6 tomorrow. I'm tired of iPhone anyway...this was actually one of my concerns or questions about the Nexus.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but I know that with my other android devices I had you can create new folders and (drag & drop) photos by connecting the USB to a laptop or computer. Through there you would select the device/drive on the My Computer icon (assuming you are using a Windows based computer.) From there you would locate DCIM folder or Photos/Pictures folder, right click to add New Folder and start naming new folder names for the pictures and then drag and drop or copy/paste.

Again this is assuming the Nexus 6/ Motorola allows this option although all other android phones I've owned have allowed it.

Good luck!

SmaugHat

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
uh....so the only way to make a dam photo folder is with an app? I am already so frustrated with the turbo. The Verizon store twit said I had to email my photos one by one from my RAZR. Then he dumped them all into one directory, half on the device and half in the "cloud", which since Verizon gives me cell service at dial up speeds is next to useless.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
uh....so the only way to make a dam photo folder is with an app?

Yes. Thankfully, the turbo is a smartphone that can install and run apps like that quite capably. I'm always confused why people are reluctant to install apps that are better than built in apps. We do it on computers all of the time...

I am already so frustrated with the turbo. The Verizon store twit said I had to email my photos one by one from my RAZR. Then he dumped them all into one directory, half on the device and half in the "cloud", which since Verizon gives me cell service at dial up speeds is next to useless.

I understand your frustration, but that's not the phone's fault. Unfortunately, you were made to work with somebody who should have done better.

The sad thing is that Motorola makes an app that moves things from one android phone to a Motorola phone (Motorola migrate) which could have been installed on the old phone and used to move data to the turbo.

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I never like stock gallery apps. For years I've used "Quickpic" app. Its the best app IMO.

Yea Quickpic been using it for years now. You get access to your online galleries too. No SD slot meant transferring all my photos but with qp they're still there by accessing my Picasa/google plus back ups.

Haven't used this stock gallery much. Seems nice but I don't need it.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yea Quickpic been using it for years now. You get access to your online galleries too. No SD slot meant transferring all my photos but with qp they're still there by accessing my Picasa/google plus back ups.

Haven't used this stock gallery much. Seems nice but I don't need it.

It bears saying again. Quickpic is what the stock app should be.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
ES File Explorer is pretty powerful and awesome. So much you can do with it. I like being able to access my Network hard drive to shuffle files wirelessly to/from phone. Plus you can back up apps, useful for when an app update blows up the app.

I will say that I find the interface to be a bit more confusing than it used to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34