I did while laying in bed this morning. No damage to the Turbo, but my face ain't so pretty no more.

Also, what's the worst drop your Turbo has survived and the damage report?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-03-2014 10:15 AM
    So far, only a 3-4 foot corner drop onto a wood floor when I phat-phingered a camera launch wave. The cat looked on in disgust. Otterbox did its job.

With folks talking about shutter delays, that would be interesting to phat-phinger an ISM and have the camera shoot the shot on the way to your very surprised face. ISM candids for the win

(old fart just can't say selfie - ISM was our original term back in the 90's..... I shot myself)
    Guate2 likes this.
    11-03-2014 10:21 AM
    Well, if you would stop blowing your phone...
    11-03-2014 10:49 AM
    Camachinist, that would be interesting. I'm gonna put some goggles on and try it!

PS. Biggest drop for me was 4 feet off night stand screen first into a power strip. Not a scratch, but I did almost pass out since I had literally just got the phone all set up.

11-03-2014 10:50 AM
    That would be interesting. I'm gonna put some goggles on and try it!

PS. Biggest drop for me was 4 feet off night stand screen first into a power strip. Not a scratch, but I did almost pass out since I had literally just got the phone all set up.

Are you using a case?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 10:52 AM
    OP, you do mean our face, and not the phone's?

I've done that occasionally with my Maxx while watching something in bed, I'd be fallin out and get woken up by a smack in the face from my Droid Maxx.
    11-03-2014 10:52 AM
    Naked 5 foot drop onto ceramic tile about an hour and a half ago.

Droid shook it off and never even stopped playing music. *swoon*

Have you dropped the Turbo on your face?-img_20141103_104238.jpgHave you dropped the Turbo on your face?-img_20141103_104432.jpg
    11-03-2014 10:53 AM

I've done that occasionally with my Maxx while watching something in bed, I'd be fallin out and get woken up by a smack in the face from my Droid Maxx.
    Hit you like a brick?
    11-03-2014 10:54 AM
    Hit you like a brick?
    I saw loony toon stars.
    11-03-2014 11:03 AM

Exactly. Not my proudest moment, but you all are like family

Masheen likes this.
    11-03-2014 12:34 PM
    Are you using a case?

#Naked4Me

My face probably wouldn't hurt so much if it had TPU plastic around it though.

Masheen likes this.
    11-03-2014 12:35 PM
    #Naked4Me

Birthday suit as well for me. Motorola's line of phones are unique in design in which they provide premium quality materials that allow us to use their devices without a case, more so than any other device on the market besides the ultra rugged construction phones. The phone by nature is water resistant up to 20 minutes of exposure in a downpour. The soft-touch paint around the frame provides an extraordinary grip and feel. Yes the BN is slippery, but only the actual material on the back, which is irrelevant to holding the phone because you hold it from the sides.
    11-03-2014 12:41 PM
    Be careful with your naked phones ! .
    11-03-2014 12:43 PM
    Birthday suit as well for me. Motorola's line of phones are unique in design in which they provide premium quality materials that allow us to use their devices without a case, more so than any other device on the market besides the ultra rugged construction phones. The phone by nature is water resistant up to 20 minutes of exposure in a downpour. The soft-touch paint around the frame provides an extraordinary grip and feel. Yes the BN is slippery, but only the actual material on the back, which is irrelevant to holding the phone because you hold it from the sides.
    Truer words were never spoken...er...typed.

Masheen likes this.
    11-03-2014 01:05 PM
    Ahhh... I remember these types of stories in the iPad sections of iMore....

I don't have the Turbo yet, but I've smacked myself with a Note 2, iPad Mini, Droid Maxx, and Lumia 1520. Bigger device just ain't that easy to hold when laying in bed...
    11-04-2014 04:57 AM
    Only a matter of time, but not too worried, this thing is lighter than my DROID 4.

11-04-2014 05:20 AM
    Ahhh... I remember these types of stories in the iPad sections of iMore....

I don't have the Turbo yet, but I've smacked myself with a Note 2, iPad Mini, Droid Maxx, and Lumia 1520. Bigger device just ain't that easy to hold when laying in bed...
    Ouch, a large apple on the head is never a fun thing!

11-04-2014 06:18 AM
    Only a matter of time, but not too worried, this thing is lighter than my DROID 4.

True dat, my dad's Droid 4 came with a backpack for when his arms got tired.

11-04-2014 06:20 AM
    Just today I had it on top of a 6" 4 high from a pallet of kings hawwaian straight to ground and it hit a corner on the soft black plastic unoticable dent no case at all pictures will be up of proof
    01-18-2015 10:03 PM
    Nope, not yet and most likely never. I did expose it to Pepsi though which killed the speaker.

Diztronic case and no screen protector. Best way to go even though I worry about micro scratches. I just hate every tempered glass protector out there including iVoler and Xtreme.
    01-18-2015 10:30 PM
    Dropped mine while getting out of my car onto pavement. Screen protector scratched but no damage to the phone. Also have dropped mine numerous times from my nightstand while trying to turn off the alarm. Dropped onto hard wood flooring without issue too.
    01-20-2015 12:36 PM