Nylon looks great, but very slippery. Don't try to put it down. Even just holding in my hand while typing it slips around. I don't want a case.

Native email. Horrible. No conversation setting, etc. It's like it was a year and a few updates back. Not to mention that I can't get it to work. Exact same settings for IMAP like I have on my Maxx, but here it won't send.

Many of my apps that worked on my Maxx won't work on the Turbo.

People import via backup assistant pretty much screwed up all my contacts.
    No car cradle.

All in all a great piece of Hardware needing 5.0 really bad.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Dojam likes this.
    11-03-2014 11:21 AM
    If you still have your old device, you should delete the contacts (on the Turbo) and try something different to import them over. I'm pretty sure I used the Motorola Migrate app to move my phone contacts from my HTC Rezound to my 2013 Moto X. No complaints.

Sent from my Moto X
    11-03-2014 12:35 PM
    Good thoughts. Did you take the plastic off the screen?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    Masheen likes this.
    11-03-2014 12:39 PM
    If you still have your old device, you should delete the contacts and try something different to import them over. I'm pretty sure I used the Motorola Migrate app to move my phone contacts from my HTC Rezound to my 2013 Moto X. No complaints.

Sent from my Moto X
    I also tried migrate but it was just as bad. Worst part was that because of the strange import I had to go in and re-sync all text phone numbers with the names, same with calls and v-mail. When I started a new text it didn't associate itself with the existing thread.

11-03-2014 02:50 PM
    Good thoughts. Did you take the plastic off the screen?

I don't notice any plastic?.?

11-03-2014 02:51 PM
    I also tried migrate but it was just as bad. Worst part was that because of the strange import I had to go in and re-sync all text phone numbers with the names, same with calls and v-mail. When I started a new text it didn't associate itself with the existing thread.

What kind of phone are you coming from? When I switched between HTC phones, everything was great, but going to a different manufacturer caused some headaches.

I imagine Sense (HTC) and Touch Wiz (Samsung) have some unique handling of contacts.

HTC was great at merging contact info from Google/phone sim/Facebook. But that was more of how it DISPLAYED information rather than how it STORED the information.

When I moved my contacts away from my HTC, what looked like one contact could be broken up into 2 or 3 unique entries. The phone number could've been a phone contact and address and email could've been from Google contacts. I used ContactsCleaner and Sync.ME and they reduced the amount of fixing up that I had to do myself.

Sent from my Moto X
    11-03-2014 03:02 PM
    I must be easy to please because, so far, the processes have worked just fine; my domain e-mail and Yahoo e-mail were easily set up. I synced the phone to VZW's backup thingie to pull the stuff off my old Moto flip-phone and all the contacts appeared to transfer correctly. All in all, other than getting up to speed with the smartphone world, since this is my first one, there's been essentially zero issues. Scary!

Sorry for your experience! Hopefully something else will work better. I know that frustration when stuff doesn't work since I build stuff for a living. Meh...
    11-03-2014 03:30 PM
    Just sync all the contacts via google. I use google exclusively and I switch phones all the time. Never have I had a issue even switching from android to iOS all my contact import flawlessly
    11-03-2014 04:20 PM
    Is there some easy way to move phone contacts over to Google? I make sure any new stuff I put in are Google contacts but stuff that originated from older phones or Outlook might not be backed up to Google.

Sent from my Moto X
    11-03-2014 07:14 PM
    In the People app, hit the overflow menu bottom right. Import/export, Export to storage.

That will create a .vcf file that you can then copy to your computer and import into Google contacts. You'll may (probably?) end up with duplicates, but in Google contacts on a computer https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts there is a button at the top that says "More" - click that, then "Find and merge duplicates". The chages to Google contacts will then sync back down to the phone.

At this point on the phone, in the People app, overflow menu again, contacts to display, and choose just the Google contacts, to get the phone contacts out of the display.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-03-2014 08:29 PM
    Thanks,
    Great advice, I will try.
    To relate to some other posts:
    I am coming from a Droid Maxx. And I too have gone through every Droid("flagship ") phone from the very beginning. This is the first time I have had an issue with the changeover.

Ultimately no biggie, just a nuisance.

On another note, since I was on an unlimited data plan I was prepared to pay full price for the phone.
    The deal they offered in conjunction with going to a 30GB plan and Edge was too good to pass up. Looking at the data use over the last few months the highest use across my 5 numbers I have with them was 20GB. That's with heavy use including watching several movies per week on my way home and the wife living on her iPad air.
    So I walked out with my turbo, keeping my Maxx, paying only around $50.00 for tax and a monthly saving of around $100.00 going forward.

So once I sell my Maxx on eBay (I always sell my old phones on eBay) , all in all not a bad deal.

11-04-2014 04:16 AM
    You can still trade in any working smart phone for another $100 credit. Got any laying around?

PS. I did my trade a day after the Turbo purchase, no problem.

11-04-2014 06:23 AM