Voice & Data Poll

Do you use/need voice and data

• Total voters

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen so many concerns about not being able to use voice & data simultaneously as I have in this forum. So I figured a poll was in order.

It's simple, either you use it or you don't. Not that you might want to someday, but as in you need it now or it's a deal breaker.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Where's the voting buttons?

Yes I am a power user. No I don't use voice/data at the same time and couldn't care less about the Turbo not having it yet.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I voted 'couldn't care less'; that said, if it is available I'll probably use it, mostly when on my earbud and looking up stuff when on jobs or looking at properties. I see it as a convenience rather than a necessity. The phone will end up in an area where VZW's coverage is the main reason I have this phone and consistent 4G coverage will be iffy, hence I won't be expecting any miracles. I've already driven a lot of the canyons to check cell coverage with my old digital and analog phones and there are big gaps. That's how spotty it is.

Anyway, I can see for the multi-tasking power users how this lack, even if short-lived, could be a deal breaker. People need what they need.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I use both at the same time and miss that functionality dearly. Still got the Turbo because it is such a Beast with this one pretty major flaw.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I need it when I work remotely and tether and have to listen to a conference call. I get around it by using google voice or skype for those calls for now, but they arent as reliable so Id rather be able to use it as a phone at the same time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I was choosing I'd say yes - I love being able to be on the phone and surfing the net still.

Verizon will roll out VoLTE soon though so no worries.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I need this. I own a micro business. One of the things keeping food on the table is my ability to be reached anywhere at any time and to immediately respond to my clients requests. For me being able to talk to a client using my headset while I access their files is critical. I have to put customer service at the front of the line. Our quick responses is one of the things that keeps our customers coming back.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I use them together, but not daily so waiting for the update that fixes it is no big deal

Posted via the Android Central App