Verizon’s Unveils DROID Turbo Employee Edition

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
People are saying that the kevlar is grippier. I didn't think so when I was feeling them. I love the nylon and haven't even considered putting a case on this bad boy.

With that being said this looks sharp. What a bargain for a VZW worker! It'd be a steal if they could use the $100 promotion.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that it comes with the Red Ring of Death pre-installed. Anybody who has played Xbox 360 knows this is a very bad omen!

;)

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

CarolinaDroid

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
When I picked mine up on Thursday, a couple of the sales guys were telling me about this and they were all saying they were waiting for it.

Think they said they had to wait until the week of Nov 17th.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
People are saying that the kevlar is grippier. I didn't think so when I was feeling them. I love the nylon and haven't even considered putting a case on this bad boy.

With that being said this looks sharp. What a bargain for a VZW worker! It'd be a steal if they could use the $100 promotion.

I think the kevlar is grippier too, but it's still smooth. The nylon definitely has a better texture to it. However, this looks like neither.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
After spending a couple hours in the corporate store and talking candidly with some of the nice VZW reps, this might be the only good thing about their jobs :(

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
By far the best looking Turbo variant imo. And why must they tease us and list it on their online store if it's only for employees?!? JERKS! :(

Rob

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I think the Kevlar has more grip to it. The phone looks sharp although I don't like the red ring around the camera. I prefer the chrome. I would like the limited edition logo on mine though lol.

surfpirate

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't specify whether it is 32GB or 64GB (or if it did I missed it). My guess is 32GB, which is a shame, because otherwise I might see if I could pull my "Verizon Retiree" card out and convince them to let me have one.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't specify whether it is 32GB or 64GB (or if it did I missed it). My guess is 32GB, which is a shame, because otherwise I might see if I could pull my "Verizon Retiree" card out and convince them to let me have one.

Guess you missed this comment on that website .

Paul • 4 hours ago

I heard about this on Saturday when I went in to buy my Droid Turbo, the employee who was ringing me up was telling me all about his employee exclusive Droid Turbo he ordered that had 64 GB storage and had special red ring around the camera and the power button and volume rocker were also red. He was very excited for it to come in but had not received it yet.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that it comes with the Red Ring of Death pre-installed. Anybody who has played Xbox 360 knows this is a very bad omen!

;)

Aaugh! I was looking that red accent, until you bright this up.

Talking through tapping

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If its 64GB then I need to reach out to my Verizon friend and see about this, or better yet, Moto, just make it an option so I can get it on contract.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
One big plus - if many of the employees have the phone, any problems might get fixed earlier. And they should be more knowledgeable about the product. Actually I guess that is two pluses.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
This is why I'm going to wait to purchase a Turbo, it just seems like a poorly rolled out Verizon Beta test. Too many issues and the 64 only available in BN is a big fail. Hopefully a body like this will become available to the public soon enough. I figure in the spring sometime they'll have worked out the bugs, release a few new models to compete with the new wave of phones to keep the interest up. This thread shows me they're already thinking ahead after pushing out the current batch to increase profits at the expense of all the bugs that were never worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678