11-16-2014 10:22 AM
47 12
tools
    My wife got the VZW glass on her Turbo. Definitely is not custom fit to the Turbo. The dimensions plus unused cutouts at top scream I'm a generic protector and we just change the sticker on the box for whatever phone we want to sell it for. Other than that, it's very nice. Will wait for someone to do one that's specific to the Turbo and replace it.
    11-05-2014 07:30 AM
    I tried one. It would not stick to the bottom of the screen. Store rep tried another and same issue. Went back to the regular screen protectors.
    11-05-2014 11:08 AM
    I tried one. It would not stick to the bottom of the screen. Store rep tried another and same issue. Went back to the regular screen protectors.
    I could be wrong but I feel like the glass is sort of like the Note 4 in the sense that its 2D. You can see it lift near the edges and this would make Tempered Glass protectors useless unless it covers only until the curve.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    11-05-2014 03:07 PM
    I have it, although its not custom for this phone, i had no problems with it yet.
    11-11-2014 11:59 AM
    Just threw mine away. Bare naked now. I thought I installed it well, but it was peeling. Whatever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-11-2014 12:45 PM
    After a week with mine, I've been happier with it than I thought I might. I'm still annoyed that it doesn't cover the entire screen and was obviously repurposed from another phone though. The slipperiness of it with my finger seems fairly close to the original screen. I think I might still like one of the true glass ones though. I might also take an option if it comes out to cover the rear, just so I can get a little more grippiness of it.
    11-11-2014 12:49 PM
    The rep of my Verizon one on and did better than I could. Curious don't like up 100 % but again better than I have since in past.

The one from Verizon stinks. It does protect screen but it doesn't cover whole screen not even close. I am using it to prevent fingerprints and other people's gray fingers from rooming my screen.

I have the Tech 21 case from VZW which covers all the corners I was concerned with scratching up

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    11-11-2014 01:31 PM
    My sister has the Flexible Glass and it feels horrible. Not much of a step up from the cheap plastic protectors in my opinion.

11-12-2014 06:43 PM
    I have the Verizon branded glass still sitting in the box but after reading this thread, I'm not even going to waste my time by installing it. I'll return it and hope Spigen releases one, although their customer service is in the toilet at this point. Good luck trying to get a hold of them for anything.

I find myself checking Amazon once a day to see what's there.

I am sporting the Tech21 case until I find something better.
    11-12-2014 07:36 PM
    I really don't know what you guys are complaining about. I have the screen protector along with the red otter box commuter case on and I love the setup. The case covers the edges perfectly. I don't think the screen protector is supposed to go to the due to the fact it will probably catch something or rub off while putting it in your pocket.
    11-12-2014 10:05 PM
    I really don't know what you guys are complaining about. I have the screen protector along with the red otter box commuter case on and I love the setup. The case covers the edges perfectly. I don't think the screen protector is supposed to go to the due to the fact it will probably catch something or rub off while putting it in your pocket.
    Exactly - they are designed to be "case friendly" so you can use your choice of case. My concern is those who say they have cutouts not designed for the Turbo. I'll take mine out and see how it lines up.

Posted via Turbo.
    11-12-2014 10:38 PM
    Exactly - they are designed to be "case friendly" so you can use your choice of case. My concern is those who say they have cutouts not designed for the Turbo. I'll take mine out and see how it lines up.

Posted via Turbo.
    The protector feels and attracts fingerprints similar to those cheap plastic protectors. The Flexible Glass appears to be nothing more than marketing because its horrible.
    ibcop likes this.
    11-12-2014 11:39 PM
    I have the flexible glass and it feels much better to me than the old plastic ones I've used. It doesn't cover the entire screen perfectly but it covers everything you'd touch pretty much. Fingerprints are less noticeable and it feels a lot smoother overall. I'm going without a case on the ballistic nylon so far and it feels great. Only thing I'd like perhaps is a bumper to just go around the edge of the phone and let me lay it face down if needed.
    11-13-2014 09:46 AM
    The cutouts are designed for the Turbo - they are intended to not block the infrared sensors (it's not obvious unless you look very closely at the areas the cutouts are trying not to block).
    11-13-2014 02:40 PM
    The cutouts are designed for the Turbo - they are intended to not block the infrared sensors (it's not obvious unless you look very closely at the areas the cutouts are trying not to block).
    But it still leaves a large gap at the bottom.

Posted via Turbo.
    11-13-2014 02:49 PM
    But it still leaves a large gap at the bottom.

Posted via Turbo.
    The glass lifts up a bit and would cause Halo effects. Trust me, I saw this on a customers poorly applied protector yesterday. It was ridiculously bad because it was too far over to the right+ down.

11-13-2014 03:17 PM
    I have a Verizon tempered glass screen protector. The edges are higher but do not interfere for me. Nice sharp clear screen.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.
    11-13-2014 05:31 PM
    Not sure why all the H8. I had my flexible glass put on by a vzw rep when I bought my turbo. Was applied perfectly. Its clear, smooth and doesn't feel like anything is there. And yes, I know it doesn't stretch edge to edge; Its supposed to be Case-Friendly.
    Bamzilla likes this.
    11-13-2014 05:55 PM
    Not sure why all the H8. I had my flexible glass put on by a vzw rep when I bought my turbo. Was applied perfectly. Its clear, smooth and doesn't feel like anything is there. And yes, I know it doesn't stretch edge to edge; Its supposed to be Case-Friendly.
    I've used real Tempered Glass and maybe due to that I find this to be cheap. The fingerprints attract easily and smear like its plastic.

11-13-2014 06:16 PM
    The protector feels and attracts fingerprints similar to those cheap plastic protectors. The Flexible Glass appears to be nothing more than marketing because its horrible.
    I don't know why people keep saying it attracts fingerprints. If your hands are clean and free of grease you shouldn't have a problem. WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE!!
    11-16-2014 07:10 AM
    I don't know why people keep saying it attracts fingerprints. If your hands are clean and free of grease you shouldn't have a problem. WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE!!
    So you wash your hands each and every time before you use your device? I didn't think so.

The Verizon version is simply cheaply made and for what they charge for it one would think you're getting good stuff. I've used Spigen Glas.t Nano and Zagg Glass on my devices in the past and currently have a Zagg on my S5 - the difference is clear (no pun intended) which one of them is the better product. If Spigen or Zagg release a glass for the Turbo, do yourself a favor and get one. You'll see the difference.
    11-16-2014 08:51 AM
    Even after washing my hands its horrible. I've used premium Tempered Glass protectors that are much better that have a comparable price and better warranty. The Flexible Glass from Verizon doesn't even feel like glass but I'm sure it'll crack like glass.

The Verizon Tempered Glass feels superior to their Flex Glass but unfortunately they didn't make that one for the turbo.

For the record I never touch any of my electronics with dirty hands. I won't even touch them while I eat because I wash my hands to keep grease off.
    11-16-2014 10:22 AM
47 12