Anyone have the Verizon flexible glass screen protector?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you get and put one of the Verizon ones on? This is my first experience with one of these. Is it easy to get off without scratching the phone?

The feel of it is surprisingly not bad. It actually feels pretty close to the way the screen did.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you get and put one of the Verizon ones on? This is my first experience with one of these. Is it easy to get off without scratching the phone?

The feel of it is surprisingly not bad. It actually feels pretty close to the way the screen did.
You can peel the corner up with your fingernail or use something like a business card to lift it off if you choose to do so.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Depends in the brand. iLoome and Zagg Glass were always better IMO.

I have a Zagg Glass on my S5 and oh heck it shows fingerprints! I've had better results with Spigen. Spigen makes great cases and Glass but hope to heck you don't need customer service or a return.

stevenmh72

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife got the VZW glass on her Turbo. Definitely is not custom fit to the Turbo. The dimensions plus unused cutouts at top scream I'm a generic protector and we just change the sticker on the box for whatever phone we want to sell it for. Other than that, it's very nice. Will wait for someone to do one that's specific to the Turbo and replace it.

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried one. It would not stick to the bottom of the screen. Store rep tried another and same issue. Went back to the regular screen protectors.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried one. It would not stick to the bottom of the screen. Store rep tried another and same issue. Went back to the regular screen protectors.
I could be wrong but I feel like the glass is sort of like the Note 4 in the sense that its 2D. You can see it lift near the edges and this would make Tempered Glass protectors useless unless it covers only until the curve.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
After a week with mine, I've been happier with it than I thought I might. I'm still annoyed that it doesn't cover the entire screen and was obviously repurposed from another phone though. The slipperiness of it with my finger seems fairly close to the original screen. I think I might still like one of the true glass ones though. I might also take an option if it comes out to cover the rear, just so I can get a little more grippiness of it.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The rep of my Verizon one on and did better than I could. Curious don't like up 100 % but again better than I have since in past.

The one from Verizon stinks. It does protect screen but it doesn't cover whole screen not even close. I am using it to prevent fingerprints and other people's gray fingers from rooming my screen.

I have the Tech 21 case from VZW which covers all the corners I was concerned with scratching up

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My sister has the Flexible Glass and it feels horrible. Not much of a step up from the cheap plastic protectors in my opinion.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon branded glass still sitting in the box but after reading this thread, I'm not even going to waste my time by installing it. I'll return it and hope Spigen releases one, although their customer service is in the toilet at this point. Good luck trying to get a hold of them for anything.

I find myself checking Amazon once a day to see what's there. :D

I am sporting the Tech21 case until I find something better.

tpmikey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know what you guys are complaining about. I have the screen protector along with the red otter box commuter case on and I love the setup. The case covers the edges perfectly. I don't think the screen protector is supposed to go to the due to the fact it will probably catch something or rub off while putting it in your pocket.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I really don't know what you guys are complaining about. I have the screen protector along with the red otter box commuter case on and I love the setup. The case covers the edges perfectly. I don't think the screen protector is supposed to go to the due to the fact it will probably catch something or rub off while putting it in your pocket.

Exactly - they are designed to be "case friendly" so you can use your choice of case. My concern is those who say they have cutouts not designed for the Turbo. I'll take mine out and see how it lines up.

Posted via Turbo.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Exactly - they are designed to be "case friendly" so you can use your choice of case. My concern is those who say they have cutouts not designed for the Turbo. I'll take mine out and see how it lines up.

Posted via Turbo.
The protector feels and attracts fingerprints similar to those cheap plastic protectors. The Flexible Glass appears to be nothing more than marketing because its horrible.

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the flexible glass and it feels much better to me than the old plastic ones I've used. It doesn't cover the entire screen perfectly but it covers everything you'd touch pretty much. Fingerprints are less noticeable and it feels a lot smoother overall. I'm going without a case on the ballistic nylon so far and it feels great. Only thing I'd like perhaps is a bumper to just go around the edge of the phone and let me lay it face down if needed.

djlaz18

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The cutouts are designed for the Turbo - they are intended to not block the infrared sensors (it's not obvious unless you look very closely at the areas the cutouts are trying not to block).

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The cutouts are designed for the Turbo - they are intended to not block the infrared sensors (it's not obvious unless you look very closely at the areas the cutouts are trying not to block).

But it still leaves a large gap at the bottom.

Posted via Turbo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781