11-16-2014 09:22 AM
47 12
tools
    Just got mine in the mail. It doesn't even cover the entire screen??? There is about a 0.5cm gap all around the edges. I can see this thing collecting dust there at the edges. I already have a small piece of lint under one of the edges that I can get out and that is going to drive me crazy.
    dungoyle likes this.
    11-03-2014 05:21 PM
    I'm pretty sure most protectors only actually cover the screen and not to the actual edge of the device.

Mine covers the screen fine. (Screen meaning the actual video/image part of the phone)

If you are worried about dust/lint around the edge I'd look for a case that has a lip that covers said parts.
    11-03-2014 05:27 PM
    Just got mine in the mail. It doesn't even cover the entire screen??? There is about a 0.5cm gap all around the edges. I can see this thing collecting dust there at the edges. I already have a small piece of lint under one of the edges that I can get out and that is going to drive me crazy.
    This is a bit discouraging to hear, and I'm darn sure not buying a case so I can cover the screen protector edge. Hopefully, this will not be as distracting for me as for you. I only just ordered mine last night. I carry my phone in a leather hip holster, and intend to keep it naked, minus the screen cover, but if it turns into a lint magnet, I'll just go full commando.

Thanks for the heads up.
    11-03-2014 05:45 PM
    Also, is this rated at a higher hardness than the Gorilla glass or about the same?
    11-03-2014 05:46 PM
    Purchased it. Lasted about an hour and I got annoyed with it. So not using it. Looking for the same screen protector I have on my Sony Z3V. Covers the whole screen and no fingerprint marks

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 05:48 PM
    This is a bit discouraging to hear, and I'm darn sure not buying a case so I can cover the screen protector edge. Hopefully, this will not be as distracting for me as for you. I only just ordered mine last night. I carry my phone in a leather hip holster, and intend to keep it naked, minus the screen cover, but if it turns into a lint magnet, I'll just go full commando.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Mine has not really gathered any lint. Although whenever the sales associate put it on the top right decided not to stick completely. Knowing me it will get to me within a week and it will be ripped off.
    11-03-2014 05:52 PM
    Most of the time the glass won't go edge to edge. They do this so you can use a case with the device - when you put the case on it won't push the glass edges up.
    keegh and chili_red like this.
    11-03-2014 05:55 PM
    Gorilla Glass 3 is very strong. Sand, Concrete, and Diamond are amongst the few surfaces that are able to scratch through the coating. Coins, Keys, Metal Money Clips, Pens, and most other commonly pocketed items will not. I've been rocking no protector since the GN. The Verizon flexible glass protect, however, will prevent your screen from cracking upon dropping it. Depending on how you bought the Turbo, you may have the two year free screen coverage.
    11-03-2014 06:32 PM
    While it's accurate that most screen protectors do not cover 100% of the screen any more, the Verizon flexible glass screen is way off. It leaves bigger gaps than any I've seen.
    11-03-2014 08:16 PM
    Mine goes to the edge but it stops in the middle of the capacitive buttons. It doesn't go all the way to the bottom. That's annoying.
    11-03-2014 09:52 PM
    The GG screen on my Maxx has a relatively large scratch on it that looks like someone wrote the word ON on the screen, and I baby the thing. I'm not all that impressed with GG.
    11-03-2014 10:35 PM
    Ghost Armor has both HD and Matte screen protectors out for Droid Turbo. Have used both on my Maxx and once you go through process they are great. Clear shows fingerprints less than plain screen. Matte shows very little does affect screen brightness. They are cut to fit all of glass.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 11:40 PM
    This is part of the reason I decided to go with a case and no protector this time around. Plus the feel of the protector is not great when compared to the bare glass.
    11-04-2014 12:12 AM
    Perhaps I should have waited and got a 3rd party one like the Ghost Armor since Verizon branded stuff seems to suck, at least as far as screen protectors. The slipperiness of it isn't too bad, but I would like it to cover the entire screen.
    11-04-2014 05:41 AM
    This is part of the reason I decided to go with a case and no protector this time around. Plus the feel of the protector is not great when compared to the bare glass.
    Which case Eclipse?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-04-2014 06:06 AM
    I am waiting for a tempered glass protector before getting a case. I want to see how it is with just the tempered glass. I most likely will put it in a case as needed. Like when I go snowboarding and such.
    11-04-2014 06:11 AM
    I have owned many tempered glass screen protectors in the past and while the Verizon one will work, it isn't my favorite. I don't like the fact that it is flexible, as it means it doesn't feel like glass. It is still a step above a plastic protector, but not the same feel as many 3rd party tempered glass screen protectors. I will be replacing it as soon as some 3rd parties get production going on their screen protectors!
    rxgadget likes this.
    11-04-2014 08:34 AM
    I bought a Skinomi screen protector. The web page sais it wouldn't be available until November 6, but it arrived yesterday. I haven't put it on yet.
    11-04-2014 10:32 AM
    Which case Eclipse?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    You should know by now Fire! Tech21 lol

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    11-04-2014 02:10 PM
    I've been eyeing this. Let us know how it is. Especially if its rubbery or grippy 😈

Posted from my Droid Turbo via the AC App
    11-04-2014 02:47 PM
    Did you get and put one of the Verizon ones on? This is my first experience with one of these. Is it easy to get off without scratching the phone?

The feel of it is surprisingly not bad. It actually feels pretty close to the way the screen did.
    11-04-2014 11:44 PM
    Did you get and put one of the Verizon ones on? This is my first experience with one of these. Is it easy to get off without scratching the phone?

The feel of it is surprisingly not bad. It actually feels pretty close to the way the screen did.
    You can peel the corner up with your fingernail or use something like a business card to lift it off if you choose to do so.

11-05-2014 12:24 AM
    Thanks. Are the solid inflexible glass ones that much better and worth it enough to 'upgrade'?
    11-05-2014 12:38 AM
    Thanks. Are the solid inflexible glass ones that much better and worth it enough to 'upgrade'?
    Depends in the brand. iLoome and Zagg Glass were always better IMO.

11-05-2014 12:40 AM
    Depends in the brand. iLoome and Zagg Glass were always better IMO.

I have a Zagg Glass on my S5 and oh heck it shows fingerprints! I've had better results with Spigen. Spigen makes great cases and Glass but hope to heck you don't need customer service or a return.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-05-2014 05:51 AM
47 12