Loaded handcent, everything seemed to work on day one. Then 2 days later I have no incoming texts. I uninstalled handcent and still no incoming text (outgoing seems to work)

I'm thinking of a soft reset (of there is one) or a hard reset. Called VZ support which elevated it to teir 2, which requires me to call from another phone and I don't know that I want to wait 'till I am at work tomorrow.

Oh, Handcent seemed to ask me to log in which I don't remember seeing before, and didn't remember my login from 2 years ago
    11-03-2014 06:41 PM
    Try a cache partition wipe: Wipe Cache Partition - DROID TURBO by Motorola
    11-04-2014 01:28 AM
    Loaded handcent, everything seemed to work on day one. Then 2 days later I have no incoming texts. I uninstalled handcent and still no incoming text (outgoing seems to work)

I'm thinking of a soft reset (of there is one) or a hard reset. Called VZ support which elevated it to teir 2, which requires me to call from another phone and I don't know that I want to wait 'till I am at work tomorrow.

Oh, Handcent seemed to ask me to log in which I don't remember seeing before, and didn't remember my login from 2 years ago
    Isn't this done by holding power and volume down for like 10seconds?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-04-2014 06:29 AM
    Soft reset didn't help.
    11-04-2014 06:32 AM
    Bummer. Did you try safe mode from recovery screen? Also, did you take the plastic off the screen? I've heard that causes lots of problems.

11-04-2014 06:39 AM
    Soft reset it just a power cycle of the phone. Try the hard reset. Go to settings-->Backup &Reset-->Factory data reset. Or like said above power button and volume down. This will wipe all data on the phone and put it back to out of the box state.
    11-04-2014 06:49 AM
    Soft reset didn't help.
    So did you try the cache partition wipe?
    11-04-2014 10:24 AM
    Bad SIM card. Verizon said something's not registering with billing. Will get new SIM card today. Was able to receive a test image picture from Verizon but not a test text message from Verizon test

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-04-2014 10:43 AM
    Bad SIM card. Verizon said something's not registering with billing. Will get new SIM card today. Was able to receive a test image picture from Verizon but not a test text message from Verizon test

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yay! That was the most painless solution.

11-04-2014 10:45 AM