Motorola/Verizon Support for Droid Maxx

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was planning on getting the Droid Turbo next week and I was just a little concerned about the support behind the phone. I have currently a droid Maxx and I am having problems. Verizon and Moto agreed with me and it was covered under the manufacturers warranty. There was a problem with the speaker phone. This one had 32 gigs not 16 like the new ones that just came out. They were going to replace it with a 16 gig version not the 32gig. I am a little concerned that if this were to happen again I would not have a 64 gig version but a 32 gig version is all i could get in a year from now. My question is is there a way to ensure that I get the same phone that I had before if a problem with the device. I could not find a way to get the same exact phone and no one really provided me with with a good way to go. Lucky, I am able to get a new device shortly so it is not to much of a issue. I was wondering if there is a way to gaurentee that I can get the 64 gb version in a year incase a problem were to arise. If you work for Verizon or went through a similar similar situation I would greatly appreciate your input/advice. Thank you again!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
You ever seen the movie Tommy Boy? They stamp the guarantee right there on the box. Lol

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The truth is that there is no way to know. I don't think that Verizon plans these things this far in advance - they look at how the phone is selling, they look at other products that they carry, and then they decide what they want the Turbo to be - do they drop the 64 GB model to keep the price competitive and the margin acceptable? Or will the Turbo have competitive specs next year in ways that the Maxx did not this year? (Remember that the Maxx was not a top-of-the-line specification phone when it came out, unlike the Turbo is this year.)

You'll just have to make a guess and decide if you can live with the worst case - a replacement 32 GB in a year if the phone dies. Or hope that the fact that the Turbo is speced out well enough and Verizon sells enough of them that Verizon continues to stock 64 GB versions.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Seriously though, as popular as 64GB is and the fact that it cost more... There is very little reason to think you won't get a CLNR 64GB if you need one under warranty. No guarantees it won't come with a little crunchiness tho! Lol

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol