I purchased a Droid Turbo!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I went into my local Verizon store to get a case for my Xperia Z3v and I took a look at the Droid Turbo while I was waiting for an associate and the phone wasn't as hideous as I thought it was. Actually, it looked really nice. So I switched my Z3v (had three days left on the 14 day return policy) and purchased the 64 GB Turbo.

It's an awesome phone. I'm so glad I got it. I don't have a case for it because I don't think it needs one whereas the Xperia Z3v seemed way too fragile.

Time to play around with it!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Would you mind letting us know how it compares to the Z3v?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Oh the Z3v is an excellent phone. It could handle anything I threw at it. The screen was excellent, the front-facing speakers were fantastic, and the waterproofing/dust-resistance was phenomenal. My only two gripes with the Z3v are the lack of cases and how fragile the body is. The back is made of tempered glass and I felt like I was going to break it. I work outside (I'm an archaeologist) and I'm always trevassing (is that a word?) rugged terrain and since there weren't much hard cases to choose from, I was afraid I was going to drop the phone and break it. I think I made the right choice in switching phones.

However, I may get the Lifeproof case for the Turbo just for to ease my mind a little bit.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll tell you one thing.. Had the Sony Z3 compact made its way to Verizon, that would have made my decision much tougher.
I think the reason why so many people are jumping for the Turbo is because they are like me.. They want a power house phone but they dont want a phone they can't fit in their front jeans pocket.
The Z3 compact is the winner and they are selling like hotcakes overseas. Most reviewers say it's better than the Z3.. The Z3V is a good phone but when it made its debut with a Z2 body, the Z2 camera, etc.. it hacked me off... I was cursing those fargin icehole Verizon execs for bastardizing the Z3.
Then the Turbo shows up and I got over my bitterness. ;)
Now i'm just counting down to Nov.13 when my two year contract on this fargin Galaxy S3 expires.
I will walk in the store and hand them a working Epic 4g slider for that discount. hehehehe

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Running joke. Others prefer to keep it on and then complain about the screen. Lol

PS. Thanks for the info on the Z3v. I thought it might be a fragile one.

I kept the original plastic on it until I was sure I wanted to stick with it. Once I was sure I tore that baby off and put on my screen protector.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Running joke. Others prefer to keep it on and then complain about the screen. Lol

PS. Thanks for the info on the Z3v. I thought it might be a fragile one.

Will I ever live this down?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So the battery life on this thing is amazing! I've had it off the charger for fours now and I've been moderately using it and my battery is only down to 90%! And that's with automatic screen brightness.

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll tell you one thing.. Had the Sony Z3 compact made its way to Verizon, that would have made my decision much tougher.
I think the reason why so many people are jumping for the Turbo is because they are like me.. They want a power house phone but they dont want a phone they can't fit in their front jeans pocket.
The Z3 compact is the winner and they are selling like hotcakes overseas. Most reviewers say it's better than the Z3.. The Z3V is a good phone but when it made its debut with a Z2 body, the Z2 camera, etc.. it hacked me off... I was cursing those fargin icehole Verizon execs for bastardizing the Z3.
Then the Turbo shows up and I got over my bitterness. ;)
Now i'm just counting down to Nov.13 when my two year contract on this fargin Galaxy S3 expires.
I will walk in the store and hand them a working Epic 4g slider for that discount. hehehehe

I don't know if I would call it an EPIC 4g slider, I mean it's OK and all ;)

BTW, nice Johnny Dangerously reference. "This gun shoots through schools!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12