Cell phone standby?

LJL2MD

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with " cell phone standby " using an inordinate amount of battery. I was on Wi-Fi for 10+ hours and cell phone standby was still 2nd most battery use at 15%. Should be much smaller amount?

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
15% is not that high for that length of time. Even with Wifi on, the phone still maintains a cellular connection. In low signal areas, it could be even higher for that many hours.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

LJL2MD

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I am in the middle of a large city but seem to have a crap Verizon signal at my home only. All my verizon phones have worked from the remotest places I go in the U.S. Maybe the poor signal here is the issue. I did not have this problem with my Maxx. Thanks.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've heard these newer phones try really hard to maintain a 4g connection. That and this system software needing some fine tuning could be causing the difference between the Maxx.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep, if you have a poor signal it drains the battery faster when the phone needs more power for the antenna to hold a signal. You can tap the cell standby entry in the battery usage list and it will tell you how much of that is from time without a signal. You can also tap the battery graph to see a bar graph that shows the signal you've had over time. Red is bad or no signal.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had the exact same issue with cell standby being disproportionately high. I'm hopeful that a software update down the road will help out.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had the exact same issue with cell standby being disproportionately high. I'm hopeful that a software update down the road will help out.

Same here and it's rather disappointing because it's causing significant battery drain on an otherwise great device.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Automateit and I believe tasked have settings to disconnect the 4g radio when the screen dims(standby). I use it without any reservations.

Smuscles

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Droid Turbo as well. My Cell standby is always with couple % of the screen %. I've never had this problem with my previous 2 phones including the Maxx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781