Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Browsers?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Browsers?

There are lots of browsers, like dolphin, i really couldnt tell ya.

I like using chrome beta, i havent had any issues with it

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried AOL or Compuserve? They used to be the most popular.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

I liked the browser on the old DROID 4 better than this chrome browser.

Alternatives?

Dolphin browser seems to be the only one I've found to reliably load every page I've been to. You can sideload flash player for even more functionality.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried AOL or Compuserve? They used to be the most popular.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
Compuserve. Oh, those were the days. What was the saying? "Compuserve: Everything Sears knows about computing and everything IBM knows about retail."?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I tend to prefer different browsers for different things & one of my favorites does not run on Kitkat. After a good deal of trial, error & research I found the Baidu Browser. Don't let the odd name fool you, it's laid out beautifully, is blazing fast and once you learn it's features, is just very slick - worth a serious look as an alternative. I use Chrome, Baidu & Dolphin Mini - suits my needd.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I really like the cm browser (clean master). Check it out.

I tend to prefer different browsers for different things & one of my favorites does not run on Kitkat. After a good deal of trial, error & research I found the Baidu Browser. Don't let the odd name fool you, it's laid out beautifully, is blazing fast and once you learn it's features, is just very slick - worth a serious look as an alternative. I use Chrome, Baidu & Dolphin Mini - suits my needd.
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I don't really want to install firefox again which was okay, but not exactly a small footprint; but I did want to try something new, and "light on it's feet", and your two recommendations seem to fit that bill based on a little cursory research after reading your posts. I've installed both and will give them a try over the next few weeks.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I don't really want to install firefox again which was okay, but not exactly a small footprint; but I did want to try something new, and "light on it's feet", and your two recommendations seem to fit that bill based on a little cursory research after reading your posts. I've installed both and will give them a try over the next few weeks.
I'd be interested in your thoughts on Baidu - I love the ability to quickly switch in/out of full screen mode and sliding the bottom tool bar to zoom. Using it more & more.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Compuserve. Oh, those were the days. What was the saying? "Compuserve: Everything Sears knows about computing and everything IBM knows about retail."?
Loved that service. But daaamn, expensive! But my 14.4k modem got me on and off in a flash! ;-)

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Dolphin with jetpack has word wrap/text reflow the works on many pages with zoom.

1BlinkGone

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Well, I've been using Firefox for the continuity between my laptop & Smartphone. I just picked up Baidu to mess with after I got my Turbo. Yes, it's speedy...But, I'm going to try CM Browser...mucho props for it that I can't ignore. I suppose I could transfer all my bookmarks to it from FF.

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

I tried the Baidu browser and I like it, it's really nice just as you said. One major issue for me is I'm having trouble with sites that require a login (site/browser has an error when username an password are put in). Have you experienced this or have any setting suggestions?

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz