12-13-2014 08:28 PM
28 12
tools
    I liked the browser on the old DROID 4 better than this chrome browser.

Alternatives?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-04-2014 06:16 AM
    There are lots of browsers, like dolphin, i really couldnt tell ya.

I like using chrome beta, i havent had any issues with it

11-04-2014 06:30 AM
    Have you tried AOL or Compuserve? They used to be the most popular.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    jesta192 and quantum tao like this.
    11-04-2014 07:15 AM
    I discovered this one a while back. Lightweight and fast. Love it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...obile.cb&hl=en
    11-04-2014 07:38 AM
    It seems like every browser destroys battery. Anyone know of a browser that doesn't require as much juice?
    11-04-2014 09:11 AM
    xScope pro and Firefox are the two I use mostly.
    11-04-2014 10:09 AM
    xScope pro and Firefox are the two I use mostly.
    Early returns have me loving the xscope pro. I was definitely open to paying for a Browser. $3 is a small price to pay to avoid ads.

KPMcClave likes this.
    11-04-2014 11:40 AM
    It seems like every browser destroys battery. Anyone know of a browser that doesn't require as much juice?
    I usually close Chrome from the apps tray of I'm not using it. Saves tons of battery.

11-04-2014 11:50 AM
    Early returns have me loving the xscope pro. I was definitely open to paying for a Browser. $3 is a small price to pay to avoid ads.

Exactly.
    11-04-2014 11:58 AM
    I liked the browser on the old DROID 4 better than this chrome browser.

Alternatives?

Dolphin browser seems to be the only one I've found to reliably load every page I've been to. You can sideload flash player for even more functionality.

11-07-2014 05:48 PM
    Have you tried AOL or Compuserve? They used to be the most popular.

Compuserve. Oh, those were the days. What was the saying? "Compuserve: Everything Sears knows about computing and everything IBM knows about retail."?
    11-07-2014 09:13 PM
    I really like the cm browser (clean master). Check it out.
    beeztrain and dungoyle like this.
    11-07-2014 10:03 PM
    I tend to prefer different browsers for different things & one of my favorites does not run on Kitkat. After a good deal of trial, error & research I found the Baidu Browser. Don't let the odd name fool you, it's laid out beautifully, is blazing fast and once you learn it's features, is just very slick - worth a serious look as an alternative. I use Chrome, Baidu & Dolphin Mini - suits my needd.
    dungoyle and VZWsucks like this.
    11-07-2014 10:23 PM
    I tend to prefer different browsers for different things & one of my favorites does not run on Kitkat. After a good deal of trial, error & research I found the Baidu Browser. Don't let the odd name fool you, it's laid out beautifully, is blazing fast and once you learn it's features, is just very slick - worth a serious look as an alternative. I use Chrome, Baidu & Dolphin Mini - suits my needd.
    Thanks for the recommendations guys. I don't really want to install firefox again which was okay, but not exactly a small footprint; but I did want to try something new, and "light on it's feet", and your two recommendations seem to fit that bill based on a little cursory research after reading your posts. I've installed both and will give them a try over the next few weeks.
    11-08-2014 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the recommendations guys. I don't really want to install firefox again which was okay, but not exactly a small footprint; but I did want to try something new, and "light on it's feet", and your two recommendations seem to fit that bill based on a little cursory research after reading your posts. I've installed both and will give them a try over the next few weeks.
    I'd be interested in your thoughts on Baidu - I love the ability to quickly switch in/out of full screen mode and sliding the bottom tool bar to zoom. Using it more & more.
    11-08-2014 05:34 PM
    Compuserve. Oh, those were the days. What was the saying? "Compuserve: Everything Sears knows about computing and everything IBM knows about retail."?
    Loved that service. But daaamn, expensive! But my 14.4k modem got me on and off in a flash! ;-)

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 06:06 PM
    Dolphin with jetpack has word wrap/text reflow the works on many pages with zoom.

11-10-2014 11:21 AM
    I switched to cm browser and haven't looked back. Thanks!

Codger1212 likes this.
    11-16-2014 10:01 PM
    Well, I've been using Firefox for the continuity between my laptop & Smartphone. I just picked up Baidu to mess with after I got my Turbo. Yes, it's speedy...But, I'm going to try CM Browser...mucho props for it that I can't ignore. I suppose I could transfer all my bookmarks to it from FF.
    11-17-2014 12:37 AM
    I tried the Baidu browser and I like it, it's really nice just as you said. One major issue for me is I'm having trouble with sites that require a login (site/browser has an error when username an password are put in). Have you experienced this or have any setting suggestions?

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk
    12-12-2014 04:28 PM
    I tried the Baidu browser and I like it, it's really nice just as you said. One major issue for me is I'm having trouble with sites that require a login (site/browser has an error when username an password are put in). Have you experienced this or have any setting suggestions?

None & I'm signed into a bunch of sites. I might add that both Baidu & the CM browser share the same engine & are very similar with just minor UI differences separating them. Both are blazing fast, both have speed dial, both remember zoom settings & both have (thankfully) an exit button. I'd like to drop one of them but can't decide which so may keep both.
    12-12-2014 05:52 PM
    None & I'm signed into a bunch of sites. I might add that both Baidu & the CM browser share the same engine & are very similar with just minor UI differences separating them. Both are blazing fast, both have speed dial, both remember zoom settings & both have (thankfully) an exit button. I'd like to drop one of them but can't decide which so may keep both.
    Ok thanks I'll play with it some more and DL the cm browser and give it a shot too. Thanks again, I appreciate your insight.

12-12-2014 06:05 PM
    I'm a CM Browser convert, going away from my ole standard Dolphin + Jetpack - just no contest. It's so lean and mean, and has some good security options.
    Codger1212 likes this.
    12-12-2014 07:28 PM
    I'm a CM Browser convert, going away from my ole standard Dolphin + Jetpack - just no contest. It's so lean and mean, and has some good security options.
    It is excellent and as I said, identical to Baidu under the hood. I used Dolphin Mini for years as s lightweight browser but either/both of these are light years ahead. I will say that the Droid Turbo is the first device I've owned that doesn't bog using Chrome. I'm using it for most generic searching but for sites I visit daily, it's Baidu or CM. Freaking instant response in a pretty well equipped browser.
    12-12-2014 07:49 PM
    ^^ I know nothing about Baidu. What features do you like about it over CM Browser?
    12-12-2014 08:00 PM
28 12