Do you think this is suppose to be the normal way to charge your phone every time it needs a charge or is it suppose to be done only when you need that quick charge before you go out. I'm not sure if its good for the battery to be heated up like that on a daily basis. I turn off my phone before bed every night and sometimes plug it in overnight so it's fully charged in the morning. Not sure if I should do that with this quick charger. Does it shut down the charge when the battery is full?
    11-04-2014 07:34 AM
    Good question. Not sure if there is a really good answer.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-charging.html
    11-04-2014 07:36 AM
    I'm going to use my old Droid Razr Maxx HD charging cable for normal charging and keep the turbo charge handy for emergencies.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.
    11-04-2014 07:39 AM
    I'm inclined to use a regular charger most of the time and the quick charger only when needed.
    11-04-2014 07:42 AM
    Interesting how Samsung has an option to turn off quick charging in their settings. That tells me quick charging your battery every time you need a charge is probably not the best idea. It would be nice to have that option on the Tutbo so you can still use the adapter it came with to give the phone a regular and slower charge that wont heat up the battery so much.
    11-04-2014 07:50 AM
    Do you think this is suppose to be the normal way to charge your phone every time it needs a charge or is it suppose to be done only when you need that quick charge before you go out. I'm not sure if its good for the battery to be heated up like that on a daily basis. I turn off my phone before bed every night and sometimes plug it in overnight so it's fully charged in the morning. Not sure if I should do that with this quick charger. Does it shut down the charge when the battery is full?
    It's safe all the time.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=IvwPg2qi

"Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Moto X. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns."

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-04-2014 09:16 AM
    Interesting how Samsung has an option to turn off quick charging in their settings. .
    But also interesting how when you first set up the phone, the first message you get is "do you want to turn this on?" With no caveat. No warnings. No explanation. That would seem to press for quick charging as a default. If no downside is stated, who wants slow charging?
    11-04-2014 10:24 AM
    It's safe all the time.

Motorola Turbo Charger

"Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Moto X. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns."

I assume from your link that it is safe to use this charger on other phones that do not have the quick charge Qualcomm technology inside of it. I have the 2013 Moto X and was unsure if I should use this charger just for convenience not having to swap out chargers.
    11-04-2014 10:58 AM
    I assume from your link that it is safe to use this charger on other phones that do not have the quick charge Qualcomm technology inside of it. I have the 2013 Moto X and was unsure if I should use this charger just for convenience not having to swap out chargers.
    Based on the product description from their website, it appears safe.

11-04-2014 11:14 AM
    If it is not with a phone with the compatible tech, I believe the charger reverts down to normal charging--it has two modes, fast and normal.
    11-04-2014 11:18 AM