Verizon's X vs Turbo: software

stevexyz

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
How does the software compare between Verizon’s edition of the new Moto X and the Droid Turbo? Are they more or less the same or is the Turbo loaded up with "extra bloat"? Anyone care to guess if they'll get software updates at the same pace? Note I'm talking about Verizon's X here, since the Pure Edition won't work on Verizon.

sbmoore1

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The moto x ad turbo have similar software. With the turbo you have the verizon bloat. With the x you don't. Turbo has better specs and battery.... X doesn't. I had the 2nd Gen moto x and returned it because it kept reseting and the battery sucked. The turbo gets me through the day with some to spare.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The software is mostly similar. The Droid Turbo has more bloatware mostly due to the inclusion of a bunch of Amazon apps that cannot be removed, just disabled. Some of the settings menus have a slightly different look on the Turbo (barely noticeable but it is different) compared to the Moto X which is pretty much the stock settings screen. The command widget is only on the Droid Turbo as well.

The bigger question will be how close the software is after Android 5.0 rolls out. Last year when 4.4 rolled out the Moto X picked up the new dialer and UI styles while the Droid Maxx, Ultra and Mini kept the Jellybean dialer and blue UI accents. 4.4.4 added the white UI elements to the Droid's but it never got the KitKat dialer. Hopefully this time around they will do a better job at keeping them in line.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Likely the Amazon suite plus DROID Zap and the DROID Command Center are the only carrier bloatware differences.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
As previously said some menus have been needlessly reorganized. Otherwise pretty much the same.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer