Reading VZ's website I'm a little confused - as it seems like they charge you a restock fee even if you want to exchange your phone.. ?

If you return an phone that you purchased with a credit card, will they credit the card - minus the restock fee.. or...?

Thanks in advance.
    11-04-2014 12:42 PM
    IME, credits are to original form of payment, presuming it exists.

Policy is 35 bucks. However, anything is possible. Expect to pay 35 bucks.
    11-04-2014 12:50 PM
    Yeah if you exchange the device a restock fee applys. Sucks. I exchanged the iPhone 6 for the Note 4 and had the fee.
    11-04-2014 01:00 PM
    Ahh, but no fee to exchange a device for a replacement of the same device
    11-04-2014 02:03 PM
    When I traded my Z3v for the Turbo yesterday, I had to pay a $35 restocking fee (because it's a ton of work to put a phone back in the box).

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).
    11-04-2014 02:07 PM
    Ahh, but no fee to exchange a device for a replacement of the same device
    Yeah, if it's a warranty/defective device, the restock fee wouldn't apply. The OP probably should clarify that. Would some pulled threads around the camera be a defect or a policy adjustment for an exchange? IDK. Would a 'I don't like this particular phone but I want to exchange for another identical one' be an exchange covered by the restock fee or not? Depends I guess. IMO, if pushing policy, probably best to deal with a corporate store.
    11-04-2014 02:12 PM
    Yeah, if it's a warranty/defective device, the restock fee wouldn't apply. The OP probably should clarify that. Would some pulled threads around the camera be a defect or a policy adjustment for an exchange? IDK. Would a 'I don't like this particular phone but I want to exchange for another identical one' be an exchange covered by the restock fee or not? Depends I guess. IMO, if pushing policy, probably best to deal with a corporate store.
    He is the OP ^_^.

There is no restock fees if you're exchanging your device due to a malfunction. When I had Verizon they didn't charge for one on a malfunction.
    11-04-2014 02:29 PM