12-08-2014 08:59 AM
66 123
tools
    First, I never said you were a rep, I said you sounded like one. People can sound like something without being that thing.
    Its great for you that you choose not to be rude. I never said that Adawg1203 had to be rude. Yes, I used the word "you" but why don't you look up the different meanings of the word "you" and then use the context clues do figure out which one I meant. Here's a hint, its not the one where the only person I'm referring to is Adawg1203. But for others being rude IS the only way to get what you need because reps can be overbearing, and don't listen no matter how many times you say what you want. Before I knew better, I had a couple of trips that took over an hour that should have took 10-15 minutes because I was nice the whole time. Maybe you have hours to waste by being nice, I don't know. Furthemore, yes, I put a comment in quotes. Where is the citation stating that the quote is attributed to you? Or are you the only person in the universe now, so it had to be a quote from you? If you're gonna call out someone on grammar, maybe you should learn the rules of grammar first. And since you're so fond of pointing out exactly what I said, please point out exactly where I said that you are asking anyone to listen to you. Or are you just saying I incorrectly stated something that I never stated? Cuz that kinda makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about(which I firmly believe in this case).
    And what part of my approach do you think people shouldn't follow? The part where I walk in thinking the people there are going to help me and I act accordingly? The part where I'm not gonna let them have their way with me and be grateful for being screwed over?
    And you saying you find my statement laughable once again makes you sound like a rep who's trying to get paid as much s possible for doing as little as possible. Laughing at that statement shows a clear lack of understanding of what customer service is. The thing is, I don't blame you at all for that. Customer service is such a lost practice that people don't even recognize that they're not receiving it. To think you need some sort of documentation to be upset over getting a defective product - the word nonsense doesn't come close to describing that notion. A most basic, basic, basic tenet of customer service is making sure a product does what its advertised to do. Should someone come in yelling, swearing and throwing things because their screen isn't producing uniform colors? Of course not. But to think people shouldn't be at all upset when they pay their hard earned money for something and it doesn't work right...I can't even say how ridiculous that is.
    Like I said, I don't advocate harassing reps, but the idea that its the customers responsibility to make sure things are civil and that the customer should be doing most of the work to make sure they are getting what they want is so completely backwards. No one should ever even have to consider being rude, but unfortunately, there is barely any such thing as customer service anymore, and people like you have just accepted that and have switched the onus of a positive experience from the ones whose job it is to make sure things go smoothly to people who just want to be treated like paying customers should be treated.
    Seeing you initially responded directly to my post it's clear what "you" meant.

However, I'm past this and will not play your game by responding.
    11-07-2014 10:56 AM
    This is the biggest bunch of BS I've read in a long, long time. You sound like a rep who wants to get paid as much as possible for doing as little as possible.
    I'm not at all an advocate for harassing a rep, but far too often, the only way to get what you are paying your hard earned money for is to be a little rude. You are the customer. You're the one giving up your money. The first assumption on both sides should be that you are right. Anything else is plain insulting. If I buy a phone and during the sale the rep shows they know very little about it, if I'm having problems with it, why would i think they now know more about the device and its problems than i do?
    I had a decent experience when i bought my OG Droid. Since then, every single experience, whether i went by myself or with someone, has been varying degrees of awful. They've been filled with nothing but misinformation and disinterest to what i actually want. I have yet to have an employee make much of an attempt to help me with what i actually want until i get a little ride with them. I try not to go overboard and i don't think i ever have, but I've come close a few times. I always start out polite, but when i come in and tell you i want a Droid Bionic and you repeatedly try to get me to buy an iPhone, I'm gonna be a bit rude to you. When i buy a Droid Ultra and you try to repeatedly sell me a "Q-1" charger, I'm gonna be rude. If i came in with a problem like the OP, and got treated like he did, I'd be rude. It's called customer service, not rep service. The customer needs to be the one being serviced. If they had a problem reps should do everything reasonably possible to fix it. If i sold him something defective he has a right to come in with a bad attitude. Reps should understand that and act accordingly, but in this day and age, they don't. The idea of "you just bought a $700 device, it's defective, so you better be nice" is completely ludicrous.
    Anyone who listens to you is setting themselves up to be bulldozed by someone who is only there to get a commission.
    Whenever i go in to a store my first thought is that whoever is there is going to help me and i act accordingly, but the second i see that my needs aren't being prioritized the switch gets flipped. I'm not gonna go in there, be nice no matter what, let them have their way with me, and then offer them a cigarette when they're done . Not gonna happen.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Going into a transaction with a rep intending to be rude from the outset is immaturity at its worst. These types are never wrong. Never say the wrong things and feel entitled to speak to adults any way they want to just because they're in service positions. You can spot them when they first come in a store. You can tell they're looking for trouble. I use those types as lessons to my children of the manner which they will not comport themselves.
    Thank goodness I don't have to experience much of that in my community.
    xweb10 likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:46 PM
    Going into a transaction with a rep intending to be rude from the outset is immaturity at its worst. These types are never wrong. Never say the wrong things and feel entitled to speak to adults any way they want to just because they're in service positions. You can spot them when they first come in a store. You can tell they're looking for trouble. I use those types as lessons to my children of the manner which they will not comport themselves.
    Thank goodness I don't have to experience much of that in my community.
    What in the world are you talking about?

11-07-2014 01:16 PM
    Alright, at long last an update.

To those who were wondering this was a corporate store.

I contacted the district manager as well as the corporate office in my region, and shared the log of events. I was contacted by both within 24 hrs, and everyone was interested in creating a satisfactory resolution for me.

I chose to turn back time--to a time before I first walked into that Verizon store (with a positive attitide I may add though my narrative belies how jaded I was by the end.)

The district manager arranged to meet me at a nearby vzw store to exchange my Droid turbo #3 (faulty flash) for, not another turbo, but a shiny new note 4. I paid the $50 difference, but I retained my right to a 14 day grace period on the note, like I would have had for the turbo originally.

They were also nice enough to comp me an otterbox defender for the note which fits like a charm and makes it easier to hold, nice and grippy.

There are many good people at verizon--just be patient with the bad ones (perhaps more than I was) and take detailed notes of any difficulties you have including names dates and times--there is a district manager out there somewhere that cares, and wants to hear about the troubles you had.

P.S The Note 4 is by FAR a superior device--it becomes obvious within the first hour with the note 4 after a week with the turbo. User experience is worlds better...I do miss waving to wake the turbo, but it sure felt good to wave goodbye forever.

ZtO
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    11-07-2014 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the update and happy to read you achieved a satisfactory outcome.
    11-10-2014 06:37 AM

I contacted the district manager as well as the corporate office in my region, and shared the log of events. I was contacted by both within 24 hrs, and everyone was interested in creating a satisfactory resolution for me.

ZtO
    Glad to hear it's resolved satisfactorily. Was there an explanation as to why the store was not supplying you with the original packaging on the replacements?
    11-10-2014 07:16 AM

I chose to turn back time--to a time before I first walked into that Verizon store (with a positive attitide I may add though my narrative belies how jaded I was by the end.)

The district manager arranged to meet me at a nearby vzw store to exchange my Droid turbo #3 (faulty flash) for, not another turbo, but a shiny new note 4. I paid the $50 difference, but I retained my right to a 14 day grace period on the note, like I would have had for the turbo originally.

They were also nice enough to comp me an otterbox defender for the note which fits like a charm and makes it easier to hold, nice and grippy.

There are many good people at verizon--just be patient with the bad ones (perhaps more than I was) and take detailed notes of any difficulties you have including names dates and times--there is a district manager out there somewhere that cares, and wants to hear about the troubles you had.

P.S The Note 4 is by FAR a superior device--it becomes obvious within the first hour with the note 4 after a week with the turbo. User experience is worlds better...I do miss waving to wake the turbo, but it sure felt good to wave goodbye forever.

ZtO
    Congrats on getting your issue resolved. It's pretty sad that you had to escalate what should have been something simple to deal with. But good on you for getting what you're paying for instead of letting them walk all over you, which some people on this thread seem to think you should have done.
    But i completely disagree about the Note 4 being superior. I played with a buddy's Note 4 yesterday and after about 5 minutes i wanted to throw it against a wall. Touchwiz (though not nearly as laggy as in the past) is just god awful. But i have a Turbo which i love and you have a Note which you think is great, and that's the beauty of Android. We can each have our own choice and be happy with it.

11-10-2014 08:06 AM
    Glad it worked out. I wouldn't call it far superior over anything but I am trying to get my wife that over the s5 because it is a good phone.
    11-10-2014 11:46 AM
    Glad you finally got the issue resolved to your satisfaction. These phones aren't cheap, and it's a shame to have to "settle" for something that clearly isn't what you expected. I'm a Moto fan, so a Note most definitely isn't my cup of tea, but at least you didn't totally lose faith and get an iPhone (LOL).
    ar9080 likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:50 PM
    wait.....you returned the turbo after getting less than 20 hours of battery the first day X_X
    xweb10 likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:56 PM
    Glad there was resolution for you, but any news on the possible illegal practices of the corporate store you went to?
    11-10-2014 03:44 PM
    The Note 4 also has the air wake feature.... Accessibility ➡Dexterity and Interaction ➡Air Wake Up
    11-12-2014 03:12 AM

ZtO
    Good for you dude. Sounds like you were mature and professional enough to take a look at your previous encounters and decide that there were more productive ways to handle things without having to resort to unnecessary behavior you might regret later.
    And you're right, there are good people at Verizon as there are bad ones. Just as there are good customers and bad ones. The key word you used was "patience." We all could afford to be more patient with each other regardless of who wears the name badge.
    I'm glad you chose the good customer path.
    And I'm most glad that you found a device that suits you well.
    11-12-2014 09:59 AM
    Nreeldeep sounds like a VZW employee to me. I worked for what's now the largest airline in the world, and yes there are certain things company policy prevented us from doing, such as compensating for acts of God. But the principle of the customer service industry is THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN if he or she is really wrong.

Firstly and for the record, the cellular phone division of Motorola is actually owned by GOOGLE. I was swindled into a white LG G3, it kept freezing and not responding, not just in a particular corner, but the whole screen. It happened any time the screen came on, after taking the phone from my ear, pressing the power button on the back, or using the "knock-knock" feature. The VZW store I went to said that I couldn't return it because I edged-up, I couldn't exchange it for a different model (even though it was within the first week!), my only two options were to call LG or to take a "certified" pre-owned one. I did both. LG said I'd have to mail the phone in at my expense, and they'd check it out and send it back to me fixed if it was fixable, or replace it with a refurbished one if it was not fixable. I did another early edge-up (to the tune of $350!!) just to get out of it since Verizon told me the same thing, they couldn't replace it more than twice, and I was SOL if it kept happening. I now have the Sony XPERIA Z3v, so far it's so-so. My boyfriend has the Turbo, and he's had overheating issues, slow performance, unresponsive home/back/apps buttons at the bottom of the screen even after power cycling the device, and most recently freezing completely to a point where a hard, factory reset was required. He'll be glad to know he's not alone in this Droid Turbo debacle. We both had MAXXs, and loved them. WHY THE HELL DID WE TRADE "UP?"
    12-08-2014 08:21 AM
    Everyone has the right to switch carriers if they do not like who they are with. Remember, the grass isn't always greener in a competitors yard. Also, whether it's right, wrong, or indifferent you should NEVER hide behind the shield of "i'm the customer" therefore, I'm in the right. The problem is people feel being the customer entitles them to being rude to the employees who represent a business. In many cases the store front employees have nothing to do with the problem of the customer. Conversely, I do feel they make every attempt to help with the situation the customer brings before them. In many cases its the CUSTOMERS actions that lead to a poor experience. The customer raises their voice and displays aggressive behavior, first. The employee can only sit there with a smile, and in their head think about how badly they want to punch the person but need to keep their jobs. So the customer is just as responsible for service as an employee. If you bully a representative due to your poor behavior I don't think they will be eager to go the extra mile on your behalf. If customers excersised better restraint in difficult situations I believe the customer experience would be much better. Whether or not the employee was able to completely resolve the problem. Just my 2 cents.
    VZW in my experience does have the best network, I left AT&T after 4+ dropped calls DAILY. I can understand losing a call in the bowels of a building or at the bottom of a parking garage, but a network that can't handle tower transfers while on a call? C'mon. Verbal abuse is never called for, especially in a personal manner, but as I said in another post, working for the world's largest airline (200M passengers a year), if you want to be a proper customer service representative, you have to learn to empathize. It's hard to expect anyone to not be mad as hell when a company representative is condescending, misinforms you, does something so incredibly stupid such as refusing to hand over the box that matches the device, treats you as a complainer...Every day I hear "Well agent so and so in Dallas told me..." or "The website didn't say anything about bag fees...(referring to Expedia, Travelocity, etc.)" As a good customer service agent, you have to put yourself in his or her shoes, and realize how screwed over their situation may make them feel.
    12-08-2014 08:46 AM
    The display is a problem. I don't know how badly the color shifted. LED including AMOLED displays color shifts as angles change. That's the nature of the beast. And it's been mentioned various blogs (including AC) that the panel used in the Turbo is not quite as good as, say, the panel Samsung is using in the Note 4. These panels also change tint when you get to very low brightnesses. I can't see any shift just from the angle change from center to top or bottom, but I am not looking for it either. It's possible that the very small feature size of this dense panel makes things worse. I suspect that what you saw is within the norm for this panel. But I also suspect that you are more sensitive to it than I am. So my opinion doesn't reflect what yours would be.

I suppose as for power drain, I'd have rebooted the phone and seen if it improved. Or looked at the battery report and seen what was eating it. I know I was surprised to see my mobile data radio eating battery when I was on wifi. That shouldn't happen and it definitely causes faster battery drain as well as eating up your data cap.

Flash not working? Frikkin thing is broken. There should be no arguement.

Yes, it is VZWs policy to not replace the unit with an identical one on the third go-around. By that time they figure you are going to be really sensitized to problems with that model. Makes sense to me, although it's annoying as all hell.

Not giving you a box? They were not giving you a new phone. Period. There is no reason otherwise to keep the box. You got someone elses "courtesy" return, and they did not even HAVE the original box. That's underhanded. I can see getting a factory refurb on an older phone or one that's gone end-of-life, but not someone elses reject on a brand new unit of a brand new model! That's BS.
    12-08-2014 08:59 AM
66 123