Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Moto Voice doesn't work with hangouts to send a text

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
anyone else having this issue? when i try to send a text via moto voice it uses the default moto green messages app as opposed to hangouts. is there any way to make it use hangouts?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto Voice doesn't work with hangouts to send a text

Mine works through Hangouts. Did you make Hangouts your default SMS by linking your phone number?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

yes, hangouts is my default. i'll have to keep playing with it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Go into settings / apps and look in the All tab for Messaging (I think that's what it's called.) There are two things that you can try here:

1. See if there is a button that says "clear defaults" that you can tap. It's possible that Messaging is set as the default app to SEND messages even if you've selected Hangouts as the default messaging app in settings.

2. If you can disable the Messaging app on the settings screen, and you're definitely not using it, try disabling it here and then Messaging shouldn't even be available to Moto Voice. You can always reenable it later (settings / apps, slide to Disabled, and tap Messaging and enable it.)

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

neither of those options are available. no "clear defaults" button and you can't disable messaging. when i do a moto voice text it gives me the option to use messaging or google voice. no hangouts in the list for some reason.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

Bump can someone test this and see if they have the same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

wolf_walker

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Noticed the same thing and I've seen it somewhere before.
It was Google Now/Voice/Lady whatever they call it now, trying to send a txt with voice commands to a contact.
It pops up an option first time asking which app to use to send, in my case the stock Messaging app, or Google Voice.
Looks like it does not register that Hangouts is the default SMS app, or even installed.
I know I've had this problem before but I can't remember how/if I fixed it.
Not only can you not tell it to use Hangouts to send the SMS, but you can't tell it to
send a Hangouts non-SMS message either. I imagine Google will fix it eventually.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

glad i'm not the only one. lets hope they update this. it worked just fine with hangouts on my 2013 moto x

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I seem to have accidentally fixed the problem. On my Bluetooth connection to my vehicle i unchecked the media option because when I was connected my voice prompts would no longer work when using moto voice or voice navigation.

For whatever reason after that my moto voice now goes through hangouts. Not sure why but give it a shot guys.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae