Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Just got it and it's amazing

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's almost like vanilla android yet isn't and while smaller then the note 4 which I would of gotten but would of costed me to much with edge which made me decide to get this which saves me $5 a month.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got it and it's amazing

You will be glad you got the Droid. I love the Turbo and it is quite a nice phone. And Lollypop Soon!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You will be glad you got the Droid. I love the Turbo and it is quite a nice phone. And Lollypop Soon!
Got it because Verizon is more then what I'm paying with t-mobile and getting the note 4 was out of the question at the moment since I'm getting the 10gb plan with edge.
Got to get used to the smaller screen but it is a nice phone

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Nice! Hope it all works out for you ^_^.
Thanks... I like t-mobile with what they are doing and the reps as people but with them having no clue what to do and no service in my house I am done with them. I'll see in a few years if they still offer unlimited data and using band 12 in my area and see how good they are.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks... I like t-mobile with what they are doing and the reps as people but with them having no clue what to do and no service in my house I am done with them. I'll see in a few years if they still offer unlimited data and using band 12 in my area and see how good they are.

Understandable. You have to use a carrier that works for you -- I wouldn't be caught with T-Mobile if I didn't get service where I am 95% of the time.

Honestly if I had good WiFi at work unlimited data wouldn't be a big pull for me .. But until then (or job switch).. It is :cool:.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Understandable. You have to use a carrier that works for you -- I wouldn't be caught with T-Mobile if I didn't get service where I am 95% of the time.

Honestly if I had good WiFi at work unlimited data wouldn't be a big pull for me .. But until then (or job switch).. It is :cool:.
Oh that's why I dealt with spotty service. I used at most 6 gb of data so I figured 10gb is fine for me. I do watch Netflix on my phone but not hours worth where I'll use all my data. The deal breaker for me was the run around of getting anything done with t-mobile customer service which I'll have to deal with it 2 weeks to cancel my service lol

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

It's almost like vanilla android yet isn't and while smaller then the note 4 which I would of gotten but would of costed me to much with edge which made me decide to get this which saves me $5 a month.
Welcome. Its a great phone.
Some will complain about battery- Check out some of the threads about battery life there are really good tips there.
Others will complain they cant make a call and have 4g at the same time- coming by the end of the year.

Overall its a really great phone. Screen is amazing and it will be getting Lollipop by the end of the year. That will only make it better.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Welcome. Its a great phone.
Some will complain about battery- Check out some of the threads about battery life there are really good tips there.
Others will complain they cant make a call and have 4g at the same time- coming by the end of the year.

Overall its a really great phone. Screen is amazing and it will be getting Lollipop by the end of the year. That will only make it better.
Really you can't call people and use the phone at the same time? I thought android didn't have this problem. Not a huge deal since I could use my iPad if I needed to

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Really you can't call people and use the phone at the same time? I thought android didn't have this problem. Not a huge deal since I could use my iPad if I needed to

Check out the other thread for the whole novel on this topic.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's not am Android or iPhone problem. You're used to GSM carriers and they've always been able to do this since the standard can handle voice and data at the same time. CDMA carriers like Verizon can only do one or the other... So Verizon put an extra radio in their Android phones for awhile to allow one for voice and one for data... But with the Turbo they stopped this since VoLTE will be out soon. Once VoLTE is on you should be able to make a call and use data since it'll all go through LTE.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

It's not am Android or iPhone problem. You're used to GSM carriers and they've always been able to do this since the standard can handle voice and data at the same time. CDMA carriers like Verizon can only do one or the other... So Verizon put an extra radio in their Android phones for awhile to allow one for voice and one for data... But with the Turbo they stopped this since VoLTE will be out soon. Once VoLTE is on you should be able to make a call and use data since it'll all go through LTE.
I know that CDMA you can't but I thought with LTE Verizon you can use phone calls and data but apparently of they did that I didn't know. Not a big deal since I usually never do both anyways but was nice to do. Guess I'll just have to adjust and use my iPad if I need to do both.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I know that CDMA you can't but I thought with LTE Verizon you can use phone calls and data but apparently of they did that I didn't know. Not a big deal since I usually never do both anyways but was nice to do. Guess I'll just have to adjust and use my iPad if I need to do both.

They'll have VoLTE soon so then you'll be able to. Just can't yet since it isn't fully launched for the Turbo and they didn't out the extra radio in.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

They'll have VoLTE soon so then you'll be able to. Just can't yet since it isn't fully launched for the Turbo and they didn't out the extra radio in.

There are some pretty big catches there. It's not as simple as a software upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

There are some pretty big catches there. It's not as simple as a software upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App

That is true in the terms of hardware but .. The Turbo is already setup for VoLTE so it really is actually just a software update. Just like the Note 3 for T-Mobile was VoLTE ready hardware wise .. it wasn't enabled till a software push was done.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

That is true in the terms of hardware but .. The Turbo is already setup for VoLTE so it really is actually just a software update. Just like the Note 3 for T-Mobile was VoLTE ready hardware wise .. it wasn't enabled till a software push was done.

Right - what I meant is that to have the simultaneous voice and data, you not only have to get the software upgrade to turn on that feature on the phone, but you have to be on a cell tower that supports it. To make a VoLTE call, you have to be on the right tower and be talking to someone else on VoLTE. If you leave that area and move to another tower, your call will drop. Really not ready for implementation.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I went with the Motorola Droid turbo because it was cheaper but I am honestly now thinking or returning it for the note 4. I am finding the speaker very tinny sounding and the camera so far is sub par. I really do like the device though so Idk. It being used in one hand is appealing and I like the almost vanilla design ui but also finding the sensor that semi turns on the screen to sensitive

Alienware_51#IM

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Right - what I meant is that to have the simultaneous voice and data, you not only have to get the software upgrade to turn on that feature on the phone, but you have to be on a cell tower that supports it. To make a VoLTE call, you have to be on the right tower and be talking to someone else on VoLTE. If you leave that area and move to another tower, your call will drop. Really not ready for implementation.

Any Verizon site with LTE active supports VoLTE. Therefore, if you have an LTE signal you can make a VoLTE call. They deployed this nationwide to all LTE sites. Your call will not drop if you move to another tower. Your call WILL drop if you move out of LTE coverage. The call CANNOT be handed off to CDMA2000.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Any Verizon site with LTE active supports VoLTE. Therefore, if you have an LTE signal you can make a VoLTE call. They deployed this nationwide to all LTE sites. Your call will not drop if you move to another tower. Your call WILL drop if you move out of LTE coverage. The call CANNOT be handed off to CDMA2000.

This seems to be the case. If you fall off LTE to 3g (CDMA) you will lose the LTE call ... Not moving tower to tower.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I went with the Motorola Droid turbo because it was cheaper but I am honestly now thinking or returning it for the note 4. I am finding the speaker very tinny sounding and the camera so far is sub par. I really do like the device though so Idk. It being used in one hand is appealing and I like the almost vanilla design ui but also finding the sensor that semi turns on the screen to sensitive

Just grab the Note 4 on Verizon if the Turbo isn't what you thought it was :). I would give it another day or so to be sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21