11-09-2014 06:44 AM
76 123 ...
tools
    Just can't deal with the low volume in the earpiece on calls. 3000+ minutes per month on calls and can't constantly be struggling with trying to hear the other party. Weak wifi was bad too. Also, I knew voice+data wasn't possible yet, but didn't realize how much I would miss having that capability. Oh well - the hardware is fantastic. Really love the design, feel, nylon back, front facing speaker. Unlike some other buyers, I thought the camera was pretty good too. Even the screen seemed good enough to me in the bright sun today.

Oh well, I was really hoping this phone would be my new device. I'll have to keep an eye on this forum to see when these bugs get worked out and maybe give it another shot at some point.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-05-2014 05:52 PM
    Volume is very low, not sure if they can fix that or not but it is much lower than from Maxx.
    11-05-2014 05:56 PM
    I hear you. Very disappointed to hear these things...I was looking forward to the Turbo for months as an upgrade to my RMHD and it seems with all the bells and whistles Moto is coming up with these days, they overlooked some of the basic functionality of the phone. Poor call volume, iffy signal quality, problems with nylon backing unraveling, no voice & data. Right now I'm leaning toward the HTC One M8. I know it's been out for 6 months already but from what I am reading the build quality is fantastic, it has an SD card slot which is a plus, the best sounding front stereo speakers, great call quality, great signal quality, can do voice & data. Plus IR sensor.
    11-05-2014 06:07 PM
    Oh well, I was really hoping this phone would be my new device. I'll have to keep an eye on this forum to see when these bugs get worked out and maybe give it another shot at some point.
    So, what are you going to try next?
    11-05-2014 06:10 PM
    Just can't deal with the low volume in the earpiece on calls. 3000+ minutes per month on calls and can't constantly be struggling with trying to hear the other party. Weak wifi was bad too. Also, I knew voice+data wasn't possible yet, but didn't realize how much I would miss having that capability. Oh well - the hardware is fantastic. Really love the design, feel, nylon back, front facing speaker. Unlike some other buyers, I thought the camera was pretty good too. Even the screen seemed good enough to me in the bright sun today.

I had my hopes up for this device also. I have not personally used it so I'm going to hold on the judgement but from what I've read here it doesn't sound like the phone I wanted it to be. I love motos software but the earpiece volume really bothers me because I spend a good amount of time on the phone. My og moto x struggles with WiFi signal and was in hopes these new phones would take care of that but I guess they didn't. I'll wait for the nexus 6 and see how it performs.

As dumb as it sounds I'm running out of phones to choose from, lol. M8 will be replaced in 5-6 months if not sooner, I've had my share of TW so the s5 of Note 4 are out, and moto x has less than stellar battery life. Only phone I have not looked is the g3. After TouchWiz and using the moto x I would really like to stay as close to stock as possible.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-05-2014 06:33 PM

Did you try turning off the equalizer in the sound settings? Makes the ear piece volume much more reasonable.
    11-05-2014 06:57 PM
    Did you try turning off the equalizer in the sound settings? Makes the ear piece volume much more reasonable.
    I did -I tried every suggestion I could find. Equalizer, voice privacy setting, moving it all around to find a direct firing closest to my ear canal.

11-06-2014 06:59 AM
    So, what are you going to try next?
    Back to my previous daily driver. Doesn't seem to be much on the horizon the rest of this year on Verizon, so I'll just hold on to my Q10 and enjoy not having any payments for a while. Yeah, I know, Q10, go ahead......

11-06-2014 07:02 AM
    Back to my previous daily driver. Doesn't seem to be much on the horizon the rest of this year on Verizon, so I'll just hold on to my Q10 and enjoy not having any payments for a while. Yeah, I know, Q10, go ahead......

Why not get a nexus 6 ?
    11-06-2014 07:10 AM
    Why not get a nexus 6 ?
    Way too big. This 5.2 on the Turbo is about the biggest device I can use one-handed. And that's a bit of a stretch for me.

11-06-2014 07:13 AM
    Was I given the perfect phone for not having any issues with calls? I actually keep the volume lower than max.....

Posted via the Android Central App
    CarolinaDroid likes this.
    11-06-2014 07:14 AM
    Way too big. This 5.2 on the Turbo is about the biggest device I can use one-handed. And that's a bit of a stretch for me.

Ah yeah its quite big but I love big phones myself and find this a bit to small lol. Returning it myself because I find the speaker is tinny, uses half the speaker apparently and the camera is sub par specially when you come from a note 4 which has ois. I had other Samsung devices with no ois but I found DIS ( digital image stabilization) much better on those then this phone . slight movement makes it blurry and the quality isn't that good even if its perfect as in no movement
    11-06-2014 07:16 AM
    Man, some people in this forum are really picky.

Too bad the Turbo isn't powered by the sound of a unicorn and sunshine. That's a deal breaker for me.

/sarcasm

Posted via the blazing fast Motorola Droid Turbo (64 GB).
    11-06-2014 08:00 AM
    Man, some people in this forum are really picky.

Too bad the Turbo isn't powered by the sound of a unicorn and sunshine. That's a deal breaker for me.

/sarcasm

Well if your going to have this phone for 24 months why shouldn't you? If you paying full price as well...
    11-06-2014 08:17 AM
    Well if your going to have this phone for 24 months why shouldn't you? If you paying full price as well...
    I paid full retail for this phone and I find there's nothing wrong with it. While I agree that the volume of phone calls is lower than average, it's not unacceptable and it works just fine.

CarolinaDroid likes this.
    11-06-2014 08:40 AM
    I paid full retail for this phone and I find there's nothing wrong with it. While I agree that the volume of phone calls is lower than average, it's not unacceptable and it works just fine.

Your sidestepping here now. If a person paid full price be it edge or full outright or stuck to a 2 year contract why should somebody live with a phone they think is not good. I like this phone but the tinny sound and bad camera is why I am returning it because I don't want to deal with a bad camera for about 20 months
    11-06-2014 08:42 AM
    Your sidestepping here now. If a person paid full price be it edge or full outright or stuck to a 2 year contract why should somebody live with a phone they think is not good. I like this phone but the tinny sound and bad camera is why I am returning it because I don't want to deal with a bad camera for about 20 months
    What would you replace it with?

11-06-2014 08:44 AM
    What would you replace it with?

Personally if I know the nexus 6 is at a Verizon store around the 12th I would go with that but I liked the note 4 and slap on the Google now launcher and was perfect with it. This is solely my personal opinion of what phone I like and my opinion of speaker and camera on this phone (turbo). some people might not care or think it's great to them and if so that is great because otherwise I think this is a great phone
    11-06-2014 08:47 AM
    I'm sure it won't take long for someone to find a way to root the Turbo. Once that happens, there are many ways to crank the volume up to your liking.

11-06-2014 08:59 AM
    Personally if I know the nexus 6 is at a Verizon store around the 12th I would go with that but I liked the note 4 and slap on the Google now launcher and was perfect with it. This is solely my personal opinion of what phone I like and my opinion of speaker and camera on this phone (turbo). some people might not care or think it's great to them and if so that is great because otherwise I think this is a great phone
    Interesting. I did the opposite of you. Note 4 to the turbo

angryshadowdrummer likes this.
    11-06-2014 09:35 AM
    I must admit i am thoroughly frustrated! Over the summer I was looking to replace my HTC Rezound (great phone in its day but its day has passed) and was checking out the Moto X (orig). The sales rep advised me to wait for the new Moto X that was coming so I did. The Moto X 2014 is a nice phone but I found the battery capacity and memory options (no sd card slot) very discouraging. So then I waited for the Turbo Droid. OK, the specs are great but as noted in many threads here, there are several issues with this phone.
    As I do not have an upgrade available so I will have to pay full price. Even the $100 trade in is not applicable(I tried).
    So I went to a Verizon store and tried the phone. Yes the call volume is very low. Applied the remove voice privacy fix and it did improve but still not great. I really wanted this phone but now I can't seem to get myself to buy it. I tried the GalaxyS5, HTC M8 and Remix, Sony Z3 and well - I did not fall in love with any of them. Now what? The Note 4 and coming Nexus 6 are too big for my taste.
    I really need a new phone but nothing appeals to me. Any suggestions?
    I was thinking of maybe getting a refurbished GS5 to hold me until my next upgrade 6/2016? Open to any suggestions.
    11-06-2014 10:44 AM
    Yeah, I know, Q10, go ahead.
    Why not a Z30?
    11-06-2014 10:50 AM
    I have had no problems with the call volume, and I have both Voice Privacy and the Sound Settings enabled. I also wear hearing aids, and I have no problem with the phone volume when either wearing the hearing aids or not wearing them.
    11-06-2014 10:52 AM
    I find it odd that the call volume is an issue for anyone, maybe book an appointment with an ENT doc

I don't even have the volume at 100%

Am I missing something? I feel left out :-(

11-06-2014 10:55 AM
    I find it odd that the call volume is an issue for anyone, maybe book an appointment with an ENT doc

I don't even have the volume at 100%

Am I missing something? I feel left out :-(

You must have a defective phone because call volume is significantly lower on this phone for my wife and my phone compared to Moto X and Droid Maxx.

You can tell that it is only coming out the right speaker, which is a clear defect.
    11-06-2014 10:58 AM
76 123 ...