I previously had the Droid Razr HD and it connected to my car every time I turned it on. When I got my new turbo, I deleted the old phone and paired the new one with no problems. Now each time I start the car I have to manually connect the phone. I have unpaired and repaired it twice since then, and it still doesn't seem to auto connect. I also noticed it doesn't give me the message about my car asking to access the phonebook like the old one does. Has anyone had this issue and found a work around? Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help!
    11-05-2014 08:27 PM
    Ok, I worked it out. It turns out for Subarus in general, connecting a phone through the buttons on the stereo and through the verbal steps using the buttons on the steering wheel doesn't lead to the same result. As I have learned, you MUST use the voice commands to program the phone, or it won't auto connect, or in fact ever reconnect without being deleted and re-paired. Somewhere there is a flaw in the Subaru factory stereo.
    TL;DR - Program using the car's voice commands instead of the stereo buttons. It works.
    11-06-2014 04:10 PM
    As soon as I read this I knew you had a Subaru!

My Outback was my first Bluetooth enabled car. I rented a number of cars I was able to set up fine, but my S4 never connected to my Subaru. I thought it was just a crappy system.
    Earlier this year I had an insurance replacement on the phone. For some reason I paired them using the voice commands and it worked fine.

I have stuck with the voice commands since with no issue.
    11-06-2014 04:18 PM
    Mine isn't auto-connecting to my Sony BT head unit. My RAZR Maxx HD worked just fine. If it wasn't for being NFC enabled, it would be a real pain. Even when I hit a button on the radio to make it search for a paired device, it doesn't see the phone.
    11-10-2014 12:43 PM
    Back to the OP, I have had a similar problem with regards to the phone book. I have an Audi and had the Droid RAZR M. It paired perfectly and it allowed me to access my entire phone book (list of contacts) when paired. I just got my Turbo and it pairs just fine. However, when it accesses my phone book it only gets 13 entries (I have about 1,200) and they are all service numbers for Verizon and Motorola and Audi. I don't know where those numbers are coming from as they are not in my main list of contacts. It looks like I just need to re-direct the location of my list of contacts, but I can't figure out how to do that. Thoughts?
    11-10-2014 09:27 PM
    I just found the contact entries that were accessible through my car's bluetooth. They are the phone's Preset (Verizon Wireless) contacts; they were pre-loaded bloat, which is why I didn't recognize them. They are found by going into People, then settings (the 3 vertical dots at the bottom right), then "Contacts to display". The weird thing is that the only entry I had the "dot" next to was for my corporate account, yet when I paired my phone to my car, the only accessible contacts were the Preset contacts. I have to figure out how to get my bluetooth to look at the proper contact group. I will fiddle with it and report back if I find anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    11-10-2014 10:01 PM
    I have an Audi and I just purchased a Droid Turbo 2 and it won't auto connect, I have to manually do it every time. Any ideas?
    01-06-2016 03:40 PM
    As soon as I read this I knew you had a Subaru!

My Outback was my first Bluetooth enabled car. I rented a number of cars I was able to set up fine, but my S4 never connected to my Subaru. I thought it was just a crappy system.
    Earlier this year I had an insurance replacement on the phone. For some reason I paired them using the voice commands and it worked fine.

I have stuck with the voice commands since with no issue.
    Can you explain this voice connect method? My Turbo connects to my 2012 KIA Optima Hybrid about 80% of the time. It has NEVER sync'd the address book. I'm just curious if the KIA has a similar issue. Thanks.
    01-13-2016 04:14 PM