11-06-2014 02:53 PM
31 12
tools
    I don't think anyone said you have to be on the same network. Messages does sync everything to every device. Phone, tablet, computer etc.
    Yeah read through all the posts before mine.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    11-06-2014 02:40 PM
    For the record, my assertion that Connect required the phone be on the same network was based solely on the assertion in post 3 of this thread. Sorry if that's wrong.

... adding, SMS is not rocket science. If you find something that works move on and worry about optimizing something more important.
    Agreed.
    People should use what works best for them

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    11-06-2014 02:41 PM
    Stick with the point of comparing what the best app for the user is. Quoting 3 different people to try and make me look bad isn't cool. I didn't write nor memorize everyone else comments. Keeping in tune he apps like I said if Moto works well for some people great. My point is 1) Moto needs to be connected to your phone and needs a cell signal to send and receive test messages.

I personally pick messages due to not needed to be connoted to my phone thinking it may make a difference in battery like. Also, the ability to send and receive even when out of cell range.
    If you use Messages+, it'll need to sync back everything eventually. IMO battery savings would be negligible for most people.

11-06-2014 02:41 PM
    It depends on what the IT people at your work allow.

If you have or can install Chrome then Moto Connect or Pushbullet extensions are the way to go.

If you can install apps then the Verizon Messages Plus will work.

If your work computer is locked down then the web version of Verizon Messages is probably the only way to get what you want.
    Unless they block the Verizon site too.

11-06-2014 02:42 PM
    If you use Messages+, it'll need to sync back everything eventually. IMO battery savings would be negligible for most people.

Correct. It does sync back so it will use juice at some point. My thinking is that since its not always connected it would use less. You can also select only sync over WiFi although I don't. So far I'm getting 7 to 8 hours of screen time so battery hasn't been a big concern but it's always in the back of my mind I guess.
    11-06-2014 02:44 PM
    Motorola Connect -

Enable on device.
    Use Chrome on desktop. Install Motorola Connect extension.
    Works with Motorola's Messages app. Phone needs to be on and connected to Verizon's cellular network.

Messages+

Enable access on account.
    Works across multiple devices.
    Better experience if you use in place stock app

11-06-2014 02:53 PM
31 12