Since last night, my Turbo will occasionally change my default SMS app to Hangouts or the stock Android SMS app from Google Voice. It's really annoying because to get it back to Google Voice, I have to go into the app settings to clear defaults for Hangouts/stock app, then launch a shortcut for creating an SMS message which will then give me the option to choose Google Voice as default. It had been working just fine since I got the phone last week, but for some reason stopped last night.

Anyone seeing a similar problem?
    11-06-2014 12:14 PM
    Ever since the integration of voice and hangouts began in September, there's all sorts of weird stuff going on. You can turn off Hangouts, but sooner or later you'll need it back when Voice goes away. I've decided to just get used to Hangouts. One advantage is that it can text from my carrier number instead of just the Google Voice number.
    11-06-2014 01:57 PM
    Yeah, eventually I'll integrate GV messaging into the hangouts app. But for now, it doesn't allow me to choose between all 3 methods (hangouts message vs. GV message, vs SMS carrier message). Until then I'll probably still keep using the GV app to send SMS messages.
    11-06-2014 03:49 PM
    Hangout does give you that choice on the SMS settings. But it's a global choice, not practical to make one message at a time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 04:22 PM