12-06-2014 10:06 PM
41 12
tools
    Thanks everyone for the great responses! This has been very helpful, balancing out the negative posts of people who are understandably unhappy with faulty phones. Great to see many are happy with the Droid Turbo, which makes me more confident in purchasing it. Thanks again!
    11-07-2014 07:38 AM
    Haven't been able to try once I gotta say I'm disappointed, if there's one thing I hate is carrier exclusives. I get it the Droid name is licensed, but can they at least officially announce the Moto X Play?

Sorry for using your thread to rant but I was looking forward to giving myself an early gift this year.
    11-07-2014 11:08 PM
    I'd say hold off on the camera bashing. I think they put out some camera hardware with greater potential, with the idea of refining the camera software with updates and Android L..
    Let me start by saying that I have the Turbo and love it. My only complaint IS the camera, I was expecting G3 quality at 21mp but it is not so bad that I would return it. I have seen this "wait for Android L" comment several times but where are these comments coming from? As someone who has been with android a long time - I don't recall an OS update ever pushing hardware such as the camera to new heights. Now I'm not saying that it won't - I'm just asking is there is any reason behind this speculation.....and I am hopeful that there is!

EDIT: I am hopeful/do believe that the shutter speed will be improved with software, but apparently it will have to be at the OS level considering that so far all 3rd party cameras have the same issues (so it isn't the stock app, which could be improved through the play store)
    11-09-2014 08:47 AM
    My understanding is L will allow 3rd party camera apps direct access to the camera, enabling them to unleash the full potential of the hardware regardless of what moto's 4th grader in charge of camera software does.
    ckelly33 likes this.
    11-09-2014 09:17 AM
    Any comments on screen brightness? I've read in several reviews that the brightness level in NITS is very low compared to other smartphones making it harder to see the screen in bright sunlight.
    11-09-2014 10:15 AM
    After playing with the phone since launch day, it's been out in the world getting beat up the past few days on a construction job and, so far, no complaints at all. No problem seeing the screen, in real use talking on phone and checking e-mails on the job it ends up at about 75-80% after a 12 hour day and I simply plug it into the charger when getting up the following morning and it's ready to go in an hour or less. So far, the camera and video features have worked fine for taking job site pictures and reception is OK, even though the job is in a big steel building.

One leftover thing from being a prior flip phone user for many years is that I don't constantly 'check my phone'. It stays in my pocket or on my tool belt and I work. Can't work and play with the phone at the same time. It's a tool, like everything else I bring onto the job site and has its time and place. So far, so good.
    11-09-2014 10:22 AM
    Just gott the Turbo last night and i like it. I thought the call volume was weak also until i turned the Voice Privacy off,then it was good. The ear speake is not centered,it is off to the right a little.As far as the camera, I think there will be a fix with the Lollipop update
    11-09-2014 10:32 AM
    I bought the turbo on launch day. I have had no problems at all. When I do want to take action photos I use a camera with burst mode. I use perfectly clear. It take a lot of pictures very quickly. I then delete the ones I don't want. I get 7 hours of screen on time. I play games, steam music, surf the net, emails etc. I have done nothing to "optimize" my battery life. I came from the DNA and have no complaints.
    11-09-2014 10:48 AM
    Any comments on screen brightness? I've read in several reviews that the brightness level in NITS is very low compared to other smartphones making it harder to see the screen in bright sunlight.
    I have mine on auto. Some may be better but I can see it fine in sunlight.
    11-09-2014 11:18 AM
    I don't know nothin' 'bout no NITS, but my phone has been plenty bright in all situations. In fact, my only complaint about the brightness is it doesn't go low enough for my taste when viewing in darkness.

Posted via the Android Central App powered by Droid Turbo
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    11-09-2014 01:10 PM
    I don't know nothin' 'bout no NITS, but my phone has been plenty bright in all situations. In fact, my only complaint about the brightness is it doesn't go low enough for my taste when viewing in darkness.
    The Lux app allows you to reduce the screen brightness lower than the stock android brightness settings.
    benjamminh and glazedfaith like this.
    11-09-2014 01:34 PM
    The Lux app allows you to reduce the screen brightness lower than the stock android brightness settings.
    Lux is a great app.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-09-2014 03:53 PM
    Thanks! I forgot about that app though I used it on another device previously. Plus, with the AMOLED screen, lower brightness equals power savings

Posted via the Android Central App powered by Droid Turbo
    11-09-2014 04:07 PM
    I had the Samsung Note 4 and the Droid Turbo. I returned the Note 4. The Turbo is the best phone I've ever owned. Buy the Turbo and don't look back.
    12-06-2014 08:45 PM
    I absolutely love it. It is awesome I haven't put it down since Wednesday.
    12-06-2014 09:06 PM
    I'm happy with it. But, having said that, I miss being rooted (had rooted s4).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2014 10:06 PM
41 12