Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Moto Display Question - Manual Operation Only?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone, so this is my first Motorola Android phone and I'm really liking it so far. My last 2 phones were Samsung, so the Moto display is one feature that is new to me, but here is the thing....

I like having the ability to see the clock and notifications when my hand approaches the phone, but I don't like having it periodically display moto display when I have notifications (which I do pretty much all the time, regardless). I tried to turn off the setting to have the notifications fade in and out, but when I do that, it no longer displays any thing when I wave my hand over the device either. Are these my only 2 options? I'd really like to be able to keep the moto display turned on to use manually, I just don't want automatic fading notifications....?

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto Display Question - Manual Operation Only?

That's just the way Motorola does it. First, it saves battery. Second, it will prevent screen burn in. I get why you want it that way, but it's not that way, and I doubt Motorola will change it.

It's possible that there are third party apps on the play store that can replicate this, but probably at expense of battery life. Here is one that might: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=nksOxvpB

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Moto Display Question - Manual Operation Only?

That's just the way Motorola does it. First, it saves battery. Second, it will prevent screen burn in. I get why you want it that way, but it's not that way, and I doubt Motorola will change it.

It's possible that there are third party apps on the play store that can replicate this, but probably at expense of battery life. Here is one that might: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=V2DSKvOv

Thanks for the response...I'll just learn to live with it. It was more of an annoyance/OCD thing with me that I didn't like seeing the screen light up every few seconds just because I received a new email. I did find where I'm able to control what apps are notified on the Moto Display, so that has helped quite a bit as well.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You can just rest the phone screen down if you don't want it to "breathe"

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Screen down does turn it off then? Or did you just mean because then it is hidden?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

If I had a case on it that prevented the phone from resting directly on the glass screen, I'd probably do that...but for now my phone is still naked.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Screen down does turn it off then? Or did you just mean because then it is hidden?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

From what I've read, this will actually turn the feature off...but I suppose it's similar to the whole "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around..." situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech