Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Problem with Bluetooth in Car

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
When I receive a call while connected to my cars bluetooth (2009 Maxima) it starts to connect then stops and a "NO CONNECTION" pops up on my phone and the call continues through on my phone. When I receive a call while connected to my cars bluetooth the car accepts the call and I can use the cars speakers. The only difference with this part is not only does my cars ringtone sound off (which I have it set to do through my cars settings) but my phone ringtone also sound off. Not sure if this is a problem with my cars bluetooth or the phone. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have a solution for me?

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problem with Bluetooth in Car

I found the problem but still have no answers. Would like to know if anyone else is having this problem. When I place a call through the cars bluetooth it tries to connect then stops and on my phone it says "NO CONNECTION" but will continue to ring through the phone. On the bottom of the phone screen is an icon that when pressed comes up with three options one of which is for bluetooth. If this is pressed then it will connect through the cars bluetooth and I can talk using the cars speakers. I can not imagine that this is normal as no other phone I had did this. I have not found any type of setting for the phone that will automatically tell it to answer using the bluetooth when connected instead of me having to press this icon everytime I make a phone call.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Just got off the phone with Verizon Tech. and this is a known issue that Motorola is working on. I was told to set up the phone through the cars voice commands instead of maually through the touch screen which seems to work for some people at this time. I will try tomorrow and post my results.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if it's car-specific? I know from surfing both automotive and phone forums, that some models of cars and phones just don't get along (applicable with Apple as well). My Turbo has been behaving very well with my 2015 Genesis, with the only exception being an incident this morning: I was on a call outside the vehicle, and the call did not hand off to the car via Bluetooth when starting the car; in fact the Bluetooth pairing failed. Once I finished the call, I had to re-pair, and all was well. Otherwise, it has behaved perfectly. I also wonder if it has anything to do with enabling "driving mode"? Probably not.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I have never had a problem with any phone since 2009. Blackberry Storm, Droid Bionic, Moto X (2013). Since Verizon said it's a known problem and they will come out with an update (no time specified) I feel more comfortable knowing it's not just my phone. The only thing I can't do which they said to try was to use voice commands to set up the bluetooth instead of using the touch screen. I don't have that option in my car. This feature is not something new to cell phones so it's probably something in the code which they have to adjust and should not take long to fix.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Well I'm still having this problem. I have to manually hit bluetooth on the phone connection screen when I make a call through my cars bluetooth to use the cars speakers. I am surprised not many people are complaining about this. Verizon said Motorola is aware of this problem so I know it's not just me. Wondering if it only happens to certain cars and models. I have a 2009 Nissan Maxima. Never had this problem with any other phone.

ReverendOD

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

My wife's KIA does something similar. Incoming calls work fine outgoing she gets dead air, I don't have this problem with my JVC unit.

sst45jeff

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

It may have to do with when your phone is locked. Bluetooth can't initiate the connection. Try it with phone all ready unlocked.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

My phone is unlocked since I initiate the call from the phone. I'm hoping this gets fixed with Lolipop.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I get connected when placing calls but it goes directly to the phone not to the car. I have to hit bluetooth on the phones dial screen to speak and hear through the cars speakers.

douglas delucas

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to post that I was able to listen to music only through Bluetooth but no phone calls coming in or out through my stereo like I once was able to be fore the update. I solved the problem by clearing my stereo ( Altima 2013 SL ) and re-booting my phone and reconnected my phone to stereo but you will be prompted to give permission to access so address book or something similar and I said no. Everything works great now. Just an F.Y.I. I wish I could have been more detailed but I just wanted to help anyone that needed this back up and running as bad as I did.

Thank YouO:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781