Overheating

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing overheating issues with the turbo? Maybe the battery just needs to run through a few more cycles, but it seems to heat up pretty quickly while using it for surfing the web, texting, etc. Usually hovers around 105 operating temp according to GSam battery monitor while doing regular phone stuff.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Danny1Bears3

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry about it. The phone is designed to handle these temps. The phone cools significantly after it gets to 75% so its not really a big deal.

Turbo-Shot from my Ballistic Turbo

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is it's common among higher spec'd quad-cores.
Anand did a article about it .... pre-Apple, so quite awhile ago.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but here goes. Took a little trip and half way through my regular GPS kicked the bucket, so got the turbo out and started google maps. (had 2 hours to go on trip) within 45 minutes, received a notification that phone was overheating, 108.5. (From Gsam) What is the highest tolerance for temps for this phone? Chatted with Motorola and they claim......they don't know. It's the Ballistic nylon version, had a thin plastic case on, even took that off.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
psf57, I wish I had a good answer for you but I don't. That said, I doubt hitting that temperature once or even occasionally is going to be a problem. My phone regularly hits 100°F on the Tylt Vu charger just about every night and I've wondered if that temperature is eventually going to be a problem for the battery.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I know it's different but I'm a huge fan of CPU design and implementation with computers.

Our phone hardware should be much more robust than a computer processor. Those are designed to throttle back when they hit thermal limits.

I promise our phones are not only designed to throttle back and limit processing power to limit and control thermal overhead but they're also very far from those limits at 100 Fahrenheit. Processor and hardware designs can easily handle 165.

The battery? I can't comment on because I don't know much about them

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
my phone was charging and i go to check on it and it wont turn on. i know its on but the screen is black with colors and the screen didnt break. please help

Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds or so, until you see the phone restarting. (This is how Motorola designed it to do a virtual removal and replacement of the battery when they started selling the Razr with a non-removable battery.)

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone almost always over heats when connected to Bluetooth. Basically, after a few minutes it freezes and becomes unusable. It's extremely annoying and really the only reason I'm considering dumping this phone for a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid