I'm too new to post links ;-( , but I found this over on XDA. Search on You Tube for the posts title (minus the you tube). It's by AndroMJB.

Hope it helps someone.
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    11-07-2014 08:21 PM
    I'm too new to post links ;-( , but I found this over on XDA. Search on You Tube for the posts title (minus the you tube). It's by AndroMJB.

Hope it helps someone.
    Here you go Joe. Is this it?
    Littlejoe919 and dmmngs2 like this.
    11-07-2014 08:24 PM
    Thanks Dungoyle, that's it.
    11-07-2014 08:32 PM

Hope it helps someone.
    I like the Moto suite but I have disabled them, as described in the video, to see how significant the difference in battery life is. Thanks for the link.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2014 10:15 PM
    I like the Moto suite but I have disabled them, as described in the video, to see how significant the difference in battery life is. Thanks for the link.

Let us know how that works out!
    11-08-2014 01:08 AM

I kept some and disabled others:

• Assist: Sleeping and Driving are on.
    • Actions: Approach for Moto Display is on -- this I use too much to leave off, and maybe why I don't have a loose power button?
    • Display: Moto Dusplay is on (I think this is also referred to as the "breathing" feature). Another "too valuable to lose" feature for me.
    • Voice: OFF. Ultimately, I decided I don't need Moto Voice AND OK Google. I can say OK Google from any page on my phone. I may be missing out some of the moto-specific phone commands, but for now, I can live with that. I want to see if turning some of these features off do in fact yield better battery results.
    11-08-2014 07:58 AM
    I kept some and disabled others:

• Assist: Sleeping and Driving are on.
    • Actions: Approach for Moto Display is on -- this I use too much to leave off, and maybe why I don't have a loose power button?
    • Display: Moto Dusplay is on (I think this is also referred to as the "breathing" feature). Another "too valuable to lose" feature for me.
    • Voice: OFF. Ultimately, I decided I don't need Moto Voice AND OK Google. I can say OK Google from any page on my phone. I may be missing out some of the moto-specific phone commands, but for now, I can live with that. I want to see if turning some of these features off do in fact yield better battery results.
    Even without approach for moto display, if moved, or if you have a notification, you do not have to use the power button. Although I love this feature, I think there's a good chance this one is causing battery drain since it uses the sensors on the front of the phone.
    11-08-2014 11:53 AM
    I will report back tonight, but so far so good.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2014 03:44 PM
    Well, I did everything the video suggested, and I can say that it definitely makes a difference in battery life. I've gone 16 hours off the charger with 3.5 hours of sot, and my battery is at 59%. Today was a fairly moderate use day, with a few hours of tethering while at the soccer field, some browsing, a few phone calls, texting, a 2:30 4K video recording, played some Knights and Dragons, watched an episode of The League using TV Portal, and watched about an hour and a half of the Auburn-A&M game using SlingBox. K&D and SlingBox are serious battery killers, so I'm pretty happy with the battery life today.

HOWEVER,

I haven't had a problem going an entire day since I bought this phone, regardless of what I've thrown at it, and to be honest, turning off all of those things took away my enjoyment of the phone. I like all of the Moto Apps, and they're a good part of the reason why I like this phone. Since battery life isn't a concern, I have turned everything back on, but it's good to know that if I get into a situation where I really need to maximize my battery, I now know how to make it happen.
    ckelly33 and Littlejoe919 like this.
    11-08-2014 11:52 PM
    Yeah, the Moto features kept me with this phone over the G3. I don't care to lose them and, like you, I don't really NEED to. A 24+ hour battery would be cool but I'm just fine to charge it during the 7 hours that I'm asleep. I have never needed (yet) more than 16-18 hours of more than typical use that the phone has been giving me.
    11-08-2014 11:57 PM
    That video has some nice idea, but geez, I get a phone with a mongo battery and all of these cool features and I have to disable them all to get to anything close to the purported battery life? I know... its all advertising crap to make me thing this phone has sweet battery life. The battery life is most certainly worse than my Maxx was.
    mr2sweet likes this.
    11-09-2014 03:38 AM
    I follow most of the ideas in the video and have been for awhile. The settings are not for everyone but it works for me. I only post this to show how far it can go if set up that way. I don't have a lot that sync's in the background but it does when the screen is active. I probably check it on average of 5-7 times per hour, except while sleeping. I started out using the app auromateit but switched to tasker. I just like tasker a little better.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo battery options - You Tube-1415545947114.jpg  
    11-09-2014 10:17 AM