RAZR m
    Note 2
    Lumia 8...
    Galaxy nexus
    RAZR HD
    Droid RAZR Maxx
    Droid RAZR
    Galaxy s3 somewhere in there

Hello my name is donebrasko and I am a phone ***** (junkie)

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2014 08:22 PM
    I was an apple junkie
    Droid incredible
    Back to apple
    HTC one m7
    Then came the Z3v. I really liked that phone.. A lot! . But the all glass back, lack of cases available, & the fact that the camera would overheat after a few min using some of the installed camera features made it a no go. Plus, I was only able to eek out 14hours (haha) of battery with 4/4.5 SOT. . While the camera ran hot, it took (imo) really good photos. The shutter speed is the only thing I'm not liking on the Turbo, I have two small kids so it does make it hard to capture them. . I'm loving the almost stock Android UI of the Turbo. . While I may not be getting even 1.5 days, I am getting 22-24hrs. That's with an avg of 5-6. 5 SOT. . Plus, the build of the Z3V hurt my palm when I held it for more than 10 min. I can actually palm the Turbo (it's in an otterbox defender case) & that makes it way easier to hold for long periods of time, like when I'm reading from my kindle app.
    11-10-2014 09:17 PM
    Droid Maxx, since bequeathed to a relative. It was my 7th smartphone, & easily the most dependable. The modest additions Motorola made to stock Android truly enhanced its usefulness, something that I couldn't say about the previous 6.
    So why move on so early? Certainly wasn't because of anything the Maxx lacked...
    Family member broke a phone & with several upgrades available on my account, I saw an opportunity to help them out. Ok, ok... also an opportunity to get myself the latest & greatest :-).
    Was in the Verizon store half the day- wanted to give the M8, G3, Note 4, & even the new iPhone legitimate consideration. Likely would've been happy with any of them, but for my usage habits & criteria, the DT simply made the most sense.
    Agree with some previous comments that it's a modest upgrade from the Maxx, but don't consider that to be a bad thing.
    11-10-2014 09:27 PM
    Previous phone to the Turbo was a RMHD, which was still going strong and holding a charge very well. The Turbo was more of a want than a need, which I know many AC readers can understand. The Turbo has been a really nice upgrade and I am very happy with it.
    11-11-2014 08:57 AM
    My phone order is:
    Samsung Fascinate
    Droid RAZR Maxx
    Galaxy S3
    Droid DNA
    Moto X 1st gen.
    LG G3
    Back to Moto X 1st gen
    Most recently Moto X 2nd gen.
    I liked the new moto x a lot but the battery killed it for me. I couldn't even make it through the day without charging it. So far loving the Turbo

11-11-2014 11:00 AM
    Just upgraded from a Galaxy Nexus that I've had almost 3 years. Loved it, but it's been getting slower and slower over the past few months and I was getting sick of charging it twice a day.
    11-11-2014 10:58 PM
    My previous phone was the Droid 4, and before that the original Droid that started this adventure. I held out with my Droid 4 as long as I possibly could, hoping that someone would carry on the physical keyboard/slider design but I finally realized it's simply never going to happen. I still miss it... even more than the better typing and not having to look I miss not being able to see my ENTIRE screen in landscape while typing a message. The Droid Turbo is a good consolation, however. We'll see how much I miss my keyboard in 6 months.
    Rory.Gibb likes this.
    11-11-2014 11:21 PM
    The turbo is my 3rd smartphone... All have been Motorola's... Had the Droid X for about a year and a half the the Droid razr maxx for almost 3 years... Now lovin my Droid Turbo. :-)

11-11-2014 11:27 PM
    Its hard to compare the 4G here at home, I always get a week signal here, but I think they are similar. My WiFi signal seems about the same, but my WiFi speeds are definitely faster with the turbo than on the Maxx. I had 2 of them because I needed and insurance replacement, and they were both slower on wifi than the Turbo is.
    Coming from a Maxx, I'm also not overwhelmed by the Turbo. It does somethings faster which is nice. I really can't tell much of a difference in the screen, even when I compare them side by side. 1080p would have been sooooo plenty fine. No need for the 4k stuff. The camera still kinda sucks. It is a little better. Battery life was better on my Maxx. The rubbery kevlar was more grippy on the Maxx, although the rounded back on the Turbo makes it feel a little smaller in the hand. The front facing speaker is definitely better as are a few of the other new features like waving your hand over it and it recognizing you are looking at it. Overall definitely seems like an incremental improvement.
    So am I better off just waiting to upgrade until the 2015 Droid comes out? I'm not due for an upgrade until Oct 2015. I was thinking about edging up, but it seems like I might be better off waiting until the next phone comes out. Doesn't seem like there's enough of a change from the Maxx to the Turbo for it to be worth it for me to upgrade.
    11-12-2014 05:36 AM
    I had a LG g3. I have always been a Motorola fan boy and so I decided to try out the g3 for a change. I missed Motorola and what a phone to come back to. Loving it.

11-12-2014 07:07 AM
    Came from a G3. A mistake ON VZW 's part made it so my contract never extended and I was still up for an upgrade. Went the BB route and kept my unlimited and got the Turbo.

The Turbo camera is lacking in speed and low light (no OIS does kind of suck). However in every other area and am much happier with the Turbo. Speed, batt. life, a screen (I'm a sicker for the deep blacks of Amoled)
    11-12-2014 07:12 AM
    Coming from a HTC One M7. Loved that phone. Only complaint with the Turbo is it isn't as sexy as the M7 in my opinion

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    stimulatedboredom likes this.
    11-12-2014 07:53 AM
    BlueLions81- Can only speak for myself, but I would not have upgraded if that particular set of circumstances didn't exist. I'm quite happy with the Turbo, but the Maxx was (& still is) a fantastic device.
    11-12-2014 08:24 AM
    okay how about this for a switch? I traded in a LG Revolution that I had been using for almost the entire 2 years! It was so bad that if i hit the call button the delay would cause me to hit it again. Which took me to voicemail since that is where the voicemail button is on the next screen. I almost got the maxx before finding the turbo was coming out 30 Oct. I still waited until 10 Nov. hoping they were going to fix the issue of data while on a call. As far as I know they haven't but I could not stand the horrible service any longer.
    keegh likes this.
    11-12-2014 08:57 AM
    The Droid Turbo is my coming back to Motorola phone for me. I used droids since the first one Verizon came out with because we couldn't have iPhones back then. By the time there was a Verizon iPhone, I was already hooked on Droids. The Droid X2 was my last one and I felt that Motorola was falling behind in good phones, so I went with Samsung and got a Galaxy Nexus. I liked the Samsung phones or so I thought, but it was really the smoothness of stock android I was liking more. I got a Note 3 last year. I really liked the phone for a while, but I had to deal with more sluggish performance because of FailWiz. So, this year the battle was between Note 4 and Droid Turbo for me and the Droid won because of having top of the line specs while almost stock android experience. I may even keep this one for a full two years, seems pretty future proof since there are apps now trying to catch up with the qHD display.
    11-12-2014 12:25 PM
    okay how about this for a switch? I traded in a LG Revolution that I had been using for almost the entire 2 years! It was so bad that if i hit the call button the delay would cause me to hit it again. Which took me to voicemail since that is where the voicemail button is on the next screen. I almost got the maxx before finding the turbo was coming out 30 Oct. I still waited until 10 Nov. hoping they were going to fix the issue of data while on a call. As far as I know they haven't but I could not stand the horrible service any longer.
    I'm surprised you lasted that long with the revolution. I had it for maybe under a year before I switched. That phone is one big reason why idk if I'd ever give LG another chance with me.
    11-12-2014 06:10 PM
    Just listing my previous smartphones.

Droid X
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Moto X (OG)
    Droid Turbo

All Verizon, all Motorola, and up until getting the Turbo, I had always kept all of my phones at least two year before upgrading. When I brought up wanting to upgrade our Moto X's before we even had them a year I got a look. Liked every phone, but the Razr Maxx was probably the one that I liked the least, and it was the one I used the longest.
    11-12-2014 07:21 PM
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5s
    iPhone 6 Plus (sold on eBay)
    Current: Droid Turbo 64GB
    11-12-2014 07:42 PM
    My order from newest to oldest:

Droid Turbo (as of last night!)
    HTC One M7
    HTC Droid DNA
    HTC Rezound
    Moto OG Droid
    Palm Treo 700

I also picked up a RMHD off EBay so as of right now I have four working phones (RMHD, DNA, M7, Turbo).

I loved my M7 and I'm missing Sense and Boomsound a bit but wanted to try something new, and I'm really liking this phone so far, especially the battery life and the bigger screen... and the 64gb of storage, and the XLTE capability, and the super-smooth operation....etc! So far no issues with call volume or any of the other concerns that have been raised here.

BTW, I'm finding this version of the Android keyboard every bit as good as Swype, which I've been using for years. 😁

Posted via the Turbo
    11-15-2014 11:31 AM
    Long time BB user here....Storm 9350, Storm 2 9550, Torch 9850, Z10, Z30. Traded in my Z30, which I loved, to Early Edge for the Turbo. I've been tempted by the last few Moto phones and finally pulled the trigger on this one. Also, I wanted to get a real 'hands on' with Android to see what it's all about. Now I need to learn all the ins and outs to get the most out of Android like I did with BB...

11-16-2014 04:08 AM
    Newest to oldest:
    Droid turbo 64gb
    HTC droid DNA
    HTC evo 4g
    Palm pre
    Lg musiq
    Lg fusiq
    Motorola i860
    Motorola i730
    Motorola i90
    The Nokia that everyone had with snake
    The original Motorola star TAC.

11-16-2014 05:41 AM
    Newest to Oldest:
    Droid Turbo 64GB
    Moto X (2013) 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Droid Incredible
    Some LG phone (can't remember what it was)
    Motorola KRZR
    11-16-2014 01:02 PM
    I went from a GS2 to a Apple 5 to a 32g Apple 5S, all on Sprint to a Motorola Droid Turbo 64g on Verizon.
    11-16-2014 04:22 PM
    Smartphones that came after the flip phones:
    BlackBerry 8700g (loved this phone and made me a BB fan for life)
    HTC MyTouch4G (my first Android)
    HTC Amaze4G (replaced the MyTouch via insurance after falling off a 6' ladder and shattering the display)
    Motorola Droid Turbo 32GB Ballistic Nylon. I do have the nifty little Verizon Case (with the prop stand built in) and Holster for it.

caveat: I still desire an iPhone 6Plus and a new BlackBerry...but Verizon just isn't supporting BB much to my chargrin, and the iPhone6 Plus was out of stock, so I jumped on the Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon 32GB. Pretty Decent phone...and I must admit I'm not a huge Android fan, but this is much better than on either of my HTC phones. I've had the old "monster" mid 90's Motorola, a Motorola Star-Tac flip phone, and now the DROID TURBO. Now that I seem to have the low volume issues solved, I can say that all my Motorola Phones had stellar phone-call sound quality. I just tweaked my audio by removing the Voice Privacy setting, and wow. Very nice. I do wish the display looked brighter while in the sunlight. I've had the Turbo since Nov 5th.

I returned to Verizon after dumping T-Mobile after almost 8 years because I got tired of paying for T Mobiles crummy coverage and terrible signal when there was coverage.
    11-16-2014 06:06 PM
    I'm coming from the Note 2 then 3 then I had the 4 for 10 days before I realized I wanted a change. I'm loving the pure Android experience.
    How is the screen. Did it take u awhile to get adjusted to the smaller screen? I have a Note 3 right now. I kind of want a smaller phone.
    11-16-2014 08:17 PM
152 12345 ...