12-30-2014 07:57 AM
152 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I ordered my 32 GB Ballistic Nylon Droid Turbo yesterday and it should be here Wednesday. Even though I don't have it yet, my phone prior to the Turbo is the iPhone 5. Can't wait for the Droid Turbo to come in!!!
    11-16-2014 10:32 PM
    my phone past phones before the turbo:
    iPhone 5s [1 week] > Moto X (2014) [2 weeks] > G3 [4 weeks] > Galaxy S5 [6 weeks] > HTC One (M7) > Moto X (2013)
    11-17-2014 05:07 PM
    I was a bit old school. I was rocking the Droid Bionic for 4 years due to holding on to unlimited data. Finally gave up on that and passed the Bionic to my son for Wi-Fi use at home. Frankly I'm amazed by the speed of the Turbo after switching from the Bionic.
    11-20-2014 09:02 AM
    In order

Blackberry Storm
    Motorola Q9M
    Droid X
    Galaxy Nexus
    Droid (Nexus Broke)
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Nexus (again)
    iPhone 4 (had for 1 week)
    RAZR M
    LG G2
    Droid Turbo 64 GB (as of tomorrow)

I really loved the Nexus but the damn thing kept breaking. Screen, charging port, power button. I love the build of Motorola phones. I'm going to miss the knock code on the LG but I'm looking forward to a Droid again.
    11-20-2014 11:23 PM
    Samsung Galaxy 5 (2011)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (2012)
    Motorola moto x 1Style gen (2013)
    11-21-2014 06:42 AM
    Turbo
    DNA
    HTC Evo Shift
    Palm Pre
    a bunch of other cell phones that were not "smart" even though they had data and internet access

The DNA was briefly the flagship when I bought it two years ago, with the "best specs" at the time, and if memory serves, the first 1080 screen. Despite some minor issues it was and is a very good phone imo. It's funny how much smart phones have changed in two years but also how much they haven't. I'd have kept right on with the DNA but the battery wasn't hanging in there with any kind of heavy use - a big let down when traveling.

I fired up my Evo Shift to trade in for $100 off my Turbo. (Verizon refused to take it even though it was in perfect condition, but that's another story). Playing with it I realized I still have a soft spot for a good physical keyboard. I guess that makes me a throwback.
    11-21-2014 09:12 AM
    Droid Turbo
    Droid Maxx
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy Fascinate
    Blackberry Storm
    Phone w/physical slide keyboard
    Samsung flip phone

sent turbo fast
    11-21-2014 01:57 PM
    I went from:
    Incredible 2 --> DNA --> BN Turbo

Didn't quite have my DNA for two years, but I used someone else's upgrade in my family in order to keep my unlimited data. Between the battery going downhill quickly, the SIM card issue, and the fact that it would periodically decide that it wouldn't connect to mobile data and stay that way for hours (sometimes even after a reboot), it was time to change.

The odd part is that from my first impressions so far, the 21MP camera on my Turbo looks no better than the 8MP on my DNA - I blame the camera interface and its inability to focus (I currently use the drag-to-focus-where-you-want mode).
    11-21-2014 02:19 PM
    We're sticks in the mud, just upgraded to Turbo from the original Droid, after 6+ years. (Really not up for changing phones every year or two...) It's great how familiar the Turbo seems, while also an order of magnitude better in every way.

Actually we had settled on the MotoX due to all its advance press, then by the time we went to buy them the Turbo was out too, surprise, with promotions making it the same cost (or ess, with equal RAM). Having imprinted on the X, the Turbo seemed "ugly" at first; after a week I think it looks perfectly nice.
    11-21-2014 05:22 PM
    Droid X....Droid RAZR....Droid Maxx...and now the Turbo.....all have been great phones.....but I have Not...and Never Will own an iPhone!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Stratman Rick likes this.
    11-22-2014 09:02 PM
    Technically, my two year contract is up next February, at which point I will have moved from a Razr M (original phone on contract), to a Galaxy S3, to a Droid Maxx (2013 version, which is still a great phone).
    I'm assuming the Droid Turbo will be cheaper by then; what with me being a student and all, I can't afford and really don't need the latest and greatest model. The only thing holding me back from definitely saying yes to the turbo is the cost of the contract, I may be forced to switch to a cheaper carrier :/
    11-23-2014 12:08 PM
    HTC ONE (M7) for me. The only thing I miss about the One is the premium design and stereo speakers, but I'm very happy with the Turbo so far.

My One started to get the infamous purple camera hue, along with the phone just shutting down at around 20% - 30% battery. I stopped by Verizon and was offered the Turbo early upgrade for no additional cost, or I might have gone M8.

But after seeing the specs and the amazing screen and battery, I'm glad I got the Turbo.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2014 05:50 PM
    came from the nokia Icon, and before that nokia 822, yes i'm a windows fan.
    this is my first android phone. I'm digging the turbo and its interesting learning the android os.
    my first impression is that WP8.1 is smoother and more tied together as a system than android. scrolling on the turbo makes it feel laggy sometimes.
    the camera on my lumia was amazing, the turbo camera is not even close even though they are both 20 megapixel.
    but the app ecosystem blows windows away, apps for everything. android is starting to grow on me, google, well not so much.
    i'm not complaining, just stating what I noticed so far. overall i'm pleased with my turbo.
    11-23-2014 08:49 PM
    Casio Commando to a Razr Max HD and now the Turbo.
    11-23-2014 09:24 PM
    just picked up my BN 64gb turbo today, Prior in order was

Razr M
    Droid 2 Global
    HTC Fuse
    HTC Tytn 2 "tilt"
    HTC Tytn

Also had a few other phones on other lines such as the
    Motorola Rokr
    Motorola 720c
    Nokia 282
    and my 1st noika 918

lol loving my turbo tho.
    11-24-2014 11:37 PM
    1080p would have been sooooo plenty fine. No need for the 4k stuff.
    Quad HD means 2K, not 4K. There are no 4K phones yet, and wouldn't make much sense anyway.
    11-25-2014 02:38 PM
    Droid Turbo
    Moto X 1st gen
    Galaxy Nexus
    Droid Bionic
    Droid Incredible
    11-25-2014 04:02 PM
    I had a Galaxy Nexus from release date. I had been updating it with Shiny Rom and it was great for almost 3 years other than battery life. The Turbo is amazing so far though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I just traded my GN in too, and same thing. Battery life was abysmal. THIS thing, OTOH....WOW

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2014 04:19 PM
    Droid 0 (now a clock/alarm/music device) to the Droid 4 (destroyed) to the Droid Turbo (nylon, 32G).
    Was on the old VzW 'unlimited' data plan, went to the 10G 'More Everything' which is basically 'unlimited' data based on prior use, and it's cheaper. Trying to get used to not having a hardware keyboard!
    11-25-2014 04:46 PM
    Droid X
    HTC Droid DNA
    IPhone 4S (work phone)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (work phone)
    Droid Turbo

The Droid X was a decent smart phone to start with. The Ni-Ca battery was horrible though, went through 3 of them over a little less than 2 years. The DNA was my phone until last week when I got my Turbo. It was an underrated and overlooked phone that was the HTC One V 1.0. Great phone, only complaint was 16gb is nothing when it comes to storage. I had an iPhone with my previous employer. It was horrible, hated every minute of having it. My new employer offered me the S4,which is a good phone, have no issues with it. Can say that if I owned a Samsung I'd have to root it, can stand their "version" of Android. Then here I am with my Turbo. Love this phone (64gb BN) and have nothing but good things to say about it. Just waiting for a decent case to come onto the market. I'm waiting for Diztronic or Seidio to come out with theirs.
    11-25-2014 05:04 PM
    Blackberry Curve
    Motorola Droid
    iPhone 4
    Droid Bionic
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Droid DNA
    Droid Maxx
    Droid Turbo

As you can see, I'm a Droid fan
    11-26-2014 08:47 AM
    They're all in my siggy. Including the iPhones.
    11-26-2014 08:49 AM
    Qualcomm PDQ
    Some other Sprint-branded smartphone (maybe a Kyocera)
    B& W Treo
    Color Treo
    Sony Ericsson t68
    Sony Ericsson t610
    Blackberry 7100
    HTC Windows Phone
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3Gs
    HTC Evo
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy S3
    Note 2
    Note 3
    Droid Turbo
    11-26-2014 09:37 AM
    My Dad came from his first smartphone, a Droid Razr. Major difference there in performance.
    11-26-2014 11:59 PM
    Coming from a Droid Maxx, and a Droid 2 before that. So far I'm loving the Turbo, not that I expected anything less.
    11-27-2014 01:49 AM
152 ... 23456 ...