DROID TURBO: What was your prior phone?

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Prior phone

I had been rolling with the iPhone for the last few years, just wasn't that worried about it. Then in August I got irritated with how cocky Apple is and how expensive the 6 would have been. So I bought the Samsung GS5. Liked that phone, but got the turbo Friday. Now that I am all in for Android, I need the latest and greatest!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Galaxy S5 and I'm glad its gone. One of the worst phones I've had on years but not the worst ever. That goes to the Blackberry Storm... Gross

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Ha...I had the BB Storm as well!

I'm actually coming from an S4, though to be honest I didn't have any real complaints about it...it was just time for an upgrade. Overall I wasn't a huge fan of Touchwiz, but there were some elements of it I liked....For example I do miss the TW notification shade with the quick toggles.

At first I thought I'd miss the LED notification indicator, but right now I'm on the fence as to whether I like that or the Moto Display better...I guess each as their own merits.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Razr Maxx HD was my previous phone. I'm as excited with the new Turbo as I was 2 years ago with the RMHD. So far so good.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
My smartphone progression

Palm Treo 650
Blackberry 8830
Palm Pre
Samsung Epic4g Slider
Samsung Galaxy S3

And they are all in working order. Even the Treo. ;)

I get the Turbo Thursday morning. I cannot wait!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Ha...I had the BB Storm as well!

I'm actually coming from an S4, though to be honest I didn't have any real complaints about it...it was just time for an upgrade. Overall I wasn't a huge fan of Touchwiz, but there were some elements of it I liked....For example I do miss the TW notification shade with the quick toggles.

At first I thought I'd miss the LED notification indicator, but right now I'm on the fence as to whether I like that or the Moto Display better...I guess each as their own merits.
The Storm was so bad that Verizon sent me a Tour when it came out free of charge. I couldn't believe how bad that device was.

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

The Storm was so bad that Verizon sent me a Tour when it came out free of charge. I couldn't believe how bad that device was.

BlackBerry really screwed the pooch with the Storm, it was a rushed attempt at an iPhone killer and I think was the start of the downfall of BlackBerry.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Razr Maxx HD was my previous phone. I'm as excited with the new Turbo as I was 2 years ago with the RMHD. So far so good.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.

Very encouraging for me, a RMHD owner. I have to wait until December 1st to get my Turbo because I want to buy it via Verizon's EDGE program and they won't let me until my contract expires.

Karl Turbo

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a 3 yr old Droid Bionic that barely operated. :confused: At times it took up to a minute to respond, I often missed calls because the "phone" was too confused to answer the call no matter how frantically I swiped at the screen.

I love my new Turbo obviously as I have nothing to compare it to. Having apps open instantaneously and the sensing features are just awesome compared to what I was used to.

I do have a defective unit that I'm waiting for a few days to replace - the speaker-phone, audio speaker buzzes/ is fuzzy sounding - it's internally detached or blown.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Before the Droid Turbo, in order, starting with the most recent:

Sony Xperia Z3v
LG G3
Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 2
Apple iPhone 4s (yuck)
LG Spectrum
Droid 2 Global
Motorola Droid
Blackberry Tour
Blackberry Storm (hahaha)
etc. etc. etc.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Droid turbo
Lumia icon/
HTC m7
Lumia 928/
RAZR m
Note 2
Lumia 8...
Galaxy nexus
RAZR HD
Droid RAZR Maxx
Droid RAZR
Galaxy s3 somewhere in there

Hello my name is donebrasko and I am a phone ***** (junkie)

Posted via the Android Central App

dmmngs2

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I was an apple junkie
Droid incredible
Back to apple
HTC one m7
Then came the Z3v. I really liked that phone.. A lot! . But the all glass back, lack of cases available, & the fact that the camera would overheat after a few min using some of the installed camera features made it a no go. Plus, I was only able to eek out 14hours (haha) of battery with 4/4.5 SOT. . While the camera ran hot, it took (imo) really good photos. The shutter speed is the only thing I'm not liking on the Turbo, I have two small kids so it does make it hard to capture them. . I'm loving the almost stock Android UI of the Turbo. . While I may not be getting even 1.5 days, I am getting 22-24hrs. That's with an avg of 5-6. 5 SOT. . Plus, the build of the Z3V hurt my palm when I held it for more than 10 min. I can actually palm the Turbo (it's in an otterbox defender case) & that makes it way easier to hold for long periods of time, like when I'm reading from my kindle app.

Last edited:

bluemoongreg

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Droid Maxx, since bequeathed to a relative. It was my 7th smartphone, & easily the most dependable. The modest additions Motorola made to stock Android truly enhanced its usefulness, something that I couldn't say about the previous 6.
So why move on so early? Certainly wasn't because of anything the Maxx lacked...
Family member broke a phone & with several upgrades available on my account, I saw an opportunity to help them out. Ok, ok... also an opportunity to get myself the latest & greatest :).
Was in the Verizon store half the day- wanted to give the M8, G3, Note 4, & even the new iPhone legitimate consideration. Likely would've been happy with any of them, but for my usage habits & criteria, the DT simply made the most sense.
Agree with some previous comments that it's a modest upgrade from the Maxx, but don't consider that to be a bad thing.

Bob-B

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Previous phone to the Turbo was a RMHD, which was still going strong and holding a charge very well. The Turbo was more of a want than a need, which I know many AC readers can understand. The Turbo has been a really nice upgrade and I am very happy with it.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
My phone order is:
Samsung Fascinate
Droid RAZR Maxx
Galaxy S3
Droid DNA
Moto X 1st gen.
LG G3
Back to Moto X 1st gen
Most recently Moto X 2nd gen.
I liked the new moto x a lot but the battery killed it for me. I couldn't even make it through the day without charging it. So far loving the Turbo

mmmpopfanatic

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded from a Galaxy Nexus that I've had almost 3 years. Loved it, but it's been getting slower and slower over the past few months and I was getting sick of charging it twice a day.

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My previous phone was the Droid 4, and before that the original Droid that started this adventure. I held out with my Droid 4 as long as I possibly could, hoping that someone would carry on the physical keyboard/slider design but I finally realized it's simply never going to happen. I still miss it... even more than the better typing and not having to look I miss not being able to see my ENTIRE screen in landscape while typing a message. The Droid Turbo is a good consolation, however. We'll see how much I miss my keyboard in 6 months.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The turbo is my 3rd smartphone... All have been Motorola's... Had the Droid X for about a year and a half the the Droid razr maxx for almost 3 years... Now lovin my Droid Turbo. :)

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Its hard to compare the 4G here at home, I always get a week signal here, but I think they are similar. My WiFi signal seems about the same, but my WiFi speeds are definitely faster with the turbo than on the Maxx. I had 2 of them because I needed and insurance replacement, and they were both slower on wifi than the Turbo is.

Coming from a Maxx, I'm also not overwhelmed by the Turbo. It does somethings faster which is nice. I really can't tell much of a difference in the screen, even when I compare them side by side. 1080p would have been sooooo plenty fine. No need for the 4k stuff. The camera still kinda sucks. It is a little better. Battery life was better on my Maxx. The rubbery kevlar was more grippy on the Maxx, although the rounded back on the Turbo makes it feel a little smaller in the hand. The front facing speaker is definitely better as are a few of the other new features like waving your hand over it and it recognizing you are looking at it. Overall definitely seems like an incremental improvement.

So am I better off just waiting to upgrade until the 2015 Droid comes out? I'm not due for an upgrade until Oct 2015. I was thinking about edging up, but it seems like I might be better off waiting until the next phone comes out. Doesn't seem like there's enough of a change from the Maxx to the Turbo for it to be worth it for me to upgrade.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a LG g3. I have always been a Motorola fan boy and so I decided to try out the g3 for a change. I missed Motorola and what a phone to come back to. Loving it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon