DROID TURBO: What was your prior phone?

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Prior phone

How is the screen. Did it take u awhile to get adjusted to the smaller screen? I have a Note 3 right now. I kind of want a smaller phone.

Actually it wasn't that difficult to adjust to a smaller screen. I actually like that I can do everything one-handed! I wouldn't want to go any smaller than 5.2" though. I haven't held a Nexus 6 yet but I'm curious to see how that feels.

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Motorola Droid razr maxx (XT912), before that I had the BlackBerry curve, before that I had the BlackBerry I don't remember and before that was the motorola Kzar.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Razr Maxx HD. (EDIT) Good, reliable phone, but I'm ready for a big step up to the Turbo.

I did consider other phones, but to me this is the sweet spot between the Moto X & Nexus 6, has superior specs in general to the LG G3 & HTC One M8, and it isn't weighed down by the Note 4's TouchWiz.

D-day (actually 'DT' day) is tomorrow, can't wait!

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I can never seem to carry just one phone. I am still rocking an iPhone 6+ and the DT.. My main number is on the iPhone but may switch it to the DT.I love this phone

Posted via the Android Central App

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I can never seem to carry just one phone. I am still rocking an iPhone 6+ and the DT.. My main number is on the iPhone but may switch it to the DT.I love this phone

Posted via the Android Central App

I haven't seen anyone have and love both the 6+ & DT at the same time - how do they compare? I mean in terms of practical, daily use and functionality, anyone can go elsewhere to compare their specs.

Jamo319

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My 3 generations of Droids family photo. Started with the Motorola Droid X 4 years ago. Then I got the Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx 2 years ago. Just got my Droid Turbo last week. Loving this thing so far. I've been using the Droid X as a small gaming tablet for my 6 year old son and he's now begging for the HD Maxx. I can't decide what to do with it though. I might just use it for storage b/c it has 48 gigs with the SD card in it. I also thought about using it as a guinea pig. I've never rooted a phone and it my be a good place to start. Any opinions?
P1420847.jpgP1420848.jpg

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
My 3 generations of Droids family photo. Started with the Motorola Droid X 4 years ago. Then I got the Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx 2 years ago. Just got my Droid Turbo last week. Loving this thing so far. I've been using the Droid X as a small gaming tablet for my 6 year old son and he's now begging for the HD Maxx. I can't decide what to do with it though. I might just use it for storage b/c it has 48 gigs with the SD card in it. I also thought about using it as a guinea pig. I've never rooted a phone and it my be a good place to start. Any opinions?

That's my exact history also, nice! I'm sadly saying goodbye to my Droid X as part of the DT's $100 trade in promotion.

Good idea to gain some experience with rooting, go for it! It's the way to go, and hopefully a method will be discovered for the DT soon.

Jamo319

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That's my exact history also, nice! I'm sadly saying goodbye to my Droid X as part of the DT's $100 trade in promotion.

Good idea to gain some experience with rooting, go for it! It's the way to go, and hopefully a method will be discovered for the DT soon.
I've always been a Motorola fan. I was going to jump on the Nexus 6 but I got the 64GB turbo on Black Friday for $150 and because I ordered it through Comcast, they will be sending me a $200 Visa gift card. I'm still not sure about the durability of the nylon back so I may need to get a case. Maxx HD never spent 1 day in a case. Toughest thing I've ever owned.

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Moto Droid RAZR HD. Very satisfied with the Turbo 64GB turbo so far. Haven't taken any photos or videos with it yet. Based on numerous reviews I've read, the camera on the phone is lacking. No biggie for me.

I was very hesitant to get this phone initially. It had no external storage, something I (once) swore would automatically disqualify any smartphone. Also, there was no dedicated notification lamp. But I got the Turbo anyways, and am more than happy with the phone and I'm not missing those two features in any way now.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Droid Turbo
Droid DNA
HTC Evo 4G.
iPhone 3s
iPaq

So far no complaints with the Droid Turbo, but it has only been 2 days.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone have and love both the 6+ & DT at the same time - how do they compare? I mean in terms of practical, daily use and functionality, anyone can go elsewhere to compare their specs.

For me it is just a matter of Family.. My entire family is 1000% Apple and with one daughter away at college and Face-Time is the best way to reach her and my wife doing family group imessages all day. It would be almost impossible fro me to abandon Apple... Plus, I have a MacBook Air and an Ipad that I use daily... So Apple for me just makes sense... As far as the DT, I love the battery life, I love the look and the Ballistic Black backing.. My business is moving to Google and Android for almost everything, so I will be needing the full Google experience for my work.

So, I guess it is more lifestyle for me. I need them both and I get very bored with phones very quickly, so the new DT is great today but I did see someone rocking a Nexus 6 the other day, so stay tuned.... LOL

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

RAZR MAXX HD. Upgraded to the Droid Turbo 64 yesterday.

So what are people doing with their old phones? I suppose I can keep the Razr Maxx HD and use it as a music player. Maybe I'll root it for fun :)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

RAZR MAXX HD. Upgraded to the Droid Turbo 64 yesterday.

So what are people doing with their old phones? I suppose I can keep the Razr Maxx HD and use it as a music player. Maybe I'll root it for fun :)

Also had the Maxx HD before the Turbo. I turned off data, bluetooth, wifi, etc. and keep mine charged in another room. I can always use it as another email or internet browsing device. I like the root for fun idea.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Original Droid Incredible, Galaxy Nexus (hated it, had a lemon), Droid Bionic (loved it!), HTC 8X Windows phone (loved it!), Droid Ultra (great phone!), now Turbo.
So far I think I like it. It's lagging on Zooper Widget for me for some reason (?) But love this screen and the 64GB.

Mattressinsptr

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the LG G2 and the S3 before that.. I was lucky enough to have an employee account and I got a 9 month early upgrade for 99.00 for the 64 gb model. Sending back the LG G2 for 100.00 . Great deal.. Love my new Droid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc