Every time someone leaves me a voice mail I get an annoying "set up your Visual Voice Mail" prompt. I don't want Visual Voice Mail. Once the prompt comes up, there is no way to dismiss it, and the "back" button doesn't work. I have to continue like I'm going to install it then reject the licensing agreement. I don't see it in the app list to disable. Anyone know how to get rid of this?
    bethpn likes this.
    11-07-2014 09:39 PM
    Sorry, I just looked at my phone... And my app doesn't bug me about but it did...
    11-07-2014 09:52 PM
    Every time someone leaves me a voice mail I get an annoying "set up your Visual Voice Mail" prompt. I don't want Visual Voice Mail. Once the prompt comes up, there is no way to dismiss it, and the "back" button doesn't work. I have to continue like I'm going to install it then reject the licensing agreement. I don't see it in the app list to disable. Anyone know how to get rid of this?
    It is in your apps. FWIW, I felt the same way until I actually tried it and found it a huge improvement in every way. I chose the basic free version but for anyone with high volume of voicemail the Premium version might be worth it.

You can still call your Voicemail as always (*86) or put a shortcut on a home page and setup as you wish by calling - or - you can do it in the new app in its settings. The two methods are synced so what you do in one will be mirrored in the other although, I've no idea how reliable this is or whether it's simultaneous or delayed.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-07-2014 10:27 PM
    It is in your apps. FWIW, I felt the same way until I actually tried it and found it a huge improvement in every way. I chose the basic free version but for anyone with high volume of voicemail the Premium version might be worth it.

You can still call your Voicemail as always (*86) or put a shortcut on a home page and setup as you wish by calling - or - you can do it in the new app in its settings. The two methods are synced so what you do in one will be mirrored in the other although, I've no idea how reliable this is or whether it's simultaneous or delayed.
    I went ahead and activated the free basic version as well and like it so far. One issue though is I no longer get a notification when I receive a voicemail. I show a missed call but no voicemail alert at all. If I look at the voicemail app icon it has a number showing how many I have but I could go a while without thinking to look. I usually turn my phone off at night, so I have to manually check now to see if I received a message while the phone was off. The settings show default notification sound and vibrate but this does not happen.
    11-10-2014 11:29 AM
    Google Voice VM for the win.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:34 AM
    You can also call verizon and they will disable it for you.
    11-10-2014 03:30 PM
    The voice mail prompt for listening to each voice mail includes the phone # who left the message and the time of the message. This seems to last at least 10 seconds, is there a way to bypass this voice mail prompting for each message. Can I just hear the message please?
    11-10-2014 06:43 PM
    The voice mail prompt for listening to each voice mail includes the phone # who left the message and the time of the message. This seems to last at least 10 seconds, is there a way to bypass this voice mail prompting for each message. Can I just hear the message please?
    That's the beauty of the new VVM app - messages are downloaded to your phone and can be instantly listened to, saved & deleted with zero delay as in the legacy voicemail. If you should opt for the Premiere version (I don't), the 1st 45 seconds of the messages is actually transcribed & can be read as well as listened to.
    11-10-2014 07:43 PM
    You can remove all of the prompts you don't want to hear by going into your voice mail administrative options. First select personal options, then administrative options, etc. If I recall, you will want to select express prompts or something to that effect. You can also remove the annoying prompts that the person calling you hears.
    Robert Jordan1 and dmark44 like this.
    11-10-2014 08:00 PM
    Thanks, that did it..
    11-10-2014 08:32 PM
    OK, but I still want to know why you no longer receive any notifications that you have a new voicemail once you activate VVM?
    11-10-2014 09:06 PM
    Same here. I haven't used Verizon's voicemail service in some years. Switched mine over to google. Especially now with the recent Hangouts updates it's never been better.
    11-10-2014 09:20 PM
    OK, but I still want to know why you no longer receive any notifications that you have a new voicemail once you activate VVM?
    Go into your Moto app & select options (gear icon) - check the list of apps to get notification on & be sure it's selected.
    11-11-2014 10:29 AM
    Go into your Moto app & select options (gear icon) - check the list of apps to get notification on & be sure it's selected.
    Tried this too. Still no voicemail notifications. Is everyone else who set up Basic Visual Voice mail get notifications that the voicemail has been received?
    11-15-2014 11:14 PM
    Rather embarrassing, but I figured it out. Went into Settings/Apps and in the Voicemail app the "Show Notifications" box was unchecked. I checked it and now get voicemail notifications.
    maxman1 likes this.
    11-16-2014 09:49 PM
    i don't want visual voicemail and i am still getting the prompts to activate it after someone leaves me a voicemail.

how can you get rid of this 100%?
    05-13-2015 09:42 PM
    For those of you who are using the free basic visual voicemail for verizon, do you know if it works on the HTC One M8? Any info. or experience would be appreciated. Thanks!
    06-03-2015 09:55 AM
    Can't anyone answer the OP's question? I just started having the same issue.
    06-09-2015 07:34 PM
    Agreed.

I'm loving Lollipop because Google Voice would never activate on my Turbo running KitKat. Every other phone worked though. Verizon VVM is okay but I'm pretty Google centric now a days.
    07-03-2015 04:59 AM
    Yes this was intrusive and uninvited, tried to get rid of it. Then I realized all the VM are displayed, and quickly administered, and...no...30 second intro...so I said, ok fine...thanks VVM...
    Davidoo likes this.
    11-02-2015 04:02 PM