Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo WiFi and data usage concurrently?

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: WiFi and data usage concurrently?

No, that's the point; even if I'm connected to wifi, the wifi data used adds to my total mobile data used. I talked to a Verizon rep and he said it's a known issue and a software issue is coming. He gave me 5 GBs free to get me through the period.

Bryan Pulley

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Any new developments anyone? I have burned 4gb in half a month because of what I believe to be the same issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Just use Tasker and create a profile that disconnects your data connection when you're on WiFi. The "Exit Task" would be to establish a data connection once you leave your wifi.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Just use Tasker and create a profile that disconnects your data connection when you're on WiFi. The "Exit Task" would be to establish a data connection once you leave your wifi.

Note that Verizon Visual Voicemail won't work at all while mobile data is turned off.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

There is a software update coming down which, for me at least, seems to have solved the problem. Unfortunately, Verizon doesn't mention whether the problem was specifically addressed, but so far it's looking good.

Somedude777

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
From what I've gathered, TONS of people are having this problem and no... it is not normal. If you have the issue, call Verizon immediatly and they WILL comp your overages.

I was told it was likely a bad batch of phones by Moto and the recent update that was send out should fix it.

I raped my entire data 3x faster and am still a little worried even after the update. My cycle ends tomorrow so I will be able to get a better gauge on it in a week but very frustrating to need to make a rule on my Turbo to turn data on and off according to WiFi being on or off. Text do not work. I am using all the data I could possibly want until tomorrow because its free. Verizon seemed like they didnt know what I was talking about at first, but before sending me to teir 2, they got back on the phone and said yup, people are having this issue and we will cover overages. Good luck. This phone is SICK other than that issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
What is the little triangle that is in the WiFi symbol? I'm having trouble connecting to WiFi.

If you are describing what I think you are describing, there are two, one pointing up, and one pointing down, showing that there is activity on WiFi. One is data sent, one is data received. (I think the one at the top pointing up is data sent.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo