Problems with Textra

SloMo

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having problems with hearing the notification when a SMS or MMS is received on Textra? I'm using a Droid Turbo and I have checked the box for the notification sound (Default Droid turbo sound) and to vibrate always. When I receive a SMS or MMS it only vibrates no sound.

The sound notification works on Verizon Messages, stock SMS app and in hangouts. For some reason there is no sound notification for Textra.

I have a feeling it might be my droid Turbo since my sound notification goes out on all the email intermittently. But it is strange that when the sound goes out on the email, the sound still works for SMS and MMS except when using Textra.

I have made sure the volume level for notification is at max but it still does not work. Then all of a sudden it wills tart to work again. It will also work again after a restart.

Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you go into system settings > sounds, is the volume for notifications raised all the way up? Also, make sure you are not accidentally lowering the global volume levels by pressing volume down at any point when using the phone.

SloMo

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have confirmed the levels are at the max level. I have a feeling that my Droid Turbo is defective. I have also done a master reset and the Textra notification sounds still do not work.

It would help if someone who uses Textra could confirm if the notification sounds work for them. Then it would be a good bet that it is defective.

Obviously Im still withing the 14 day return period so Ill see if I can exchange it. If not, I guess I have no choice then to return it, cancel the edge and then buy it at another store. Hopefully it wont come down to that.

SloMo

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok another weird find.....seems like if you send yourself a message to yourself in Textra there is no sound notification regardless of the setting (at least in my case). When I sent a message from my other phone the notification came through. Maybe someone can confirm this as well?

On all of the other apps the sound notification came through regardless.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
If your screen is on you won't get a sound because the app and phone know your looking at it. Only when the screen is off do you get the sounds

vidaboa

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
There are many problems concerning Kit Kat.
A lot of apps are not running, working well on kit kat!
Namely: Timely clock, Textra, SMS blockers, Agendas, it's very, very strange!

Textra is putting the conversation with the same person on differents topics.
I send a message to my friend and I receive the answer on another "topic", a new conversation,
as if it was "another person" sending a message.

My phone: Xperia Z3 compact. Android Kit Kat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca