01-26-2015 05:20 PM
84 1234
tools
    I had the .3 as well. Stay away from it.
    12-22-2014 02:16 PM
    I have been emailing back and forth with iVoler sending detailed images of the issues i have with their .3mm protector. They are more than willing to refund or replace and ive asked for a .2mm as a replacement seeing how most have way better success with it.
    12-23-2014 12:14 AM
    Paid the 3$ difference and got the .2 and hot damn perfect fit.....
    cbironman24 likes this.
    12-24-2014 06:24 PM
    Other then the Halo on the edges its a decent protector after a week. I'm hoping for Zagg Glass soon but at least I'm able to put my phone in my pocket without a care in the world.
    12-25-2014 02:18 AM
    Paid the 3$ difference and got the .2 and hot damn perfect fit.....
    how? Who did you pay?
    12-25-2014 07:27 AM
    It's interesting that there are so many different user experiences between the Tempered Glass screen protectors offered by VZW, Extreme Guard, and (now) iVoler. My VZW got the job done, but the fitment was poor (seemed way too small for the phone), and I had a small visual defect on the edge where I had to re-lift and adjust to get a dust bubble out.

This morning, I finally got around to installing the Extreme Guard (1/3 of what I paid for the VZW), which has been very polarizing with many both loving and disliking it. I am in the latter camp here. Fitment was far better than the VZW. Perfect adhesion and positioning on the very first application attempt, and daaaang, that thing is way thicker than the VZW. Make me feel like my phone is practically armored.

The iVoler is so far getting mostly positive comments, so I've put it on my wish list in the event I run into any problems with the Extreme Guard (though I don't expect to). I wonder if the different experiences with all of these products are differences in the products themselves (not all being created equal), user expectation-slash-installation, or a combination of each?
    12-25-2014 09:03 AM
    Dropped my phone (again). This time I had the iVoler on. It knocked a very fine chip off one of the edges. You can see it but can barely feel it. I'm surprised it didn't shatter - it's soooo thin.

Sidenote: Overall I continue to be surprised by the toughness of the Turbo. Over the course of a year I dropped my Turbo twice. I've dropped my turbo at least 4-5 times.
    dungoyle likes this.
    12-25-2014 09:20 AM
    how? Who did you pay?
    They gave me a Amazon gift card as a refund and I paid the difference on Amazon.
    12-25-2014 09:40 AM
    So I'm going to ask a question that, yes, will seem very dumb to some, but the dumbest questions are the ones not asked, so I hope someone can shed some light for me.

I've seen several threads on this. What is a tempered glass screen protector? I have always just gotten a clear sticker type from Verizon and slapped it on the Droid 4, Maxx, etc. What is the difference between those and tempered glass? Is tempered glass better? Does it make the screen darker or something?

Again I really don't know and this is the first I've ever heard of it. I've traditionally just used the aforementioned clear screen protector and an Otterbox Defender case, but if a tempered glass protector is something I should consider, I most definitely would.

Thank you for understanding and any explanations you can provide.
    12-25-2014 12:40 PM
    It is a thin piece of actual glass, slightly flexible. Tempered means it's designed to shatter like a windshield where it doesn't actually break into small pieces but actually stays formed together.

The self adhesive sticky ones, or the wet mount ones, while still protecting the screen actually accumulate scratches fairly quickly. The tempered glass ones actually are pretty scratch resistant. Based on the ones I've used they truly feel like you're sliding your finger across a glass screen

Posted via the Android Central App
    Moo Cow likes this.
    12-25-2014 01:11 PM
    It is a thin piece of actual glass, slightly flexible. Tempered means it's designed to shatter like a windshield where it doesn't actually break into small pieces but actually stays formed together.

The self adhesive sticky ones, or the wet mount ones, while still protecting the screen actually accumulate scratches fairly quickly. The tempered glass ones actually are pretty scratch resistant. Based on the ones I've used they truly feel like you're sliding your finger across a glass screen

So it looks like I'll be investing in these then based on your description, which I truly do appreciate. I have an Otterbox and between it, the plastic cover, and the screen itself, no scratches. But, I pay the money for the phone, and a little up front for long term protection always works. And I'm willing to do more to ensure that.

This thread seems to be one of the most "You should get this one" types which is why I asked here. I will look into my options but have bookmarked this thread.

Thanks again.
    12-25-2014 01:43 PM
    You've seen the people have had various results with the various products out there. I think the safest would be to go with the one that seemed to have the most positive results, that being the. 2mm iVoler.

cbironman24, Eclipse2K and Moo Cow like this.
    12-25-2014 02:11 PM
    You've seen the people have had various results with the various products out there. I think the safest would be to go with the one that seemed to have the most positive results, that being the. 2mm iVoler.

Agreed.

I would say no option is perfect though.

Verizon is cut far too short.
    XtremeGuardz is not cut enough
    iVoler isn't cut enough by just a slight margin but its easily the best (2mm).

I'd use iVoler. I wish Zagg would do something but at this point it seems doubtful.
    Moo Cow likes this.
    12-25-2014 04:39 PM
    anyone having problems with the IR sensors with the ivolver or other tempered glass protectors? When I wave my hand over the Turbo, it doesn't sense it...
    12-26-2014 08:17 AM
    anyone having problems with the IR sensors with the ivolver or other tempered glass protectors? When I wave my hand over the Turbo, it doesn't sense it...
    Mine works the same as before with both the VZW (now residing in the trash can), and the Extreme Guard. Don't have the iVoler to add to my experience though.
    12-26-2014 09:36 AM
    Mine works with the iVoler glass.
    12-26-2014 09:38 AM
    I had exactly that same experience with the BodyGuardz tempered glass protector on my 2nd gen. Moto X. I tried another brand first, which didn't affect the sensors, but the fit was so poor I ditched it. Then I tried the BodyGuardz, which fit pretty good, but the sensors were hit and miss - and mostly miss. From what I'm reading here, it looks like a thinner 0.2mm protector is a better choice anyway. If I can find a 0.2mm one for the X, I'm sure going to try it. The 0.2mm iVoler experiences here with the Turbo look really encouraging.
    12-26-2014 03:12 PM
    Mine works with the iVoler glass.
    I wish I could just get the thing installed. No luck.
    12-26-2014 04:40 PM
    What issues are you experiencing?
    12-26-2014 06:45 PM
    Steady hands, clean environment, perfectly celan glass phone surface, and no one else around to bother you are all good helpers in getting a screen protector installed. These new "stiff" glass protectors are sooooo much easier to install than the cheaper plastic type protectors that require a liquid solution to be applied to the surface of the phone first.

Practice positioning the screen protector without taking off the protective coating a few time first. Once you know how you want it to lay, remember where the top portion was aligned as your starting point. I find this to be a good method for myself.
    asif105878, dcallan and Moo Cow like this.
    12-26-2014 09:06 PM
    Steady hands, clean environment, perfectly celan glass phone surface, and no one else around to bother you are all good helpers in getting a screen protector installed. These new "stiff" glass protectors are sooooo much easier to install than the cheaper plastic type protectors that require a liquid solution to be applied to the surface of the phone first.

Practice positioning the screen protector without taking off the protective coating a few time first. Once you know how you want it to lay, remember where the top portion was aligned as your starting point. I find this to be a good method for myself.
    Just align the protector and tape one side. Basically create a hinge. Flip it over, do a final dust cleaning and just flip it back over. Alignment issues no longer exist!
    sharkita, BlazeHN, dcallan and 2 others like this.
    12-26-2014 09:20 PM
    Just align the protector and tape one side. Basically create a hinge. Flip it over, do a final dust cleaning and just flip it back over. Alignment issues no longer exist!
    Good advice guys. I will give it another attempt.
    12-27-2014 09:13 AM
    Hey, where's our "thanks"?!

Just kiddin' And more importantly, good luck!
    12-27-2014 09:16 AM
    Hey, where's our "thanks"?!

Good point. Learning the proper etiquette. :-)

Just kiddin' And more importantly, good luck!
    12-27-2014 11:16 AM
    One thing to remember for the future is to only pull the film off the sticky part right before you flip it back over. Don't leave it filmless for long or it'll attract dust.
    BlazeHN likes this.
    12-27-2014 04:48 PM
84 1234