01-26-2015 05:20 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    So I got one. If I had no case I'd be upset because it didn't stretch to the edges of the screen. But barely it didn't. Barely.

But I Otterbox my phones so no issue as a result. No issues swiping except from the top down. Might be a "me" thing as this is an Otterbox Maxx/Turbo issue for me.

No other complaints; application of the glass was easy as pie. I expected bubbles to iron out and there were none so I pressed her down in place and she was done.

I would recommend it. There may be a bigger one I should have gotten but again, in a case, no one sees it and it is protected well, so, not an issue. Going without a case, I'd be concerned. But I insist on a case to thicken the phone for my hands as well as the protection. So, no big deal.

Glad you guys have this thread. It did help me after all and overall it is a 9/10, or 10/10 if you consider I use a case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-24-2015 11:42 PM
    Steady hands, clean environment, perfectly celan glass phone surface, and no one else around to bother you are all good helpers in getting a screen protector installed. These new "stiff" glass protectors are sooooo much easier to install than the cheaper plastic type protectors that require a liquid solution to be applied to the surface of the phone first.

Practice positioning the screen protector without taking off the protective coating a few time first. Once you know how you want it to lay, remember where the top portion was aligned as your starting point. I find this to be a good method for myself.
    This is perfect and a must read. Period. End of story. It speaks much truth. Thanks for posting this!

dungoyle likes this.
    01-24-2015 11:44 PM
    This is perfect and a must read. Period. End of story. It speaks much truth. Thanks for posting this!

I'm an expert in installing any dry install screen protector. Never any dust, perfectly clean. The iVoler still Halos (lifts) due to the 2D Glass.

Does anyone not have this issue? I've done 3 installs and all of them went bad. The first was lifting but it was all off the display. The other 2 lifted into the display.

That's bad quality control because that shouldn't be. That's why I ask if anyone has an iVoler that fits perfectly.
    01-25-2015 12:56 AM
    I will say that it isn't a perfect fit compared to the fit I had with my Droid H and Droid Bionic. We are talking about a 1/16 of an inch on the sides and I had to pull away my case to see that. I grant you that there is a small gap at the top and the bottom of the phone. That being said the screen protector comes with a life time warranty. Have you ever bought another brand that came with that kind of warranty? I paid 24.00 at Verizon. The salesman assured my that if I broke the screen with that protector on my phone that it would be replaced free of charge one time. I since have been to Verizon's site trying to verify that info after I came across this thread. Sadly I couldn't find it. I like mine. I replaced a few on my other phones the cheap plastic ones because something in my pocket had damaged them. Car keys or nail clippers I use fishing, You will be hard pressed to scratch this on anything in your pocket unless you have your girls diamond ring in there.
    This is a quote from the manufacturers site.
    "OLEOPHOBIC COATING - Easy to clean,provides an effective barrier against water, oil and dust. You can kiss annoying smudges and fingerprints goodbye.
    HASSLE FREE - Bubble-free, easy installation, and perfect fit. Guaranteed by iVoler No-Hassle Lifetime Replacement Warranty."
    01-25-2015 07:09 AM
    I'm an expert in installing any dry install screen protector. Never any dust, perfectly clean. The iVoler still Halos (lifts) due to the 2D Glass.

Does anyone not have this issue? I've done 3 installs and all of them went bad. The first was lifting but it was all off the display. The other 2 lifted into the display.

That's bad quality control because that shouldn't be. That's why I ask if anyone has an iVoler that fits perfectly.
    Define "halo" for me. Like it appears to bubble up on the ends? Or a corner is coming up? Or it just looks like the very very tippy edge all the way around isn't sticking?

I know, I know, dumb question, but see my earlier post in this thread; I'm kinda-sorta new to the tempered glass stuff.
    01-25-2015 11:08 AM
    Define "halo" for me. Like it appears to bubble up on the ends? Or a corner is coming up? Or it just looks like the very very tippy edge all the way around isn't sticking?

I know, I know, dumb question, but see my earlier post in this thread; I'm kinda-sorta new to the tempered glass stuff.
    The edges are almost white rather than clear. If you put pressure on the edge it'll change for a second and then lift again normally.
    01-25-2015 11:13 AM
    Mine after a month of good use popped up on the lower right corner, a fairly large spot. No idea what happened.
    01-26-2015 12:30 AM
    The edges are almost white rather than clear. If you put pressure on the edge it'll change for a second and then lift again normally.
    I don't have this. Luck I guess. I am extremely please with mine.
    01-26-2015 07:38 AM
    I don't have this. Luck I guess. I am extremely please with mine.
    This would help validate my point that iVoler has quality control issues. The amount of lifting was varied significantly in all 3 I installed with the same alignment.

Shame, really.
    01-26-2015 05:20 PM
84 ... 234