iVoler Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It is a thin piece of actual glass, slightly flexible. Tempered means it's designed to shatter like a windshield where it doesn't actually break into small pieces but actually stays formed together.

The self adhesive sticky ones, or the wet mount ones, while still protecting the screen actually accumulate scratches fairly quickly. The tempered glass ones actually are pretty scratch resistant. Based on the ones I've used they truly feel like you're sliding your finger across a glass screen

Posted via the Android Central App

So it looks like I'll be investing in these then based on your description, which I truly do appreciate. I have an Otterbox and between it, the plastic cover, and the screen itself, no scratches. But, I pay the money for the phone, and a little up front for long term protection always works. And I'm willing to do more to ensure that.

This thread seems to be one of the most "You should get this one" types which is why I asked here. I will look into my options but have bookmarked this thread.

Thanks again.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
You've seen the people have had various results with the various products out there. I think the safest would be to go with the one that seemed to have the most positive results, that being the. 2mm iVoler.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You've seen the people have had various results with the various products out there. I think the safest would be to go with the one that seemed to have the most positive results, that being the. 2mm iVoler.

Agreed.

I would say no option is perfect though.

Verizon is cut far too short.
XtremeGuardz is not cut enough
iVoler isn't cut enough by just a slight margin but its easily the best (2mm).

I'd use iVoler. I wish Zagg would do something but at this point it seems doubtful.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
anyone having problems with the IR sensors with the ivolver or other tempered glass protectors? When I wave my hand over the Turbo, it doesn't sense it...

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
anyone having problems with the IR sensors with the ivolver or other tempered glass protectors? When I wave my hand over the Turbo, it doesn't sense it...
Mine works the same as before with both the VZW (now residing in the trash can), and the Extreme Guard. Don't have the iVoler to add to my experience though.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I had exactly that same experience with the BodyGuardz tempered glass protector on my 2nd gen. Moto X. I tried another brand first, which didn't affect the sensors, but the fit was so poor I ditched it. Then I tried the BodyGuardz, which fit pretty good, but the sensors were hit and miss - and mostly miss. From what I'm reading here, it looks like a thinner 0.2mm protector is a better choice anyway. If I can find a 0.2mm one for the X, I'm sure going to try it. The 0.2mm iVoler experiences here with the Turbo look really encouraging.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could just get the thing installed. No luck.
Steady hands, clean environment, perfectly celan glass phone surface, and no one else around to bother you are all good helpers in getting a screen protector installed. These new "stiff" glass protectors are sooooo much easier to install than the cheaper plastic type protectors that require a liquid solution to be applied to the surface of the phone first.

Practice positioning the screen protector without taking off the protective coating a few time first. Once you know how you want it to lay, remember where the top portion was aligned as your starting point. I find this to be a good method for myself.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Steady hands, clean environment, perfectly celan glass phone surface, and no one else around to bother you are all good helpers in getting a screen protector installed. These new "stiff" glass protectors are sooooo much easier to install than the cheaper plastic type protectors that require a liquid solution to be applied to the surface of the phone first.

Practice positioning the screen protector without taking off the protective coating a few time first. Once you know how you want it to lay, remember where the top portion was aligned as your starting point. I find this to be a good method for myself.

Just align the protector and tape one side. Basically create a hinge. Flip it over, do a final dust cleaning and just flip it back over. Alignment issues no longer exist! :)

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I got one. If I had no case I'd be upset because it didn't stretch to the edges of the screen. But barely it didn't. Barely.

But I Otterbox my phones so no issue as a result. No issues swiping except from the top down. Might be a "me" thing as this is an Otterbox Maxx/Turbo issue for me.

No other complaints; application of the glass was easy as pie. I expected bubbles to iron out and there were none so I pressed her down in place and she was done.

I would recommend it. There may be a bigger one I should have gotten but again, in a case, no one sees it and it is protected well, so, not an issue. Going without a case, I'd be concerned. But I insist on a case to thicken the phone for my hands as well as the protection. So, no big deal.

Glad you guys have this thread. It did help me after all and overall it is a 9/10, or 10/10 if you consider I use a case.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

This is perfect and a must read. Period. End of story. It speaks much truth. Thanks for posting this!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is perfect and a must read. Period. End of story. It speaks much truth. Thanks for posting this!

I'm an expert in installing any dry install screen protector. Never any dust, perfectly clean. The iVoler still Halos (lifts) due to the 2D Glass.

Does anyone not have this issue? I've done 3 installs and all of them went bad. The first was lifting but it was all off the display. The other 2 lifted into the display.

That's bad quality control because that shouldn't be. That's why I ask if anyone has an iVoler that fits perfectly.

Dale Rafferty1

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I will say that it isn't a perfect fit compared to the fit I had with my Droid H and Droid Bionic. We are talking about a 1/16 of an inch on the sides and I had to pull away my case to see that. I grant you that there is a small gap at the top and the bottom of the phone. That being said the screen protector comes with a life time warranty. Have you ever bought another brand that came with that kind of warranty? I paid 24.00 at Verizon. The salesman assured my that if I broke the screen with that protector on my phone that it would be replaced free of charge one time. I since have been to Verizon's site trying to verify that info after I came across this thread. Sadly I couldn't find it. I like mine. I replaced a few on my other phones the cheap plastic ones because something in my pocket had damaged them. Car keys or nail clippers I use fishing, You will be hard pressed to scratch this on anything in your pocket unless you have your girls diamond ring in there. :cool:
This is a quote from the manufacturers site.
"OLEOPHOBIC COATING - Easy to clean,provides an effective barrier against water, oil and dust. You can kiss annoying smudges and fingerprints goodbye.
HASSLE FREE - Bubble-free, easy installation, and perfect fit. Guaranteed by iVoler No-Hassle Lifetime Replacement Warranty."

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm an expert in installing any dry install screen protector. Never any dust, perfectly clean. The iVoler still Halos (lifts) due to the 2D Glass.

Does anyone not have this issue? I've done 3 installs and all of them went bad. The first was lifting but it was all off the display. The other 2 lifted into the display.

That's bad quality control because that shouldn't be. That's why I ask if anyone has an iVoler that fits perfectly.

Define "halo" for me. Like it appears to bubble up on the ends? Or a corner is coming up? Or it just looks like the very very tippy edge all the way around isn't sticking?

I know, I know, dumb question, but see my earlier post in this thread; I'm kinda-sorta new to the tempered glass stuff. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey