Can I use voice command to end apps?

captkos

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
voice command to end apps

can anyone tell me how to end apps with voice command. Also, end phone calls and return to main page with voice command?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: voice command to end apps

As for the apps Google Now may be able to do that for you if you enable always listening. Maybe. I feel like the command would be something like OK Google, Close all apps. However I don't see anyway to end a call with a voice command. That would be awkward if calls randomly started ending because you misspoke on a call or voice recognition heard something wrong.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

As far as I know, there is no way to do that with Moto Voice or Google Now voice commands. You can open another app, but you can't necessarily close an app (which matches the way Android was designed - there is no close app control, and apps are meant to go into the background with minimal to no CPU and battery when you open another app.)

You may be able to do what you want with Tasker and the AutoVoice plugin, but I really don't know for sure, and that will really drain the battery compared with Moto Voice.

See:

How to Create a Custom Google Now Command for Anything on Android
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.joaomgcd.autovoice&hl=en&token=840kbc1z
FAQ | joaoapps.com

(I've never used it myself, but it's possible that this will do those things...)

captkos

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for all the great replies. I'm gonna push my luck and ask another question. It seems that "alerts" can only use one sound. On my old EVO, I could program one sound for email and other sound for messages and another for calendar reminders. Is this possible on the turbo?

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for all the great replies. I'm gonna push my luck and ask another question. It seems that "alerts" can only use one sound. On my old EVO, I could program one sound for email and other sound for messages and another for calendar reminders. Is this possible on the turbo?

Just set the notification sound in each app's settings.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20