02-15-2015 08:28 PM
27 12
tools
    So, this is how mine came:

Ballistic Nylon: Do you have slight fraying?-zewrywr.jpg

it's very slight, but I am now seeing a silimar and slightly longer fray around the camera. It's only seen when viewed from the side.

Anyone else? I've already had Motorola note it on my account just in case I need a return so they cannot claim I abused it, lol.
    11-11-2014 07:43 AM
    I have a slight fray around the M logo under the camera but other than that I've noticed nothing.
    NoahForeman and rxgadget like this.
    11-11-2014 08:03 AM
    Same here. Just slight fraying near the Motorola logo

Posted via the Android Central App
    NoahForeman likes this.
    11-11-2014 08:19 AM
    I have fairly slight, but getting worse fraying around the left side of the camera. Not worth it to me as I will have this in a case most of the time anyway. Shame they don't make the non-Ballistic version in 64GB.
    datagrrl and NoahForeman like this.
    11-11-2014 08:39 AM
    Mine looks EXACTLY like yours does in the picture. No worries here, though.
    NoahForeman likes this.
    11-11-2014 08:56 AM
    I swapped my first one out on day two due to the nylon fraying around both the camera and the M logo. The new one developed a slight fray from the M logo as well...I burned it off and it hasn't returned since, but does have me concerned how this backing will hold up over time.

11-11-2014 11:01 AM
    I have had the shell thing from Verizon on for a few days now. I just took it off. I had marks where the clips are but once I rubbed it a bit they disappeared. No issues.
    11-11-2014 11:34 AM
    The way the ballistic nylon is cut may leave some edge fraying due to the cuts. However, the fraying shouldn't spread from that one spot. Burning it down will work. BN is an extremely durable material, so I have no worries that the backing will outlast the life of the device.
    Masheen likes this.
    11-11-2014 02:09 PM
    I got a replacement yesterday for some touchscreen issues. The new back has a slightly different feel - I can feel the fibers a little more. The older one feels more smooth. I'm not sure it there is a light coating on the back of my older one or is the difference I feel is due to the older one having a weeks worth of use (skin oils, etc). When I rub my hand over the back of the new one, I can feel more 'prickling' of the fibers as I move. It isn't perceptible to the eye, it just feels a little different

I don't even know exactly what to ask here - IS there a light 'coating' over the BN? Has anyone compared the Turbo that they've handled to one straight out of the box?
    11-12-2014 06:56 AM
    I didn't get the nylon because I knew my anal - ness would drive me nuts with any slight imperfections.

11-12-2014 08:41 AM
    Careful with the non ballistic nylon back. The paint tends to chip around the USB charging port if you're not extremely careful when you plug the unit to power.

11-12-2014 10:26 AM
    I inspected my BN carefully before walking out of the store and it is tight and flawless.

Posted via the Turbo
    11-15-2014 11:37 AM
    Swapped out my first Turbo because it was frayed out of the box. Can expect that after a year of use but not brand new.
    11-15-2014 01:36 PM
    Careful with the non ballistic nylon back. The paint tends to chip around the USB charging port if you're not extremely careful when you plug the unit to power.

I noticed the same thing on the second one I had, but my third one seems to be fine so far.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo.
    11-15-2014 02:23 PM
    Qi charging is your friend 😁

11-15-2014 10:35 PM
    I have had a horrible experience with Verizon and Motorola on this issue. My phone started fraying on the first day of use by simply being put in and out of a jean pocket carefully (it was my new $600 device of course).Within a week the fraying had started on other parts of the phone and now there is an inch by half inch section where the nylon is clearly "bubbling" off of the phone. Verizon would not replace the phone as they claim it is not a "know issue" and Motorola told me that this was due to normal "ware and tear". I understand the need for them to go through proper protocols but this phone is clearly defective and for Motorola to be marketing something called "ballistic nylon" and then claim that after one day of use "ware and tear" has caused it to start falling apart is beyond ridiculous. Motorola has me sending them pictures now so they can decided if they can escalate the issue or not but so far the response from both companies on this has been terrible. It is a shame because this is my 3rd Moto device and 5th year with Verizon. I have generally been very happy with both companies.
    01-05-2015 09:53 AM
    I have a Bianchi ballistic nylon duty belt that I've worn at least 40 hours a week for the past 5 years and it has almost no fraying at all, so the Turbos back should be holding up better than some of you are experiencing.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    01-05-2015 10:02 AM
    I have fraying and lint keeps getting cought in it. VERY annoying. I wish they had the soft touch kevlar.
    01-05-2015 12:16 PM
    My wife and I's phones both had the slight OOTB fraying, but neither have worsened at all. The BN does pick up lint, but a quick blast with a can of compressed air solves that problem.
    01-05-2015 12:36 PM
    My wife and I's phones both had the slight OOTB fraying, but neither have worsened at all. The BN does pick up lint, but a quick blast with a can of compressed air solves that problem.
    Not on mine. Pocket lint is STUCK in the frayed BN. You have to pull at it pretty well to get it off and I'm afraid its pulling up the BN from the backing.
    01-06-2015 08:09 AM
    I can say that I have experienced maybe one or two frays since I bought my Turbo back in November. Now that I have my Seidio Surface on it, I won't have to worry about it but I'll keep an eye on it.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo
    01-06-2015 08:31 AM
    Not on mine. Pocket lint is STUCK in the frayed BN. You have to pull at it pretty well to get it off and I'm afraid its pulling up the BN from the backing.
    Not sure what type of lint-filled environment your phone is inhabiting, but considering lint collection isn't a complaint of many/any others, I'd say that's a slight exaggeration. My wife and I are both caseless and lint is not an issue whatsoever.
    01-06-2015 09:02 AM
    Just my pocket, and lint is only a problem at the frayed edges.
    01-06-2015 11:43 AM
    Just my pocket, and lint is only a problem at the frayed edges.
    Lint stuck in fraying BN around camera after being in my jeans pocket half a day. Not stoked about it. Have an otterbox coming (free) from Costco. Not sure I want a bulky case on it tho.

02-14-2015 10:41 PM
    my fraying was at where the nylon meets the rubber
    02-15-2015 05:37 PM
27 12